Windows 10: BSOD errors when I installed new cpu + gpu

Discus and support BSOD errors when I installed new cpu + gpu in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Recently I have installed a new gpu and cpu which is the gtx 1050ti and the athlon x4 880k. I downloaded the drivers and such and it was somewhat... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by duderox123, Jan 22, 2017.

1. BSOD errors when I installed new cpu + gpu

Recently I have installed a new gpu and cpu which is the gtx 1050ti and the athlon x4 880k.

I downloaded the drivers and such and it was somewhat fine although im now getting BSOD'D

I'm getting ones such as:

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
    Kernal_Security_Check_Failure
    APC_INDEX_MISMATCH ( I havent seen this BSOD in a couple of days)
    I used driver verifier and it came up with a BSOD with a "aswvmm.sys"

Also been having memory issues as the usage is always at 50%
    and my cpu usage has been hopping around and not settling at one point but I think its normal (cpu not memory)

I ran memcheck and it said it had no errors

Attachment 118182

:)

duderox123, Jan 22, 2017
  2. BossDweeb Win User

High CPU Usage

Well Chrome is certainly going to town. Do you have any add-ons installed that may be using this much cpu ?

System and Explorer are too, but I don't know what would cause that.

I'm probably jumping ahead a bit (but you have done so many other tests/fix attempts), but have you downloaded anything

from a torrent or similar site, or opened an email from an unknown source recently ?If so, know that some of these sites have started installing data miners/malware on peoples machines. High cpu use is the result when this has happened.

- Are you updated to Win10 v1709 ?

- Your graphics processor driver is installed and functioning properly now ?

If so I doubt the gpu driver is, or was the cause of your BSOD's .

The image you posted shows no evidence the gpu driver is using your cpu. How much cpu use do you see if you open your gpu's

Control Panel (My Nvidia Control Panel briefly hits around 9% cpu use when opening) ?

- Also, doing simple things like trying to open a folder does not involve the gpu driver.

Installing/reinstalling the gpu driver is very rarely a solution for BSOD which involves the graphics processor, with the

uncommon exception the driver has been corrupted (which is actually a bit more common these days when Win10

does one of it's version/feature updates).

Error's that point to the gpu driver after a crash are often not accurate. The main reason for this is the gpu driver

is often the last thing to go down in a series of events that leads to a crash, so Windows points the finger at the gpu driver.

BossDweeb, Jan 22, 2017
  3. Windows 10 - BSOD: KMOD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED

PC Rebuild, included new motherboard, AMD CPU, G-Skill RAM, AMD GPU.

Got BSOD after rebuild, clean install of Windows 10.

Keep getting BSOD, error is the KMOD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED

Browsed through some other questions in the community boards of the same thing, ran driver verifier tool. FNETHYRAMAS.SYS is the offending driver.

Minidump file uploaded to OneDrive here: 090617-7468-01.dmp

Any help is appreciated.

-Matt

Matt-G-Rod, Jan 22, 2017
  4. philc43 Win User

BSOD errors when I installed new cpu + gpu

Hello and welcome to TenForums *Smile

Please have a go at reinstalling the graphics driver.
    Code: fffff801`06e18448 fffff805`256eeaf1Unable to load image \SystemRoot\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_dispi.inf_amd64_3f929cc119e3b994\nvlddmkm.sys, Win32 error 0n2 *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvlddmkm.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for nvlddmkm.sys nvlddmkm+0x1ceaf1[/quote] The best way to do this is to uninstall everything of Nvidia using Display Driver Uninstaller and install new drivers from your Graphics card manufacturer or from the NVidia website. When you do this be sure the "clean install" box is checked and only install the Graphics driver and the PhysX driver.

Note: the aswvmm.sys driver is part of your AVAST software. You could uninstall this to see if makes a difference and use Windows Defender instead.

philc43, Jan 22, 2017
  5. Is the graphics card driver causing all of this or is there any more problems?

Edit:
    I have reinstalled the drivers and only installed the drivers and the phys.

Also checked clean install.

I dont know if this fixed it but we would have to wait

duderox123, Jan 22, 2017
  6. I just got a BSOD saying
    "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL"

Here is the updated minidump.

Also I keep hearing random window error/admin sounds and I don't know why.

