Windows 10: BSOD - every restart - bcmlw6.sys

Discus and support BSOD - every restart - bcmlw6.sys in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; One of my laptops, recently updated to windows 10, gives a BSOD every time it is restart. The error message is system_thread_exception_not_handled... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Azucho98, Nov 10, 2015.

1. Azucho98 Win User

BSOD - every restart - bcmlw6.sys

One of my laptops, recently updated to windows 10, gives a BSOD every time it is restart. The error message is system_thread_exception_not_handled bcmlw6.sys

Any ideas on how I might fix this?

If the computer is shut down it doesn't happen - it only happens during a restart. It never happened with Windows 7.

Thanks in advance for your help!

:)

Azucho98, Nov 10, 2015
  2. N2L
    n2l Win User

igdkmd64.sys Installs itself and causes BSOD randomly. Bootcamp

igdkmd64.sys is an Intel HD video card, but the problem is that my I mac running boot camp does not have this graphics card. But for some reason, windows decides that it needs to install this card every update. For now I've disabled automatic updates. But
    still after every restart, even if I delete igdkmd64.sys from my drivers in system 32 it still randomly comes back and causes BSOD when playing games or watching online videos.

This driver does not even appear in Device Manager, but it is in my drivers folder every time I BSOD.

How can I make this driver disappear forever? Please consider that I am running Boot Camp.

3. bobchabot Win User
    cortana keeps crashing when i push the mic button

I ran SFC like 4 times same results every time and cortana freezes after like 6 voice commands after boot up after I logout and back in it works for about 2 more voice commands and I also have a prob with a sys file that keeps making windows 10 BSOD and
    that sys file is netwlv64.sys

bobchabot, Nov 10, 2015
  4. axe0 New Member

Hi Azucho98,

Welcome to the 10forums.

I recommend to update your BIOS
    Code: BIOS Version: Hewlett-Packard F.22 , 3/23/2006[/quote] Z97-DELUXE | Moederbord | ASUS Nederland

Attachment 47601

The broadcom driver has been flagged
    Update link: Driver Reference Table - bcmwl6.sys
    Code: *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for bcmwl6.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for bcmwl6.sys kd> lmvm bcmwl6 start end module name 8f0b0000 8f4c5000 bcmwl6 T (no symbols) Loaded symbol image file: bcmwl6.sys Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\bcmwl6.sys Image name: bcmwl6.sys Timestamp: Tue Mar 26 07:06:03 2013 (51513ACB) CheckSum: 00416752 ImageSize: 00415000 Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4[/quote] Please fill in your system specsPlease follow this tutorial and download the tool. The tool will give you detailed information about your system specs, please fill in your system specs more completely.How to fill in your system specs:

BSOD - every restart - bcmlw6.sys [​IMG]

BSOD - every restart - bcmlw6.sys [​IMG]

5. JW0914 Win User
    More likely than not due to your wireless drivers... especially if using a broadcom/dell wireless card, as they included windows 8 dll and sys files in their win 10 driver package for broadcom ac wifi cards. This resulted in BSOD loops occurring every 15 - 60 min on a system with the Windows 10 drivers installed.

If you upgraded your computers to Windows 10 and did not clean install afterwards, it's recommended to clean install as many drivers and driver installed system files from the previous OS are copied to the new Windows folder. Windows 8/8.1 drivers are not compatible with Windows 10 in any way [the only exception being CPU chipset drivers).

As axe0 mentioned in their post, the BIOS/UEFI firmware must be kept up to date and not doing so can lead to abnormal and anomalous issues. It's a good habit to get into to check for BIOS/UEFI firmware updates and driver updates once a month. BIOS/UEFI firmware updates are generally only pushed out a few times a year at most, however incorporating the check into your monthly driver check serves the purpose of two birds, one stone.
    • For users that bought their device pre-assembled from an OEM, it's as easy as checking the support site for your device.
    • For users that built their own rig, creating a bookmark folder and saving all driver pages for your hardware in it would be just as convenient. This would allow you to right click the folder and select to open all pages contained within.

