Windows 10: BSOD dxgkrnl.sys error SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION

Discus and support BSOD dxgkrnl.sys error SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi I keep getting this dxgkrnl.sys error every time I try to log in to my laptop. Currently I'm running it in safe mode with networking. The issue... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by lostpotato, Mar 4, 2017.

1. BSOD dxgkrnl.sys error SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION

Hi
    I keep getting this dxgkrnl.sys error every time I try to log in to my laptop. Currently I'm running it in safe mode with networking. The issue started a day after I got a windows update and after chatting with 5 Microsoft customer service representatives they told me to give my laptop for repair to manufacturer.

Things I've already tried:

sfc /scannow, chkdsk /r /f, DISM, system restore point, refresh PC, factory reset, updating graphic drivers (which just sends me to that screen instantly), downgrading graphics driver to Microsoft basic display adapter, uninstalling and deleting graphic driver, disabling all non-Microsoft services using msconfig and start up programs in task manager. Still can't fix the issue. I tried Media creation tool to get a windows 10 bootable usb and tried downloading iso file to burn on a cd but even that shows error code 0x8007043C - 0x90016(which I think is because I'm in safe mode but I don't have access to another computer to make a bootable usb).

· OS - Windows 10 Education (Version 10.0.14393 Build 14393)
    · x64 (64-bit) ?
    · What was the original installed OS on the system? - Windows 8
    · Windows 8 came pre-installed on system
    · Approximate age of system (hardware) - 4 years
    · Approximate age of OS installation - 4 months
    · Have you re-installed the OS? - Yes, I gave my laptop for repair 5 months ago and they installed a fresh 8.1 but windows automatically updated to 10.

· CPU
    · Video Card - Intel HD 3000
    · Processor - Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-2328M CPU @ 2.20GHz, 2195 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
    · RAM - 4.00 GB

· System Manufacturer
    · Exact model number - Toshiba Satellite C850 - B561
    Thank you

:)

lostpotato, Mar 4, 2017

2. BSOD dxgkrnl.sys error SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION

Looks like Toshiba does not use that feature in boot menu.

In pc settings - Device mgr. Do you have "Other" folder. If so and there are drivers in that folder with ? / yellow/ red marks. You should uninstall them.

Also you should not have any 3rd party antivirus software installed, SD cards installed or printers connected before you boot up.

Jmarco0921, Mar 4, 2017
  3. BSOD dxgkrnl.sys error SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION

Found spec on your Toshiba Satellite C850 i3 proc. This Satellite with i3 proc has only intel HD 3000 video adapter.

Another change you might try is increasing Advanced Graphic Configuration in your Bios settings.

(1) Shut down the system while pressing the SHIFT key to completely power off.

(2) Power on while pressing F2 to enter the BIOS Setup Menu.

(3) Go to Advanced tab and change "Graphic Configuration" setting to "128m". (if it is set to 64m)

Other Bios changes you can make include:

Disable Secure Boot & change Fast boot to legacy boot-CSM (if that feature is included)

(3) Go to the Security tab and set the "Secure Boot" setting to "Disabled".

After changing bios be sure to save & exit (F10 key)

Before making Bios changes you should make notation what Bios current setting are so if changes do not help; you can go back and restore your Bios to its previous settings.

Jmarco0921, Mar 4, 2017
  4. philc43 Win User

BSOD dxgkrnl.sys error SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION

Hello and welcome to TenForums *Smile

I've looked at three of your most recent crash dumps and two point to memory corruption as a possible cause.

BSOD dxgkrnl.sys error SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION [​IMG]
    Diagnostic Test
    RAM TEST

Run MemTest86+ - Test RAM - Windows 10 Forums

Note

MemTest86+ needs to be run for at least 8 complete passes for conclusive results. Set it running before you go to bed and leave it overnight. We're looking for zero errors here. Even a single error will indicate RAM failure.

Make a photo of the result and post it.

philc43, Mar 5, 2017
  5. I let it run overnight and it ran 10 tests without any error. I think it's got something to do with the graphics card.

Attachment 124062

lostpotato, Mar 6, 2017
  6. Please run the newest version of Memtest86+ U need version 5.01

Diagnostic Test
    RAM TEST

Run MemTest86+ - Test RAM - Windows 10 Forums

Note MemTest86+ needs to be run for at least 8 complete passes for conclusive results. Set it running before you go to bed and leave it overnight. We're looking for zero errors here. Even a single error will indicate RAM failure.

Make a photo of the result and post it.

BSODHunter, Mar 6, 2017
  7. I have tried to run the newer version 4 times already and this is what I get each time.
    Attachment 124188
    [youtube]_KW8o9A6Ywk[/youtube]

lostpotato, Mar 7, 2017
  8. BSOD dxgkrnl.sys error SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION

Attachment 124290
    After many tries I got it to work. Here is 5.01 memtest result. No errors.

lostpotato, Mar 8, 2017
  9. After waiting for days in safe mode and not getting any solution I downloaded windows 10 iso file and installed new version of windows. It worked and all my data got wiped. Thanks to all who helped me. If you have the same problem and are reading this follow these steps: search windows 10 iso file, make bootable usb with rufus and install new version of windows after formatting the old one from the drive. Good luck.

lostpotato, Mar 11, 2017
  10. BSODHunter, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

BSOD dxgkrnl.sys error SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION

1. BSOD dxgkrnl.sys error SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION - Similar Threads - BSOD dxgkrnl sys

2. BSOD System Service Exception

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD System Service Exception: I'm getting a BSOD occasionally that started a couple weeks ago and has gotten worse.The minidumps pointed to a system file so I ran driver verifier and these are the mini dumps it produced off of 2...
  3. BSOD Error System Service Exception: TCP_IP.sys

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD Error System Service Exception: TCP_IP.sys: Hi,I am continiously facing an issue with my PC where the blue screen of death suddenly appears, stating System Service Exception: TCP_IP.sys before restart. I have googled and tried various fixes but nothing has worked.Here are the log files. Can you please check and help me...
  4. System Service Exception. Wdf01000.sys

System Service Exception. Wdf01000.sys: My Toshiba Satellite Laptop on Winfows 10,still keeps restarting for like the 40th time. And it won't turn to the locker screen, what do I do to fix this? Can anyone help, please? [IMG]...
  5. BSOD System Service Exception

in Windows 10 Customization
    BSOD System Service Exception: I am randomly getting BSOD screen, some times after 1 month and sometimes every day. I need help debugging my problem. Here is my recent minidump file. https://1drv.ms/u/s!AvosaqT-_cvHlX60M_yLb5hmVDa6?e=qwzgKn Thanks...
  6. System Service Exception- igdkmd64.sys

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    System Service Exception- igdkmd64.sys: Help pls, when I put a video card in my pc, starts normally but when is charging windows appears a blu screen that says "System Service Exception-Error igdkmd64.sys". But it happens only when i put the video card....
  7. BSOD: System Service Exception

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BSOD: System Service Exception: Hello everyone, I kept on getting BSOD on my new PC for a few days. I'm not sure why this is happening frequently although I have updated all drivers and removed the ones that I think is causing issues. I removed my NVIDIA driver as well as my printer device application yet...
  8. BSOD Error code: System Service Exception

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    BSOD Error code: System Service Exception: Hello, I've recently had a BSOD with the System_Service_Exception stop code. I've since run a MalwareBytes scan to check for viruses or malware (nothing found) and used the System File Checker tool in PowerShell as well (no discrepancies there either). I've attached...
  9. System Service Exception BSOD

System Service Exception BSOD: Hello, I've been frequently having BSOD with the exception System Service Exception. I read online that I should update my drivers but I would appreciate if someone could take a closer look at my dump files to pin point which driver. It might possibly be my usb host...
  10. system service exception rtkvhd64.sys

system service exception rtkvhd64.sys: I have no idea... I tried reinstall many times... about 5 or more... I even use Acer driver and MS auto driver... still crash and no sound after using for awhile. I reinstall Windows and sometime I install driver manually and automatically still sound fked up I'm...