Windows 10: BSOD Error Code 0xc000021a after attempting to install updates

Discus and support BSOD Error Code 0xc000021a after attempting to install updates in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Where do I even start? A client of mine came to me with their HP desktop and were saying it could not boot and restore points were not even working.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by italianman, Feb 28, 2017.

1. BSOD Error Code 0xc000021a after attempting to install updates

Where do I even start?
    A client of mine came to me with their HP desktop and were saying it could not boot and restore points were not even working. I thought I would have this worked out in no time. I was wrong.

Here is the details for everything:
    - Error code is 0X000021a and I can only see it when I, attempt to, boot into Safe Mode (Which all Safe Mode options do not work.)
    - Normal booting into the OS results in a mainly blue screen with thin lines and streaks cutting through the screen and nothing is distinguishable.
    - I tried System Restore and there is nothing there to access, says Windows.
    In this next section, I run commands from the Command Prompt in the Windows Troubleshooting section of the boot.
    - SFC scans result in this now: "Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation."
    - Chkdsk: Regular Read-Only mode tells me "No further Action is required" and running the extended commands, such as /f /r, takes a huge amount of time and I only did that once. No dice.
    - DISM commands seem like such a good idea but I can run only one of them and it does not help me in any way. Say I run "DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth" it gives me "Deployment Image Servicing and Management Tool. Version 10.0.14393.0.
    Error: 50. DISM does not support servicing Windows PE with the /Online option."
    And if I try any other DISM commands, more errors, like Error 2.
    - System Repair does not work.

I like to fix computers, not just wipe them out and start over. Although, I am at my wits-end here and before I reinstall Windows 10, I figure I would come here first for advice.

Anything is appreciated!

Thanks.

:)

italianman, Feb 28, 2017

2. windows 10 pro stuck in restart loop "your pc ran into a problem and needs to restart. We are just collecting some error info, and then we'll restart for you, stop code: 0xc000021a"

You can check this thread and follow the answer provided by Likhitha
    V to resolve the issue with stop code: 0xc000021a error.

Update us on the results.

Reymichael Ros, Feb 28, 2017
  3. Windows Installation

Hi all, I need help. I recently build a pc and got it to work (BIOS can be loaded and everything seems fine) but during installation of windows 10 pro from a USB drive, I got a BSOD (blue screen of
    death ) with the error code 0xc000021a. Any suggestions? The BSOD will appear after the part where the pc will restart to finish up the windows installation

HanifMurid, Feb 28, 2017
  4. axe0 New Member

BSOD Error Code 0xc000021a after attempting to install updates

Download an ISO from this post (Win10PE with preinstalled software that could help troubleshooting) and in the file explorer search for dump files in C:\Windows\Minidump. Copy these files to a different storage device. Then upload the dumps via a working system after zipping the dumps (the site does not support the dump extension)

axe0, Mar 1, 2017
  5. This is a fantastic tool, thank you for directing me to it!

As far as the Minidumps, I grabbed all of the ones at the system room (Windows, the C drive) and made them into a 7-zip. Would you like to look at them?

Also, while running the PE program, I tried running the DISM commands and I can locate my USB flash drive with Windows 10 installation on it and mount it but then it fails with an "Error: 50" again. Do you want those DISM details as well?

-Edit- Err, turns out I grabbed the temp files but now, there is not such thing as a "Minidump" folder on the hard drive...

italianman, Mar 1, 2017
  6. axe0 New Member
    If the minidump folder hasn't been generated, the BSOD process couldn't finish. That means that either the RAM has become faulty, the connection with the motherboard is bad or the hard drive is bad.

You may be able to use HDTune (preinstalled program) and check the health of the hard drive.

axe0, Mar 1, 2017
  7. The hard drive health is good for now, it appears.

I think something is seriously messed up. After trying more and more commands in the prompt, nothing is working. Ultimately, I decided to "Reset the PC" to make things easier. Well, they aren't. I have this now "Reset this PC. The drive where Windows is installed is locked. Unlock the drive and try again."
    What? Is this a BIOS issue, complete corruption of the drive, what could it be now?

italianman, Mar 2, 2017
  8. axe0 New Member

BSOD Error Code 0xc000021a after attempting to install updates [​IMG]
    Diagnostic Test
    RAM TEST

Run MemTest86+ - Test RAM - Windows 10 Forums

Note

MemTest86+ needs to be run for at least 8 complete passes for conclusive results. Set it running before you go to bed and leave it overnight. We're looking for zero errors here. Even a single error will indicate RAM failure.

Make a photo of the result and post it.

Addition:
    If errors show up you can stop the test, remove all sticks but 1 and test this single stick in each slot for 8 passes or until errors show, switch sticks and repeat.
    If errors show up and you see them a lot later, no problem, the errors don't affect the test.

axe0, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. BSOD Error Code 0xc000021a after attempting to install updates - Similar Threads - BSOD Error Code

2. BSOD with Error Code 0xc000021a

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD with Error Code 0xc000021a: Hello, I want to ask something, my laptop suddenly being BSOD when i turned it on, i cant enter recovery mode or something like that in this laptop, any suggestion?...
  3. BSOD with Error Code 0xc000021a

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD with Error Code 0xc000021a: Hello, I want to ask something, my laptop suddenly being BSOD when i turned it on, i cant enter recovery mode or something like that in this laptop, any suggestion?...
  4. BSOD - Error Code 0xc000021a

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD - Error Code 0xc000021a: Over the past couple of weeks, my computer has been bluescreening with the error code "0xc000021a" each time. At first I thought it was something that could be fixed with a simple hard reset of my computer, but unfortunately, it later bluescreened again. It seems that each...
  5. error code 0xc000021a

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    error code 0xc000021a: blue screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-code-0xc000021a/143e64ac-90be-42e6-bdea-dd34c1495634
  6. error code 0xc000021a

error code 0xc000021a: blue screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-code-0xc000021a/2e7c2b77-6bd6-4e61-aa02-19f2694bfff1
  7. error code 0xc000021a

error code 0xc000021a: blue screeen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-code-0xc000021a/7c907a5b-6e8c-4a6f-912b-2ccfed7c15be
  8. BSoD 0xc000021a boot error code

BSoD 0xc000021a boot error code: Recently on November 12 2019 I turned on my computer and it started just fine but then only a half hour after turning it on my computer suddenly went to the BSoD with the error code 0xc000021a and now it is stuck on this bsod I've tried all the recovery options it gives you...
  9. Error code 0xc000021a

Error code 0xc000021a: Hello, I recently built a PC and when I tried to install Windows 10 for the first time I got the error 0xc000021a. I have tried a few solutions but none seem to work....
  10. BSOD Error code 0xc000021a after clean install Win 10 x32

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD Error code 0xc000021a after clean install Win 10 x32: Hi. I helped my friend install windows 10 on his desktop pc. but after installation, it wont boot, rather showing bsod error 0xc000021a, we have tried reinstalling for a couple of times, but the error persisted. BTW, the previous os was windows 7. We deleted the previous OS's...
Tags: