Windows 10: BSOD - DVBT USB Tuner

Discus and support BSOD - DVBT USB Tuner in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi All I am not 100% sure it is the USB Tuner, but this is what it is looking like to me, so hope someone can look at these logs and confirm I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by paulsalter, Oct 10, 2015.

1. BSOD - DVBT USB Tuner

Hi All

I am not 100% sure it is the USB Tuner, but this is what it is looking like to me, so hope someone can look at these logs and confirm

I have been having the BSOD every day for the last 4 days now and that is the only thing I can see that changes
    The tuner is working fine until I get the BSOD

Tuner is recognised in device manager under a sound and vision device
    No problems reported with it
    I get a BSOD (just seems at random times, not when I am using the device)
    When it restarts, the Tuner has had a driver change and moved into the USB category with a warning saying device failed to start
    Change driver back and all works fine until I get a BSOD again, then repeat

Hope someone can have a look or give me some pointers on what it could be

EDIT:Not sure how the logs work, but last crash was approx 9:15am today

Thanks

:)

paulsalter, Oct 10, 2015

2. dvbt and windows 10

can I use my dvbt usb tv tuner with windows 10

barry the pom, Oct 10, 2015
  3. Why hasn't usb3 and dvbt incompatibility been solved?

Greetings

I have solved my problem by using a usb 2 port for the DVBT tuner it works perfectly.

The problem is obviously not on the high priority list at Microsoft or else there would be a simple solution already published that would be easy to find. I've had the problem with various mobos and cpus. What with usb 2 disappearing and only usb 3 being
    available on the newer laptops etc.

It's no wander that Microsoft got rid of WMC from Win 10 if usb 3 was a problem.

If there is a solution could it be made public and simple.

MikeVolsing, Oct 10, 2015
  4. axe0 New Member

BSOD - DVBT USB Tuner

Hi paulsalter,

The crashes are caused by a driver called cydtv.sys which seems to be a USB driver from Tuner.
    Please update the drivers of this USB.
    Code: *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for cydtv.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for cydtv.sys 0: kd> lmvm cydtv start end module name fffff801`70ab0000 fffff801`70b69d00 cydtv T (no symbols) Loaded symbol image file: cydtv.sys Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\drivers\cydtv.sys Image name: cydtv.sys Timestamp: Wed Feb 26 18:53:23 2014 (530E2A13) CheckSum: 000C6C38 ImageSize: 000B9D00 Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4[/quote]

5. Many thanks for the quick reply

I did a check for drivers for the device and they have a win 10 compatible one
    This has now been installed and all seems to be functioning fine

however the cydtv.sys file is the same version as before

I will monitor it for a few days, could have been corruption that reinstalling has fixed?

paulsalter, Oct 10, 2015
  6. axe0 New Member
    More likely is the date the problem.

7. Is this something that can be fixed?, or do you just mean its too old

Prior to last Thursday I have had no problems with it, no crashes in 8.1 or 10 until last week

paulsalter, Oct 10, 2015
  8. axe0 New Member

BSOD - DVBT USB Tuner

I mean it is just old.

It doesn't have to occur immediately.

9. Thanks

If its ok with you I would like to leave this unanswered for a few days just so I can monitor the issue

might not be much that can fix it if the driver is old and the fault remains, but just want to see if its now resolved

paulsalter, Oct 10, 2015
  10. axe0 New Member
    I recommend it to leave a thread open for a few days in case any BSOD occurs *Wink

11. Good Morning

Not urgent for checking, but if you have a spare few mins can you have a look to see if this is the same issue
    I didn't notice the blue screen (might have been there when I wasn't looking though), I just heard the computer restart at 11:57pm yesterday and after restarting it had changed the driver for the tuner again

Thanks

Attachment 42513

paulsalter, Oct 12, 2015
  12. axe0 New Member
    Please check the details of the driver cydtv.sys
    Located at C:\Windows\system32\drivers\
    I just want to make sure we have the right software that causes this
    Code: 1: kd> lmvm cydtv start end module name fffff801`52340000 fffff801`523f9d00 cydtv T (no symbols) Loaded symbol image file: cydtv.sys Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\drivers\cydtv.sys Image name: cydtv.sys Timestamp: Wed Feb 26 18:53:23 2014 (530E2A13) CheckSum: 000C6C38 ImageSize: 000B9D00 Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4[/quote]

13. BSOD - DVBT USB Tuner

Hi
    Thanks for the reply, that certainly looks like part of the tune software (not sure if driver is from windows or from device mfg)

Attachment 42581Attachment 42582

paulsalter, Oct 12, 2015
  14. axe0 New Member
    As you have already updated it, the best solution for now is not using it until there are updates available.

15. Thanks, not sure if they will update it as its a bit old, it was only a cheap tuner
    will put up with it for now until I can get a replacement, it still works fine for watching tv or recording

unless todays windows update has done something to fix it *Smile

Thanks again for your help

paulsalter, Oct 12, 2015
Thema:

BSOD - DVBT USB Tuner

1. BSOD - DVBT USB Tuner - Similar Threads - BSOD DVBT USB

2. Clear Type Text Tuner!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Clear Type Text Tuner!: Hi again, if I use this app, and set it to my liking, it doesn't seem to hold the settings! When I say doesn't seem to hold it, I mean the highlighted boxes have changed when I use it again!!I run as an Administrator!Is that normal?Maybe it just reverts to default!Brian...
  3. Clear Type Text Tuner!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Clear Type Text Tuner!: Hi again, if I use this app, and set it to my liking, it doesn't seem to hold the settings! When I say doesn't seem to hold it, I mean the highlighted boxes have changed when I use it again!!I run as an Administrator!Is that normal?Maybe it just reverts to default!Brian...
  4. Clear Type Text Tuner!

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Hardware Certification for a driver of TV Tuner card

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hardware Certification for a driver of TV Tuner card: Hi All,Hoping you are having a great day.Recently, I bought this TV tuner card that came with a driver by the way I reside in the Philippines, and it is exactly the same card down to the last chip and capacitors based on the picturePCI-E Internal TV Tuner FM Tuner MPEG Video...
  6. Anyone have problems with this kind of TV tuner?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Anyone have problems with this kind of TV tuner?: The PCI version of this card works with Windows 10. I am not certain with this one as I have tried everything from disabling device signature to secure boot but still no luck....
  7. USB TV tuner inhibits sleep

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    USB TV tuner inhibits sleep: Hi guys! I'm starting to pull my hear out... Up until today everything worked. My Hauppauge Wintv-Hvr-935 HD USB tuner was plugged into one of the rear USB slots, and the machine slept just fine. However I noticed today that it wakes up IMMEDIATELY after it goes to sleep (in...
  8. USB TV tuner inhibits sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    USB TV tuner inhibits sleep: Hi guys! I'm starting to pull my hear out... Up until today everything worked. My Hauppauge Wintv-Hvr-935 HD USB tuner was plugged into one of the rear USB slots, and the machine slept just fine. However I noticed today that it wakes up IMMEDIATELY after it goes to sleep (in...
  9. tv tuner card not showing up

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    tv tuner card not showing up: My tv tuner card not showing up at all in win 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tv-tuner-card-not-showing-up/2df2dba1-e855-4005-8c3d-657c564ddcac
  10. TV Tuner PCI Card USB ATSC no longer working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    TV Tuner PCI Card USB ATSC no longer working: I've looked high and low for weeks now to get this solved once and for all. I have a Asus PS3-110-NAQ Hybrid, and a Microtune ATSC/NTSC capture USB device. Both worked just fine up until recently. I use two DVR programs, Blaze HDTV v6.0 and SichboPVR - not at the same...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cydtv.sys