Windows 10: BSOD error code 0x9F (driver power state failure) on Win 10 Creators

Discus and support BSOD error code 0x9F (driver power state failure) on Win 10 Creators in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, my system is crashing, and it seems to be happening when entering or exiting sleep. I've used multiple programs to triple-check my drivers (Driver... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Merobi1, Nov 25, 2017.

1. Merobi1 Win User

BSOD error code 0x9F (driver power state failure) on Win 10 Creators

Hi, my system is crashing, and it seems to be happening when entering or exiting sleep. I've used multiple programs to triple-check my drivers (Driver Boost, Intel driver update, Lenovo system scan). I've manually checked and updated the ones mentioned in forums (audio, camera, etc.). Thanks in advance for any advice.

Dump files are attached along with the requested log file.

Here are the most recent Who Crashed crash reports:

Crash dumps are enabled on your computer.

On Sun 11/26/2017 11:37:52 your computer crashed
    crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\112617-11609-01.dmp
    This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x1640E0)
    Bugcheck code: 0x9F (0x3, 0xFFFFA10BD4113060, 0xFFFF830E900298F0, 0xFFFFA10BDD5CDB30)
    Error: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE
    file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
    product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
    company: Microsoft Corporation
    description: NT Kernel & System
    Bug check description: This bug check indicates that the driver is in an inconsistent or invalid power state.
    This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
    The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Sun 11/26/2017 11:37:52 your computer crashed
    crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\memory.dmp
    This was probably caused by the following module: ntkrnlmp.exe (nt!KeBugCheckEx+0x0)
    Bugcheck code: 0x9F (0x3, 0xFFFFA10BD4113060, 0xFFFF830E900298F0, 0xFFFFA10BDD5CDB30)
    Bug check description: This bug check indicates that the driver is in an inconsistent or invalid power state.
    This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
    The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Sat 11/25/2017 18:39:40 your computer crashed
    crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\112517-11828-01.dmp
    Bugcheck code: 0x9F (0x3, 0xFFFFD703AB116060, 0xFFFFF80067BCA8F0, 0xFFFFD703B6756820)

On Sat 11/25/2017 12:22:24 your computer crashed
    crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\112517-8875-01.dmp
    Bugcheck code: 0x9F (0x3, 0xFFFFA08FBDBBE060, 0xFFFFF802307CA8F0, 0xFFFFA08FCB5C14A0)

Conclusion
    4 crash dumps have been found and analyzed. No offending third party drivers have been found. Connsider using WhoCrashed Professional which offers more detailed analysis using symbol resolution. Also configuring your system to produce a full memory dump may help you.

:)

Merobi1, Nov 25, 2017
  2. IT Guy Viki, Nov 25, 2017
  3. BSOD error DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE in Windows 10

Original Title: BSOD DRIVER POWER STATE FAILURE

Hi,

I am getting bugged up with the BSOD DRIVER POWER STATE FAILURE.

Plz help

himanshu agarwal ghy, Nov 25, 2017
  4. axe0 New Member

Hi Merobi1,

Welcome to 10forums *Smile

Did you check Lenovo for wifi driver updates or reinstalled the latest one?

5. Merobi1 Win User
    Yes, I've checked and updated the wifi driver (intel 7260). Thanks, axe0.

Merobi1, Nov 26, 2017
  6. axe0 New Member
    Did you use Driver Booster to update drivers and Advanced SystemCare to modify your system?

7. Merobi1 Win User
    Yes, axe0 -- driverview, driver booster, and advanced sys care. thanks.

Merobi1, Nov 26, 2017
  8. axe0 New Member

Please use a restore point prior installing those programs, they are known for causing problems.

9. Merobi1 Win User
    Good to know for the future, axe0. Today I noticed that the monitor driver was out of date and was able to download a newer driver. Could an out of date monitor driver explain why the machine won't wake from sleep?

Merobi1, Nov 26, 2017
  10. axe0 New Member
    Yes, outdated drivers causes incompatibility.

I hope you downloaded the driver through Windows Update or from Lenovo directly.

11. Merobi1 Win User
    Thanks. Downloaded the driver through device manager.

Merobi1, Nov 26, 2017
  12. axe0 New Member
    Device manager does it through Windows Update so that's *Thumbs

Thema:

1. BSOD error code 0x9F (driver power state failure) on Win 10 Creators - Similar Threads - BSOD error code

2. Stop Code Error - driver state power failure

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stop Code Error - driver state power failure: Hi, my laptop works perfectly fine in all aspects until i open Adobe Lightroom. As soon as i open that the whole laptop slows down and within a minute blue screen with driver state power failure comes up. I recently ran an update for Windows 11 and that is when the issue...
  3. Stop Code Error - driver state power failure

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stop Code Error - driver state power failure: Hi, my laptop works perfectly fine in all aspects until i open Adobe Lightroom. As soon as i open that the whole laptop slows down and within a minute blue screen with driver state power failure comes up. I recently ran an update for Windows 11 and that is when the issue...
  4. BSOD: DRIVER POWER STATE FAILURE

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD: DRIVER POWER STATE FAILURE: Hello,I've been attempting to repair a device for some time with no luck. Laptop is a Dell Precision 5560 Device powers on successfully and runs 2-10 minutes before returning the BSOD Driver Power State Failure.I have updated the BIOS, reinstalled the OS using Dell's built in...
  5. driver power state failure BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    driver power state failure BSOD: I have been experiencing a BSOD since 15 days randomly sometimes once a day sometimes 5 times a dayI have tried looking over the net for all possible solutions but haven't found any.attaching the dump filehttps://www.dropbox.com/s/25yjxbxe8ukgzt9/021622-11578-01.dmp?dl=0...
  6. BSOD-Driver power state failure

BSOD-Driver power state failure: Hi all, I've been experiencing a BSOD issue with the code: driver power state failure when I restart my newly bought desktop. I have a USB WiFi dapater, mouse and keyboard connected to the desktop. I am positive that the USB WiFi dapater and its driver are fine because I sent...
  7. BSoD - The Driver Power State Failure Error

BSoD - The Driver Power State Failure Error: Hello,I've been getting this BSoD on a random basis for a few months now. I can't pinpoint what is wrong. I tried uninstalling some of the drivers e.g. for graphics card, Corsair devices to no avail. I've already retrieve the dump file and was wondering if anyone could help...
  8. BSOD - DRIVER POWER STATE FAILURE

BSOD - DRIVER POWER STATE FAILURE: Greetings to all. Since I bought my notebook, the BSOD - DRIVER POWER STATE FAILURE happens everyday, more than 1 year. I reinstalled Windows several times and the bsod insists. I feel like I´ve tried everything. Here´s the files...
  9. XPS 13 - 0x9f Driver Power State Failure 0x06

XPS 13 - 0x9f Driver Power State Failure 0x06: About a couple weeks into a new XPS 13 9300. I can't find any specific catalysts that cause the BSOD, it only happens in the middle of the night so I'm guessing a driver isn't suspending correctly. I did some digging in WinDbg but couldn't find anything obvious. It's not...
  10. BSOD with 0x9F; DRIVER POWER STATE FAILURE problem

BSOD with 0x9F; DRIVER POWER STATE FAILURE problem: I'I'm having a BSOD issue upon sleep with bugcheck code 0x9F DRIVER POWER STATE FAILURE I've updated all intel drivers and GFX drivers with no effect, can someone tell me what is going wrong here? Minidump files can be found here:...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win10 0x3 0x9F

2. Bug Check 0x9F Windows

3. driver\_power\_state\_failure