Just an FYI: I personally am a bit tired of seeing post after post stating how users never had this problem or that problem with Windows 7:
    • The majority of issues most users are experiencing have zero to do with Windows 10 and everything to do with third party drivers and software. In addition, comparing the two OSes is apples to oranges.
      • It is the responsibility of the end user to ensure the third party drivers and software they install are fully compatible with Windows 10 (or any new OS they choose to upgrade to).
      • In regards to software, it's especially important to guarantee system critical software, such as Internet Security software [antivirus, malware, stateful firewalls], are fully compatible with Windows 10 prior to installing.
    • When clean installing, there is a specified order in which system drivers must be reinstalled [prior​ to running Windows Update​] and no deviations can occur for the first 5 drivers (deviations will most likely result in wonkiness occurring at some point in the future):
      • Chipset Driver
        • regardless of what OS they were built originally built for, these must always be installed, and installed first
      • IMEI & other CPU related Drivers
      • RST Drivers (if you have Integrated Graphics, RST drivers must be installed even if you don't use a RAID config)
      • Integrated Graphics Drivers (CPU)
      • Discrete Graphics Drivers (GPU)

JW0914, Nov 11, 2015
  6. axe0 New Member
    I find that too a little annoying, but they forget Windows 7 and Windows 10 are different systems.

Back on-topic: @Azucho98, please let me know how it goes *Smile

axe0, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. BSOD - every restart - bcmlw6.sys - Similar Threads - BSOD every restart

2. Wdf01000.sys BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wdf01000.sys BSOD: I was suspicous that my drivers were infected with malware, so I did some research and have read somewhere that verifying the drivers signature can validify on whether or not I have a virus.So I ran Driver Verifier and selected the option 'automatically select all drivers...
  3. BSOD and .cpuz141_x64.sys

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    BSOD and .cpuz141_x64.sys: Hi guys, Let me first start off by saying I'm not too technical when it comes to the fine details of troubleshooting. This morning I installed a Windows update, upon downloading it and signing in I BSOD'ed and was given the error message ".cpuz141_x64.sys". Every single time...
  4. BSOD and wdf01000.sys

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    BSOD and wdf01000.sys: In short. Recently i get BSOD screen and im on edge of breakdown. There is normal WhoCrashed report when i boot computer without anything. (I included minidump file below) On Mon 05.10.2020 22:28:56 your computer crashed or a problem was reported crash dump file:...
  5. BSOD (dxgmms2.sys) SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION every 10-20 min of Arma 2

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD (dxgmms2.sys) SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION every 10-20 min of Arma 2: Hi, Since 2 days I am continuously getting BSOD while playing Arma 2 every 10 - 20 minutes of gameplay. It started with latest Windows 10 update i think. I uninstalled the only 3 windows update components from Programs and Features but still BSOD wasn't resolved....
  6. BSOD L1C63x64.sys

BSOD L1C63x64.sys: Heya guys, this is my first post here *Smile. I just had like 3 or 4 BSODs in these last two days, never had any. I just updated my Atheros 8151 PCI-e driver from Network adapter->properties->update driver. I'm not sure if it is the cause, so I used the tool and attached...
  7. (Solved) igdkmd64.sys BSOD happens every single day at 3AM

(Solved) igdkmd64.sys BSOD happens every single day at 3AM: So, i've been struggling with a certain BSOD for months now. I've tried fixing it by myself over and over again to no avail, and even though i'm used to it by now, it's still a pain in the butt. So, from the beginning: it's a consistent BSOD regarding a...
  8. BSOD blaming L1C63x64.sys

BSOD blaming L1C63x64.sys: Like many others I am the victim of this, it happens more than once a day. It never happened on windows 8.1. At Toshiba's request, I have back-dated my driver to the one that Windows installs with windows 10. I am hoping this fixes the issue, if not, here's my dump 58971
  9. wdf01000.sys BSOD

wdf01000.sys BSOD: Hey, this is more of a question. My keyboard has been malfunctioning due to liquid damage, so to disable it I installed an incompatible keyboard/touchpad driver intentionally. The day after, I've been getting wdf01000.sys BSOD errors during startup, which brings me to a...
  10. BSOD tdr_failure_igdkmd64.sys

BSOD tdr_failure_igdkmd64.sys: I have been encountering this error frequently when running games, mostly World of Tanks and the World of Warships beta test. I ALWAYS get this error whenever I accidentally bump the windows key on my laptop in game. If I am at the port or garage screen with all my ships,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. bcmlw6