Windows 10: BSOD every few hours or few days - very random

Discus and support BSOD every few hours or few days - very random in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I added a new video card so I could add a new 4K Dell P2715Q monitor with my current Dell 2407 WFP. The card is a PNY nVidia quadro k620. When I added... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by stonerobertc, Sep 3, 2015.

1. BSOD every few hours or few days - very random

I added a new video card so I could add a new 4K Dell P2715Q monitor with my current Dell 2407 WFP. The card is a PNY nVidia quadro k620. When I added them I still had Windows 7. Started getting random BSOD with various reasons indicated such as "driver IRQL not less or equal" "page faut in nonpaged area" "interrupt exception not handled". There was no minidump file with Windows 7 that I could find. Made sure all drivers were the latest. Still problems. Upgraded to Windows 10 (including drivers) and still having problems, but started getting mimidump files which are attached. When it works, it works great. But it still gives a BSOD every few hours or days and reboots. Help would be appreciated. I am reasonably tech savvy for a non-tech professional, but I cannot figure out what is wrong.

Attachment 35545

:)

stonerobertc, Sep 3, 2015

2. BSOD every few days

Did you also check with Logitech Support and Forums to ask if this is a known issue.

Check that you also have the latest chipset drivers as well as the BIOS.

You could let it run the memory tests at night.

Also:

Troubleshoot blue screen errors <-- read this link

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-blue-screen-errors

Please do let us know the results and we are here to help if needed.

Rob - SpiritX

SpiritX MS MVP, Sep 3, 2015
  3. Voric Win User
    BSOD every few days

I am not yet sure if the problem is fixed.

I have not had errors since I posted the question but it can take more than a week to get one.

So far I've reinstalled cleanly the nvidia drivers a few times and I've kept the driver up to date for the past year so I doubt this is the problem.

The BIOS was updated a couple of weeks ago with the latest version and I reinstalled the Logitech software a day ago.

On the weekend I will reinstall all the other drivers, reseat the hardware and run driver verifier again.

Voric, Sep 3, 2015
  4. andyjTEN Win User

BSOD every few hours or few days - very random

353.82 driver was released 8-12-15. They are still working on drivers. A new one should be out soon, some came out last week.
    Try setting screen resolution to 1024x768 and use a screen saver. Update Windows, Reboot. Look at your update history (in advanced section of update/settings) to make sue you have the last three cumulative patches..kb3081452 ect
    Consider OpenHardware Monitor (free ) to confirm no overheating and power voltages are within 5% of spec..ie 5% of 12v, 5% or 3v ect. Check mfg site for any new drivers.

andyjTEN, Sep 3, 2015
  5. andyjTEN Win User
    Right click Start, go to disk management, check your hard drive for errors and let if fix any errors. Look at Device Manager for any errors, and look at Event Viewer (Windows Logs, system) for any errors.

andyjTEN, Sep 3, 2015
  6. andyjTEN Win User
    Right click Start, go to disk management, check your hard drive for errors and let if fix any errors. Look at Device Manager for any errors, and look at Event Viewer (Windows Logs, system) for any errors.

Also check your memory for errors. I7 is a good cpu, but they run hot, so any excess dust,lint on the heatsink is a problem. You must know your cpu temp.

andyjTEN, Sep 3, 2015
  7. axe0 New Member
    Hi stonerobertc,

Welcome to the 10forums.

I have taken a look at the latest dump files and there are a few things to try.

