Windows 10: BSOD every 4 hours (critical process died, memory management etc)

Discus and support BSOD every 4 hours (critical process died, memory management etc) in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi. Bought a laptop in may. And as soon as i started to use it kept BSODing once a day at least. After i reinstalled Win10 it stopped for a while... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by killgooda, Sep 29, 2017.

1. killgooda Win User

BSOD every 4 hours (critical process died, memory management etc)

Hi.

Bought a laptop in may. And as soon as i started to use it kept BSODing once a day at least. After i reinstalled Win10 it stopped for a while and i thought its over. But it still happens (especially if laptop stays idle for a hour or so). I checked everything with MemoryTest already and checked my SSD and HDD with crystall disk info. Nothing is wrong there (even looked inside of laptop and everything seems fine to me).

I give up on solving this myself since it BSODs every day at least 3 to 4 times a day which is unbearable (have no other laptop to work on though). Thanks in advance.

:)

killgooda, Sep 29, 2017

2. Recurring BSOD critical process died with KB4088776

I have this same problem. BSOD 2-3 times every hour and a stop code saying critical process died. Microsoft should be ashamed. This is a serious problem affecting thousands of their customers and they don't seem to care.

ES Cummings, Sep 29, 2017
  3. CircleTwo Win User
    BSOD : UNEXPECTED STORE EXCEPTION - CRITICAL PROCESS DIED - MEMORY MANAGEMENT

On my 3rd BSOD - happens about every week or two

Windows 10 - Surface Pro 2017 (had for about 2 months)

1. UNEXPECTED STORE EXCEPTION

2. CRITICAL PROCESS DIED

3. MEMORY MANAGEMENT

I am trying all the recommended fixes. Should I try to replace the entire Surface Pro?

CircleTwo, Sep 29, 2017
  4. philc43 Win User

philc43, Sep 29, 2017
  5. zbook New Member
    zbook, Sep 30, 2017
  6. killgooda Win User
    Hello. Thank you for responses.

I did everything according to instructions to configure windows to make dumps but i dont know why it just doesnt create any even after 3 BSODs. I checked through cmdpromt and it says that it should make minidumps but there is nothing windows/dumps folder.

BSOD every 4 hours (critical process died, memory management etc) [​IMG]

killgooda, Sep 30, 2017
  7. zbook New Member
    1) Open device manager > click view > show hidden devices > for all yellow triangles or yellow chips please expand > for any item that has a yellow triangle with a black exclamation > post an image into the thread.

2) Then right click on any item with a yellow triangle > left click properties > left click driver > post an image into the thread
    and left click details > post an image into the thread.

3) In the left lower corner search type system > on the left pane click advanced system settings > in startup and recovery click settings > un-check automatically restart, change write debugging information to automatic memory dump, and make sure that dump file is %SystemRoot%\MEMORY.DMP > post an image into the thread with the updated settings

4) Download and install Whocrashed
    5) Above analyze click tools > crash dump test > type: ACCEPT
    6) Click analyze > post the results into the thread
    7) Post and updated zip into the thread after the above whocrashed steps:
    BSOD - Posting Instructions - Windows 10 Forums

8) open administrative command prompt and type or copy and paste:
    9) sfc /scannow
    10) dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
    11) chkdsk /scan
    12) When these have completed > right click on the top bar or title bar of the administrative command prompt box > left click on edit then select all > right click on the top bar again > left click on edit then copy > paste into the thread

zbook, Sep 30, 2017
  8. killgooda Win User

1 - 2) There are no yellow signs with exclamation on any of listed things.
    3) Done

BSOD every 4 hours (critical process died, memory management etc) [​IMG]

4 - 6) Done

On Sat 9/30/2017 2:58:56 PM your computer crashed
    crash dump file: C:\Windows\memory.dmp
    This was probably caused by the following module: Unknown (0xFFFF910D339D8640)
    Bugcheck code: 0xEF (0xFFFF910D339D8640, 0x0, 0x0, 0x0)
    Error: CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED
    Bug check description: This indicates that a critical system process died.
    There is a possibility this problem was caused by a virus or other malware.
    A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error.
    Google query: CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED

7) Sure
    8 to 12) Done. Had problem with dism/online/cleanup-image/restorehealth command (error 87).

Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.15063](c) 2017 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.C:\Windows\system32>sfc/scannowBeginning system scan. This process will take some time.Beginning verification phase of system scan.Verification 100% complete.Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.C:\Windows\system32>dism/online/cleanup-image/restorehealthDeployment Image Servicing and Management toolVersion: 10.0.15063.0Error: 87The online/cleanup-image/restorehealth option is unknown.For more information, refer to the help by running DISM.exe /?.The DISM log file can be found at C:\Windows\Logs\DISM\dism.logC:\Windows\system32>dism/online/cleanup-image/restorehealthDeployment Image Servicing and Management toolVersion: 10.0.15063.0Error: 87The online/cleanup-image/restorehealth option is unknown.For more information, refer to the help by running DISM.exe /?.The DISM log file can be found at C:\Windows\Logs\DISM\dism.logC:\Windows\system32>chkdsk/scanThe type of the file system is NTFS.Stage 1: Examining basic file system structure ... 213248 file records processed.File verification completed. 4403 large file records processed. 0 bad file records processed.Stage 2: Examining file name linkage ... 275816 index entries processed.Index verification completed. 0 unindexed files scanned. 0 unindexed files recovered to lost and found.Stage 3: Examining security descriptors ...Security descriptor verification completed. 31285 data files processed.CHKDSK is verifying Usn Journal... 39670120 USN bytes processed.Usn Journal verification completed.Windows has scanned the file system and found no problems.No further action is required. 116294877 KB total disk space. 54034216 KB in 149828 files. 110064 KB in 31286 indexes. 0 KB in bad sectors. 323541 KB in use by the system. 65536 KB occupied by the log file. 61827056 KB available on disk. 4096 bytes in each allocation unit. 29073719 total allocation units on disk. 15456764 allocation units available on disk.C:\Windows\system32>^Z

killgooda, Sep 30, 2017
  9. zbook New Member
    For the dism commands please use copy and paste as the spacing or typos can produce the error:

Open administrative command prompt and type or copy and paste:
    1) dism /online /cleanup-image /checkhealth
    2) dism /online /cleanup-image /scanhealth
    3) dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
    4) When these have completed > right click on the top bar or title bar of the administrative command prompt box > left click on edit then select all > right click on the top bar again > left click on edit then copy > paste into the thread
    5) For the startup and recovery section dump file please un-check disable automatic deletion of memory dumps when disk space is low
    6) Post and updated zip into the thread:
    BSOD - Posting Instructions - Windows 10 Forums

zbook, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. BSOD every 4 hours (critical process died, memory management etc) - Similar Threads - BSOD every hours

2. Critical Process Died - BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Critical Process Died - BSOD: Hello,There was a blackout, and upon starting my computer, I was greeted with the blue screen of death, with the only message being "Critical Process Died."I attempted all the recovery options available:Safe mode gives the same error; critical process diedchkdsk /r completed,...
  3. BSOD Critical Process Died

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD Critical Process Died: I accidently installed a new audio driver which ended up messing up my system. I did a system restore and the PC booted as normal. I shut the computer off when I went for dinner. When I returned to turn the computer back on, I got the BSOD with the critical process died. I...
  4. BSoD Critical process died

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSoD Critical process died: Hello. A month ago I ran into a problem - Windows 10, a BSoD with an Error: Critical Process Died began to appear. I decided to upgrade to Windows 11, because my laptop is made for this system. After updating to a new system, periodically again began to knock out a blue...
  5. BSoD Critical process died

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSoD Critical process died: Hello. A month ago I ran into a problem - Windows 10, a BSoD with an Error: Critical Process Died began to appear. I decided to upgrade to Windows 11, because my laptop is made for this system. After updating to a new system, periodically again began to knock out a blue...
  6. BSOD Critical Process Died

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD Critical Process Died: Hi,Since yesterday, i have been having issues with my PC. It keeps on going to a BSOD Critical Process Died. I have google this up and followed the sfc /scannow and other methods, but none work. Sometimes my pc freezes after i type in my pin, other times it lets me sign in,...
  7. Critical Process Died bsod

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Critical Process Died bsod: I am stuck in an automatic repair loop, can’t uninstall updates, can’t system restore even with restore point, I have reset bios multiple times, no system image recovery, multiple different scans yet no problem found, no idea what is wrong with pc and not even being able to...
  8. Critical Process Died bsod

Critical Process Died bsod: I am stuck in an automatic repair loop, can’t uninstall updates, can’t system restore even with restore point, I have reset bios multiple times, no system image recovery, multiple different scans yet no problem found, no idea what is wrong with pc and not even being able to...
  9. BSOD - Critical Process Died

BSOD - Critical Process Died: Hi, could anyone check on my BSOD logs? I get the feeling it might be a hardware issue as I have reinstalled OS multiple times already and it still occurs. Thanks! BSOD sometimes shows CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED. Though I do notice sometimes it showed UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION....
  10. BSOD almost every hour, CRITICAL PROCESS DIED

BSOD almost every hour, CRITICAL PROCESS DIED: This is getting very old, BSOD without warning, critical process died message, and reboots after collecting error information. I don't know what to do to fix it. Started after upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 8. 25148