Windows 10: BSOD error 0xc000021a crash

Discus and support BSOD error 0xc000021a crash in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; This morning, I needed to check my emails so tried booting up my laptop only for the BSOD saying "Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart. We... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Geerey7, Nov 16, 2015.

1. Geerey7 Win User

BSOD error 0xc000021a crash

This morning, I needed to check my emails so tried booting up my laptop only for the BSOD saying "Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart. We are just collecting some error info and then we will restart for you." I allow it to reach 100% but whenever it starts to restart my laptop just freezes. No matter how many times I boot my computer this always seem to happen which is why I am unable to follow the BSOD posting instructions. Is there anyway I can fix this as I need certain data that is on my hard drive?

:)

Geerey7, Nov 16, 2015

2. windows 10 pro stuck in restart loop "your pc ran into a problem and needs to restart. We are just collecting some error info, and then we'll restart for you, stop code: 0xc000021a"

You can check this thread and follow the answer provided by Likhitha
    V to resolve the issue with stop code: 0xc000021a error.

Update us on the results.

Reymichael Ros, Nov 16, 2015
  3. SoapSoul Win User
    BSOD during gaming

I got BSOD while playing games, the error message shows memory manager, after that I cannot boot into windows because of BSOD error 0xc000021a, I can only boot into it by selecting "disable driver signature enforcement" , what information I need to provide
    to get help?

SoapSoul, Nov 16, 2015
  4. axe0 New Member

5. Geerey7 Win User
    Geerey7, Nov 16, 2015
  6. Geerey7 Win User
    Never mind I didn't read the entirety of the post

*EDIT*
    Now I have read other sections of the post on SeaTools it sounds like I would need another PC to download the software which I am not able to access until the weekend.

Geerey7, Nov 16, 2015
  7. axe0 New Member
    You could start with chkdsk already and hope it gives some result *Smile
    I would recommend to run "chkdsk /r" (without quotes) in case chkdsk finds something it could fix it.

8. Geerey7 Win User

Right so I did what you suggested and it appears that it seems to have got stuck at a specific point however annoyingly neither my phone or iPad want to upload the photo I took so:
    "X:\windows\system32>chkdsk C: /R
    The type of the file system is NTFS.
    Volume label is Windows10_OS.

Stage 1: Examining basic file system structure...
    840192 file records processed.
    File verification complete.
    9361 large file records processed.
    0 bad file records processed.

Stage 2: Examining file name linkage...
    L: 1068850 index entries processed.
    Index verification completed.
    0 unindexed files scanned.
    0 unindexed files recovered to lost and found.

Stage 3: Examining security descriptors...
    Security descriptor verification completed.
    114330 data files processed.
    CHKDSK is verifying Usn Journal...
    16232 USN bytes processed.
    Usn Journal verification completed.

Stage 4: Looking for bad clusters in user file data...
    Progress: 211575 of 840176 done; Stage: 25%; Total: 18%; ETA: 3:53:32"

Like I said, it has now been at this point for over 12 hours now.

Geerey7, Nov 17, 2015
  9. axe0 New Member
    Please keep chkdsk running, it may take some time depending on how much it has to do and the size of the hard drive.

BSOD error 0xc000021a crash [​IMG]
    Warning Aborting chkdsk could cause damage

10. Geerey7 Win User
    Chkdsk has just finished so:

"X:\windows\system32>chkdsk C: /R
    The type of the file system is NTFS.
    Volume label is Windows10_OS.

Stage 1: Examining basic file system structure...
    840192 file records processed.
    File verification complete.
    9361 large file records processed.
    0 bad file records processed.

Stage 2: Examining file name linkage...
    L: 1068850 index entries processed.
    Index verification completed.
    0 unindexed files scanned.
    0 unindexed files recovered to lost and found.

Stage 3: Examining security descriptors...
    Security descriptor verification completed.
    114330 data files processed.
    CHKDSK is verifying Usn Journal...
    16232 USN bytes processed.
    Usn Journal verification completed.

Stage 4: Looking for bad clusters in user file data...
    840176 files processed.
    File data verification completed.

Stage 5: Looking for bad, free clusters...
    102123574 free clusters processed.
    Free space verification complete.

Windows has scanned the file system and found no problems.
    No further action is required."

This seems to imply there is nothing wrong however at the end it did fail to transfer logged messages to the event log with status 50.

