Windows 10: BSOD Every few days. Usually SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION.

Discus and support BSOD Every few days. Usually SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello! I've been having blue screens for a long time now. I've even had them on Windows 7. I can not really replicate the problem and I am not sure... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Gaklord, Oct 11, 2015.

1. Gaklord Win User

BSOD Every few days. Usually SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION.

Hello! I've been having blue screens for a long time now. I've even had them on Windows 7. I can not really replicate the problem and I am not sure what causes it. Most of the time it happens when I am watching YouTube or Twitch, but the most recent one happened when playing the new Star Wars: Battlefront Beta. The BSOD seems to happen around twice a week and sometimes it will be nonexistent for a little while. I am getting concerned and would like to fix it! Thanks for any help and insight you can give me!

Specs:
    CPU: AMD FX-8350
    Graphics: XFX Radeon HD 7870 Double Dissapation Edition
    HDD: 1 TB Seagate (I think)
    RAM: 8 GB, 1 stick, Corsair XMS3 DDR3
    Motherboard: ASUS M5A97 LE R2.0
    DM Log File: Attachment 42450

:)

Gaklord, Oct 11, 2015
  2. Cassieman Win User

BSOD - PC keeps crashing

Hello,

For the last month I've been getting alot of BSODs when I'm gaming (CS:GO, Dota 2 and Overwatch). Every time I have a BSOD and the PC reboots, I usually get another BSOD with a different error. The first one is usually 'System_Service_Exception'. The other
    ones vary. It would be great if someone could read the dump files and tell me where the problem is.

Here's the link to the zip file:

CrashInfo.zip

Thanks in advance!

Cassieman, Oct 11, 2015
  3. BSOD every few days

You are very welcome.

Over-clocking will always make it harder to troubleshoot problems even though those might not be directly related to the OC. And if the added heat from OC is not properly handled that can cause hardware damage. And OC at some level will cause instability.

Rob - SpiritX

SpiritX MS MVP, Oct 11, 2015
  4. axe0 New Member

Hi Gaklord,

Welcome to the 10forums.

Please remove MSI Afterburner, this software is known for causing BSOD's.

Daemon tools, Alcohol 120% and Power Archiver Pro uses SCSI Pass Through Direct (SPTD), which is a well known cause for BSOD's.
    Please remove Daemon Tools and run the SPTD pass through remover.

• Uninstall Daemon Tools
    • Download the SPTD standalone installer and follow these steps:
      • Double click the executable to open it
      • Click on the button shown below

BSOD Every few days. Usually SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION. [​IMG]

If the button is grayed out, like in the image, there is no more SPTD installation on your system, and you can close the window.

Have you tried a clean install after upgrading?

5. Gaklord Win User
    Thanks for your help! I have removed MSI Afterburner and Daemon Tools and it says that I do not have any SPTD installed on my computer any longer. I didn't do a clean install after upgrading but rather transferred all of my old files over. Hopefully I won't see any more bluescreens! Again, thank you so much!

Gaklord, Oct 12, 2015
  6. axe0 New Member
    Actually, I think there are bugs from the upgrade involved/causing it.

7. Gaklord Win User
    I've had the same bluescreens in Windows 7 about as frequently. It makes sense that these programs could be causing my bluescreens because I believe I had started getting them around the time I installed those programs.

Gaklord, Oct 12, 2015
  8. axe0 New Member

Alright *Smile
    If you still get BSOD's after removing the programs, please run the tool again and upload the zip file

9. Gaklord Win User
    Unfortunately, I had another blue screen. :/ Here's the files. Attachment 42911

Gaklord, Oct 14, 2015
  10. axe0 New Member
    Please remove / disable items from the startup in taskmanager
    These programs could interfere with the boot process giving you trouble and increase the boot time.

BSOD Every few days. Usually SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION. [​IMG]
    Warning Programs that claim to update your drivers install either the wrong or corrupted drivers.
    If you have installed any driver with Driver Max, please remove them as it may cause trouble.

Bitdefender's main active protection process is active at the time of the crashes.
    Please uninstall Bitdefender using the appropriate uninstall tool you can find here
    Code: CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1 DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: WIN8_DRIVER_FAULT BUGCHECK_STR: 0x3B PROCESS_NAME: vsserv.exe CURRENT_IRQL: 2 ANALYSIS_VERSION: 6.3.9600.17336 (debuggers(dbg).150226-1500) amd64fre LAST_CONTROL_TRANSFER: from fffff801707d616e to fffff801706adb04[/quote]

11. Gaklord Win User
    Bitdefender is my antivirus software and removing it seems sort of dangerous, plus I've paid a nice amount of money for it. If I do a clean install of the program would that fix anything or should I just completely remove it?

Gaklord, Oct 15, 2015
  12. axe0 New Member
    A re-installation may help.
    My guess is that you haven't removed it before the upgrade? If so then there is a great chance that a clean installation of Bitdefender helps.

13. Gaklord Win User

Yeah, I did not do a clean installation before upgrading it. I will get back to you within the next few days to see if reinstalling it completely helps.

Gaklord, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. BSOD Every few days. Usually SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION. - Similar Threads - BSOD Every few

2. Every few days BSOD: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION ntoskrnl.exe

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Every few days BSOD: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION ntoskrnl.exe: So my new PC seemed to "restart" every few days. I just realized those are BSODs.So every 1-7 days the computer BSODs.Windows 10.I've attached the information, please let me know if there is something missing.https://ufile.io/zpld5krm Includes the 4 BSODs that...
  3. Every few days BSOD: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION ntoskrnl.exe

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Every few days BSOD: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION ntoskrnl.exe: So my new PC seemed to "restart" every few days. I just realized those are BSODs.So every 1-7 days the computer BSODs.Windows 10.I've attached the information, please let me know if there is something missing.https://ufile.io/zpld5krm Includes the 4 BSODs that...
  4. Every few days BSOD: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION ntoskrnl.exe

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Random BSODs every few days

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random BSODs every few days: For the past few months I've been random BSODs for seemingly no reason, the computer isn't being stressed or doing anything 'unique' at the time it happens, the BSOD errors include : 01/06/23 : PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA01/03/23 : Memory Management : WARNING: Unable to...
  6. Random BSODs every few days

Random BSODs every few days: For the past few months I've been random BSODs for seemingly no reason, the computer isn't being stressed or doing anything 'unique' at the time it happens, the BSOD errors include : 01/06/23 : PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA01/03/23 : Memory Management : WARNING: Unable to...
  7. Random BSODs every few days

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Getting BSODs Every Few Days

Getting BSODs Every Few Days: Hi, For the past 6 months I have been getting the odd BSOD on Windows 10. I've updated all drivers I could think of and have run MemTest several times even overnight but my memory always passes with no errors. My hardware: CPU: Ryzen 3700X Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus...
  9. BSODs Every Few Days

BSODs Every Few Days: Hello, I recently upgraded my PC with new mobo/gpu/cpu/ram, and have been having BSODs on and off since. They have only happened when I was away from the computer, so I didn't realize they were happening until one occurred while my wife was using Autodesk Revit. She has...
  10. Various BSODs every few days

Various BSODs every few days: Hello I have been getting random BSODs for the past couple weeks, been trying to figure it out on my own but I feel like it is time to ask for some help. Recently the BSOD had the error message KERNAL_SECURITY-CHECK-FAILURE. I rebooted with Driver Verifier and got the...