Windows 10: BSOD error 0xc000185 when booting, unable to boot past blue screen.

Discus and support BSOD error 0xc000185 when booting, unable to boot past blue screen. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have tried using the repair tools on the windows 10 media installer. Although, on the system restore option, it just takes me to a small window that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Nanji, Jul 23, 2017.

1. Nanji Win User

BSOD error 0xc000185 when booting, unable to boot past blue screen.

I have tried using the repair tools on the windows 10 media installer. Although, on the system restore option, it just takes me to a small window that says I need to select an operating system, and that I need to restart the laptop, choose an operating system and go back to system restore. The problem is I don't know how to select an operating system. No options show to choose an operating system before clicking system restore. Can anyone help please? I have also already tried automatic repair, so if anyone has a answer to why system restore does not work or have any other solutions, can you please help.

:)

Nanji, Jul 23, 2017

2. Blue screen of death

Yeterday my hp pavilion 23 had restarted itself now when I try to turn it on. I am getting a blue screen stating

file efi microsoft boot bcd

Error 0xc000185

Have tried making a iso disk but I can't get it to work. I can't get my computer to go past that. What do I do?

ShaneAdams, Jul 23, 2017
  3. Windows BSOD, Bad_Pool_Caller

Ran the memtest and it came back with nothing. Also reinstalled Windows 10 Pro x64 and it didn't fix the issue either. After I turned on driver verifier it wouldn't boot past the windows loading screen without blue screening posting the error message "Verifier__Detected_Violation
    (mvxxmm.sys)" but it didn't produce any dump files for these blue screens (let it do it about 8 times before booting into safe mode and resetting verifier settings.) Here are about 7 BSOD dump files from the past hour.

New Compressed (zipped) Folder.zip

SpencerSisson, Jul 23, 2017
  4. zbook New Member

Please post information about your computer and operating system:
    Laptop/Desktop
    Make
    Model
    Drives (SSD vs HD) and sizes
    RAM
    PSU
    CPU
    GPU
    Operating system version and build

1) are files backed up?
    2) had an image of the drive been made?
    3) What is the history of drive problems? Has there been any recent testing?
    4) What is the history of operating system problems?
    5) What is the history for malware?
    6) Have you been doing any over clocking?
    7) Have you been using hardware or software RAID?
    8) When was the last time the BIOS was reset?
    9) What troubleshooting steps have you tried?

Attempt these steps and report in the thread the results:
    10) power on the computer and as soon as you see the Microsoft icon power off
    11) repeat the power on and power off when you see the Microsoft icon
    12) repeat once again power on and power off when you see the Microsoft icon
    13) Does the computer display anything besides a black screen? Do you see "diagnosing your PC"? Does it advance to the WIndows recovery or advanced troubleshooting menu?
    14) Create a bootable windows 10 iso: Download Windows 10
    15) Report your progress in the thread following in kind with the numbers

zbook, Jul 26, 2017
Thema:

1. BSOD error 0xc000185 when booting, unable to boot past blue screen. - Similar Threads - BSOD error 0xc000185

2. Changed the booting settings unable to move past blue screen.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changed the booting settings unable to move past blue screen.: Hello All I've been playing with boot settings as well as trying to change the password of another user who created an account on my laptop I tried several options to get in to their account without password but I couldn't change it neither from bios nor from control panel...
  3. Changed the booting settings unable to move past blue screen.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changed the booting settings unable to move past blue screen.: Hello All I've been playing with boot settings as well as trying to change the password of another user who created an account on my laptop I tried several options to get in to their account without password but I couldn't change it neither from bios nor from control panel...
  4. Changed the booting settings unable to move past blue screen.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Boot blue screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Boot blue screen: So when i turn on my pc it is normal, but the wallpaper is blue and when i go to login menu it just doesnt load. For further informasjon please contact me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/boot-blue-screen/3ddb2f41-2a9a-4a2d-ba26-54e600f7d93d
  6. error code 0xc000185 and 0xc000000f

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    error code 0xc000185 and 0xc000000f: So I recently started having problems with my pc... Whenever I try to boot it up I get this message: [ATTACH] sorry for the overly large picture F1 doesn't work It just loads on my monitor to return to the recovery screen. F8 doesn't do anything I haven't been...
  7. Blue screen with boot device error

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Blue screen with boot device error: Hi. I have a Lenovo 110 ideapad with windows 10. I have a blue screen with an error that states my boot drive is missing or failed. I cannot get into bios because it asks for a password and I forgot it. I have reset the one key recovery but when i turn it on, the Lenovo logo...
  8. Blue screen error/boot looping

Blue screen error/boot looping: Need help restoring my laptop, cant select a restore image now, tried to restore to an erlier date but it failed then locked me out of the image selection. Cant reset windows either, wont enter safe modes, also in command prompt, says my C: drive is reserved for some...
  9. Windows10 unable to boot with stopcode "unmountable boot volume" on blue screen

Windows10 unable to boot with stopcode "unmountable boot volume" on blue screen: Dear Sirs, Due to software hangs, I was forced to power off the computer completely. It is unable to boot up again since then showing a blue screen mentioning stop code of "unmountable boot volume". My questions: (1) how can I recover from this problem? (2) I did not...
  10. BSOD error 0xc000185 when booting

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD error 0xc000185 when booting: Before I begin, I can't post the dm logs as per the instructions, as I can't boot my pc to windows. So, about 2 weeks ago, my pc began to experience some lag spikes in windows itself. It would take a good minute or two to open a file that was normally next to instantaneous...