Attachment 118202

duderox123, Jan 22, 2017
  7. philc43 Win User
    It may be one of the contributing factors but your most recent BSOD does not point to the graphics driver.

I'm beginning to suspect there may be software causing problems if you are getting background sounds. Running with a clean boot will eliminate many of the software elements and allow you to add components back one by one until you find the culprit.

Certainly uninstall AVAST as I suggested earlier.

philc43, Jan 22, 2017
  8. BSOD errors when I installed new cpu + gpu

I have replaced avast with bitdefender and at the moment all I am getting is nothing but bouncing cpu usage and high memory.

duderox123, Jan 22, 2017
  9. philc43 Win User
    I recommended Windows Defender not Bit defender.

philc43, Jan 22, 2017
  10. Is that enough though as I feel naked without an antivirus

duderox123, Jan 22, 2017
  11. philc43 Win User
    Yes it is perfectly good enough, it's all I and many others on TenForums use.

philc43, Jan 22, 2017
  12. If I dont get another BSOD in a couple of days, I will know that this problem is fixed

Thanks for the help.

duderox123, Jan 22, 2017
  13. BSOD errors when I installed new cpu + gpu

I received another BSOD
    the other minidump files went missing but I have the latest one:
    Attachment 118251

duderox123, Jan 22, 2017
  14. philc43 Win User
    Are you running CCleaner? It is probably set up to remove minidump files. Either change these settings or remove it while trying to troubleshoot.

philc43, Jan 22, 2017
  15. I exited out of it and have you found out the cause of the BSOD on the attachment?

duderox123, Jan 22, 2017
Thema:

BSOD errors when I installed new cpu + gpu

1. BSOD errors when I installed new cpu + gpu - Similar Threads - BSOD errors installed

2. BSOD after installing new cpu

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD after installing new cpu: So after instaling new cpu and m2 drive frequent BSOD startet appearing right after booting up the pc there were about 4 different ones most of the time it said MACHINE CHECK EXCEPTIONS but also the others that i have saved are CLOCK WATCHDOG. TIMEOUT, KERNEL SECURITY CHECH...
  3. BSOD after installing new cpu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD after installing new cpu: So after instaling new cpu and m2 drive frequent BSOD startet appearing right after booting up the pc there were about 4 different ones most of the time it said MACHINE CHECK EXCEPTIONS but also the others that i have saved are CLOCK WATCHDOG. TIMEOUT, KERNEL SECURITY CHECH...
  4. BSOD after installing new CPU

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD after installing new CPU: I've been getting a blue screen with service system exception periodically after installing a new CPU, any assistance with understanding the problem would be appreciated.I've updated my system BIOS and the chipset driver for my mobo, but it still randomly crashed after a...
  5. BSOD after installing new CPU

BSOD after installing new CPU: I've been getting a blue screen with service system exception periodically after installing a new CPU, any assistance with understanding the problem would be appreciated.I've updated my system BIOS and the chipset driver for my mobo, but it still randomly crashed after a...
  6. BSOD after installing new CPU

7. BSOD after install of new CPU

BSOD after install of new CPU: Hello, I recently installed a new CPU, after doing so I was excited to play games with better performance.Before buying the CPU I made sure I checked that everything should be compatible and it was, I bought it as a prebuilt and went on the “Upgrade your PC and picked it from...
  8. BSOD after install of new CPU

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD after install of new CPU: Hello, I recently installed a new CPU, after doing so I was excited to play games with better performance.Before buying the CPU I made sure I checked that everything should be compatible and it was, I bought it as a prebuilt and went on the “Upgrade your PC and picked it from...
  9. BSOD after installation of new cpu

BSOD after installation of new cpu: I recently purchased a Ryzen 5 3600 to replace my Ryzen 3 1200 and I updated my BIOS to version F50a on my GA-X370 Gaming K5 motherboard but after I'd installed the new cpu my system went into a series of error messages*KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED*KERNEL SECURITY CHECK...
  10. BSOD After Installing New GPU

BSOD After Installing New GPU: Switched from Nvidia GPU to AMD. Ran DDU to clear drivers before installing new GPU. Now getting BSOD every 15-30 minutes. Never had BSOD on this machine before. No issue reinstalling Win if I need to, just want to make sure it's not an issue with the new GPU. Win10 v1909 OS...