Below are a few drivers that have been flagged, please update them with windows 10 compatible drivers
    Nvidia Video driver: update link
    Code: 0: kd> lmvm nvlddmkmstart end module name fffff800`9da70000 fffff800`9e558000 nvlddmkm (deferred) Image path: nvlddmkm.sys Image name: nvlddmkm.sys Timestamp: Fri Aug 07 01:16:04 2015 (55C3EAB4) CheckSum: 00AB125E ImageSize: 00AE8000 Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4[/quote] Realtek 8167 Ethernet NIC: update link
    Code: 0: kd> lmvm Rt64win7start end module name fffff800`9d500000 fffff800`9d5c7000 Rt64win7 T (no symbols) Loaded symbol image file: Rt64win7.sys Image path: Rt64win7.sys Image name: Rt64win7.sys Timestamp: Wed Dec 26 18:17:50 2012 (50DB313E) CheckSum: 000CDEEE ImageSize: 000C7000 Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4[/quote] Intel Rapid Storage Technology driver: update link
    If you're not using RAID please disable the service
    How to disable this service:

• Search services.msc and open it
    • Search IRST and right click the service
    • Click properties
    • Change the startup type to manually
    • Done
    Code: 0: kd> lmvm iaStorAstart end module name fffff800`9ae10000 fffff800`9b0dd000 iaStorA T (no symbols) Loaded symbol image file: iaStorA.sys Image path: iaStorA.sys Image name: iaStorA.sys Timestamp: Mon Jan 14 19:00:27 2013 (50F447BB) CheckSum: 000A2FE2 ImageSize: 002CD000 Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4[/quote]
    After you have updated the drivers, please do the following tests

BSOD every few hours or few days - very random [​IMG]
    Diagnostic Test
    DRIVER VERIFIER

Warning Please make a backup of your important files and get your rescue media or create one.
    Please create a restore point.
    Please read and run driver verifier.

Some windows drivers are blamed in a few crashes, but that usually means that a 3rd party driver is actually the cause.
    Driver verifier stresses your drivers and will crash your pc if any driver fails due to a violation.

Driver verifier should be performed for a max of 48 hours, or when you have a bluescreen, whatever comes first.

If driver verifier has found a violation and you can't get back into windows normally, try to boot into safe mode and reset in safe mode driver verifier, or in the troubleshooting options open command prompt and type verifier /reset.

Note Your system will act very sluggishly while driver verifier is enabled, this is normal as your drivers will be being subjected to heavy testing in order to make them crash.

Diagnostic Test
    RAM TEST

Run MemTest86+ - Test RAM - Windows 10 Forums

Note

MemTest86+ needs to be run for at least 8 passes for conclusive results. Set it running before you go to bed and leave it overnight. We're looking for zero errors here. Even a single error will indicate RAM failure.

Please fill in your system specsPlease go to this site and download the tool. The tool will give you detailed information about your system specs, please fill in your system specs more completely.How to fill in your system specs:

axe0, Sep 3, 2015
  8. BSOD every few hours or few days - very random

Thanks for the responses. The nvidia driver was already updated. I updated the NIC driver and disabled IRST. Ran driver verifier and it crashed after about 20 hours (overnight while not in use). I had already run a memory test. Attached is the latest dump info. I am beginning to conclude there is a problem with the nvidia driver. Things were fine under W7 before I added new video card and 4k monitor with the monitor I had. I was getting BSOD under W7 with the new video equipment. I thought maybe changing to W10 would cure it. It did not. Any new thoughts based on latest dump files. It seems to crash every 12-24 hours. In between crashes everything works great. I see from comments on the web that nvidia has released a new driver since I started this process. However, it does not appear on the nvidia download site as an ODE driver when I plug in my details to search for a driver. Rather, it is still showing as a QNF driver. Not sure I understand the significance of that distinction. One download site (not nvidia) says it is an ODE driver. I am considering loaded this newest driver. Any thoughts or help would be appreciated. I love the dual monitor setup (I primarily use Lightroom and Photoshop) and would love to make it stable. Attachment 36280

stonerobertc, Sep 6, 2015
  9. axe0 New Member
    What memory test did you run? Built-in?

axe0, Sep 6, 2015
  10. axe0 New Member
    Latest dump file is pointing to memory corruption

Please run MemTest86+

Diagnostic Test
    RAM TEST

Run MemTest86+ - Test RAM - Windows 10 Forums

Note

MemTest86+ needs to be run for at least 8 passes for conclusive results. Set it running before you go to bed and leave it overnight. We're looking for zero errors here. Even a single error will indicate RAM failure.

11. Thanks. I believe it was the built in test. It was not MemTest86. I will run that one and see what it says.

stonerobertc, Sep 6, 2015
  12. axe0 New Member
    MemTest86+ is better then the built-in for varies of reasons.
    That's why we recommend to use MemTest86+ when it comes to the memory.

13. BSOD every few hours or few days - very random

The memory test just completed 8 passes with no errors. It took over 19 hours. Any idea about the significance of the designation of the nvidia drivers as ODE or QNF? Nvidia site "recommends" for my card driver 353.82, but the latest is 355.85, which is designated QNF. Additional thoughts on what I should try next?

stonerobertc, Sep 7, 2015
  14. axe0 New Member
    Try the driver that Nvidia suggests.

15. If I plug in my video card details on the nvidia website to see what is the latest "certified/recommended" driver, it gives m 353.82, which is what I have loaded. It was released in early August 2015 and is designated ODE for "Optimal Drivers for Enterprise". There is a newer one that is 355.85 (9/3/2015 release) and it is designated QNF for "Quadro New Feature" driver. It is not a beta but almost appears to be somewhere in between beta and certified. The one they tell you to use depends on what category you tell it to search for. My inclination is to load the most recent 355.85 QNF driver and see what happens. I can always revert back to the current one. Agree?

stonerobertc, Sep 7, 2015
Thema:

BSOD every few hours or few days - very random

1. BSOD every few hours or few days - very random - Similar Threads - BSOD every few

2. Random BSOD every few hours

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random BSOD every few hours: My computer crashes intermittently even if I'm not there doing anything and it's asleep every once in a while, I don't know what's causing it. The error code reads 139, so following instructions I found on here and used the Driver Verifier, crashing as a result of it, then...
  3. Random BSOD every few hours

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random BSOD every few hours: My computer crashes intermittently even if I'm not there doing anything and it's asleep every once in a while, I don't know what's causing it. The error code reads 139, so following instructions I found on here and used the Driver Verifier, crashing as a result of it, then...
  4. Getting BSOD randomly after few days or hours.

Getting BSOD randomly after few days or hours.: I randomly get BSOD in few days and even few hours of keeping on my computer this issue has started most probably after a powercut but i installed new Windows just 2 days before because of the same problem it happens randomly and my system works fine for some hours like today...
  5. Random BSODs every few days

Random BSODs every few days: For the past few months I've been random BSODs for seemingly no reason, the computer isn't being stressed or doing anything 'unique' at the time it happens, the BSOD errors include : 01/06/23 : PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA01/03/23 : Memory Management : WARNING: Unable to...
  6. Random BSODs every few days

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random BSODs every few days: For the past few months I've been random BSODs for seemingly no reason, the computer isn't being stressed or doing anything 'unique' at the time it happens, the BSOD errors include : 01/06/23 : PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA01/03/23 : Memory Management : WARNING: Unable to...
  7. Random BSODs every few days

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. BSODs Every Few Hours

BSODs Every Few Hours: Hello, my laptop has been having various BSODs throughout this year. In a day it can restart once every two hours. The most common errors are memory management, unexpected store exception, kernel data inpage error, critical process died, bad system config info and invalid...
  9. BSODs Every Few Days

BSODs Every Few Days: Hello, I recently upgraded my PC with new mobo/gpu/cpu/ram, and have been having BSODs on and off since. They have only happened when I was away from the computer, so I didn't realize they were happening until one occurred while my wife was using Autodesk Revit. She has...
  10. BSOD every few hours

BSOD every few hours: Hello Community, i'm pretty well tech educated but i am running into some issues with a pc built for my uncle that is experiencing frequent blue screens of death. But we are having issues figuring out which hardware component or driver is failing. The Error/BSOD:...