Geerey7, Nov 17, 2015
  11. axe0 New Member
    This is just 1 step of finding the cause, there are a few usual causes for this crash.
    • Mismatched system files,
    • User-mode driver
    • system service
    • 3rd party app's

To proceed, you would need recovery media or the troubleshooting options.
    I would recommend the recovery media in case the recovery partition(s) get damaged.
    Recovery Drive - Create in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

12. Geerey7 Win User
    But if I can not load Windows and just continuously get the BSOD or the troubleshooting screen I won't be able to create the recovery drive, will I?

Geerey7, Nov 17, 2015
  13. axe0 New Member

According to your answer you don't have access to any other pc running Windows 10?

14. Geerey7 Win User
    Yes, I do not have access to any other PC running Windows 10 at the moment.

Geerey7, Nov 17, 2015
  15. axe0 New Member
    Alright, lets hope the recovery partition won't get damaged.

Try following, a clean boot
    In the troubleshooting options, go to advanced options and click on command prompt.
    In command prompt enter
    Code: start msconfig[/quote] and press enter.
    In msconfig, try following

Diagnostics Test
    Clean boot
    Please try the following:
    • Open taskmanager
      • Go to the tab startup
      • disable everything
    • Search msconfig and open it
      • Go to the tab services
      • Check 'hide microsoft services'
      • Uncheck all other services
      • Click apply and click ok
    • Reboot if asked
    See if the problem persist, if the problem does not persist enable in the startup tab in taskmanager 1 item and in the services tab in msconfig also 1 service, reboot and see if the problem persist. Keep doing this until you find the culprit or there is nothing left.
    If the problem still persist, try booting in safe mode and see if the problem still persist.

Thema:

1. BSOD error 0xc000021a crash - Similar Threads - BSOD error 0xc000021a

2. BSOD with Error Code 0xc000021a

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD with Error Code 0xc000021a: Hello, I want to ask something, my laptop suddenly being BSOD when i turned it on, i cant enter recovery mode or something like that in this laptop, any suggestion?...
  3. BSOD with Error Code 0xc000021a

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD with Error Code 0xc000021a: Hello, I want to ask something, my laptop suddenly being BSOD when i turned it on, i cant enter recovery mode or something like that in this laptop, any suggestion?...
  4. BSOD - Error Code 0xc000021a

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD - Error Code 0xc000021a: Over the past couple of weeks, my computer has been bluescreening with the error code "0xc000021a" each time. At first I thought it was something that could be fixed with a simple hard reset of my computer, but unfortunately, it later bluescreened again. It seems that each...
  5. BSoD 0xc000021a boot error code

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    BSoD 0xc000021a boot error code: Recently on November 12 2019 I turned on my computer and it started just fine but then only a half hour after turning it on my computer suddenly went to the BSoD with the error code 0xc000021a and now it is stuck on this bsod I've tried all the recovery options it gives you...
  6. BSoD error 0xc000021a

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    BSoD error 0xc000021a: Hi, I just ran my windows 10 pc 3 days ago and I saw a blue screen with message as -'Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart. We're just collecting some error info, and then we'll restart for you' with error 0xc000021a. I've been trying a lot since 3 days to solve it...
  7. Computer boots to BSOD, error 0xC000021A

Computer boots to BSOD, error 0xC000021A: I have a bootable USB with Windows 10, and another hard-drive plugged in running Windows 7. I have used the W7 boot to save my personal files which is lucky. What I have tried: - Boot to safe mode, disable driver signature - Bootable USB -> "sfc /scannow /offbootdir=c:\...
  8. BSOD, error 0xc000021a

BSOD, error 0xc000021a: Attachment 146603 Attachment 146605 Attachment 146609 Hi, I have been struggling with error 0xc000021a for a while now and can not find a way to fix the issue. I tried using sfc /scannow, but all I get is a message saying: Windows Resource Protection found corrupt...
  9. BSOD error 0xc000021a

BSOD error 0xc000021a: I kept my computer on over night and I accidentally hit the print screen button. I have a special program called 'Greenshot' so it overlays the screen with a grid region selector and lets you drag and save. I didn't drag and save so I left it like that over night. As soon...
  10. Error 0xc000021a

in Windows 10 Support
    Error 0xc000021a: Hi, My brother turned on is computer and got this code 0xc000021a , I wondered if anybody can help please. He tells me that he has tried all different options but nothing works. [img] 95304
Tags: