Windows 10: BSOD Everytime Open Dota 2, hal.dll seems causing the prob

Discus and support BSOD Everytime Open Dota 2, hal.dll seems causing the prob in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I don't know surely why this happen suddenly. I did not change or install anything before this bsod come. I test playing other games and it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by veizeir, May 6, 2017.

1. veizeir Win User

BSOD Everytime Open Dota 2, hal.dll seems causing the prob

Hello,
    I don't know surely why this happen suddenly. I did not change or install anything before this bsod come.
    I test playing other games and it seems fine. I already reset windows 10 (with keep my files option), re install steam and dota, and the bsod still come.
    this bsod ALWAYS happening when I open dota 2 (in the main menu). I'm using MSI GE62 2QF Notebook.
    heres my log:
    Attachment 133898

thanks

:)

veizeir, May 6, 2017

2. blue screen crash

when i play pubg sometimes i got bluescreen but i try to play dota 2 at the start of the game i got the same crash blue screen.

Here is the code:

MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION

bug check code: 0x0000009c

parameter 1: 00000000`00000000

parameter 2: ffffc181`3e04bd80

parameter 3: 00000000`00000000

parameter 4: 00000000`00000000

caused by driver: hal.dll

caused by adress: hal.dll+3c4e5

crash adress: ntoskrnl.exe+175430

batuhankıllıoğlu, May 6, 2017
  3. Hann_920 Win User
    BSOD when Playing DOTA 2 on my MSI GE62 Laptop Windows 10 (machine_check_exception)

I am not sure what was happening to my laptop. but everytime I plays DOTA 2, My laptop ran into a problem and restarting itself. when BSOD, I saw "machine_check_exception". please help

here the files (dmps, msinfo, speccy for my system spec): Datas.rar

Hann_920, May 6, 2017
  4. philc43 Win User

Hello,

The report shows that most of the crashes are hardware related. A number of them suggest that the CPU might be faulty so I'd advise to start with a CPU test.
    CPU TEST
    *Arrow Run Prime95 - Stress Test Your CPU - Windows 10 Forums

BSOD Everytime Open Dota 2, hal.dll seems causing the prob [​IMG]
    Warning Your CPU temperatures will rise quickly while under this stress test. Keep a keen eye on them and abort the test if overheating occurs.

philc43, May 7, 2017
  5. veizeir Win User
    done testing yesterday for 4 hours testing. no error at all.
    try using OCCT too, for 1 hour, and no error.
    im very confused what the problem is.

veizeir, May 9, 2017
  6. Hey! I've been having the exact same problem. I tested the hell out of all of my hardware, tried deep debugging, etc. Basically the debugging indicated issues that, once tested, were not the actual problem. I finally figured out a half-assed fix that will hopefully tie us over until someone over at Valve fixes this deeper issue.

Head over to your DotA 2 install location and go into game->bin->win32->dota2.exe and try running DotA like that. For some reason, the 64-bit version is giving me a BSOD, but I can get by just fine with the 32-bit version.

scottishrob13, May 11, 2017
  7. philc43 Win User
    philc43, May 21, 2017
  8. veizeir Win User

hello, sorry for late reply, i was using my computer last week. so i didnt get the notification.
    i've tried @scottishrob13, and it was helpful. the problem are magically solved. looks like it was valve fault that causing my laptop to BSOD. im glad that my laptop are not in problem.
    thanks for the response,
    problem solved.

veizeir, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. BSOD Everytime Open Dota 2, hal.dll seems causing the prob - Similar Threads - BSOD Everytime Open

2. Dota 2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dota 2: Is anyone else here having any issues running Dota 2 and getting reduced performance in comparison to Windows 8.1? I'm getting extremely low fps often to the point of it being a slide show, where I was getting a stable 40 fps in Windows 8.1. Have tried both graphics...
  3. Dota 2 Stuttering

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dota 2 Stuttering: Am I the only one experiencing stuttering in Dota 2 with Windows 10? I have the latest NVIDIA Graphics driver and I'm using GEFORCE GT 740M. 16088
  4. BSOD when clicking on Dota 2 icon

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD when clicking on Dota 2 icon: Hello I recently upgraded my Windows 8.1 to Windows 10. It's working fine despite it has a few small issues that bearly bother me. Except one. Whenever I press the icon of Dota 2 BSoD suddenly appears, my computer restarts after a decade and this happends over and over...
  5. Frequent BSOD while laying dota 2

Frequent BSOD while laying dota 2: Hello! I Frequently get BSOD when I play DOTA 2. I am just using an APU and I can play without problems sometimes. Can someone help me figure out what is wrong? Thank you in advance for the help. 77758
  6. BSOD When i play DOta 2

BSOD When i play DOta 2: During nearly every match my game would freeze and cause a machine check exception, just happends in dota, I can play other games Like GTA V without issue, but Dota. First I thought it was overheat issue cuz the temperature was at 65°, now i boosted my fans and i got 50°...
  7. BSOD after closing CS:GO or Dota 2

BSOD after closing CS:GO or Dota 2: I tried everything and anything known to man, but I still get these freezes after I close CS:GO for example. It doesn't happen every time, but once a day, it freezes and i have to hard reset the computer. I've reset my windows without keeping the files (so I believe that's...
  8. BSOD playing Dota 2 WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR

BSOD playing Dota 2 WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR: I bought this Lenovo Ideapad Y700-15ISK laptop in September, got the occasional BSoD until I updated BIOS. Today I got 4-6 of these BSODs with the WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR while trying to play Dota 2. I have previously run multiple programs, perhaps I've overworked the...
  9. BSOD playing dota 2

BSOD playing dota 2: Guys help me please... My laptop keep Bsod especially when playing dota 2 I got different BSOD everytime 1. irql_not_less_or_equal 2. system service exception dxgmms1.sys 3. dpc watchdog violation and many many more... Here is my minidump : Dropbox - minidump...
  10. BSOD While Playing dota 2

BSOD While Playing dota 2: Hi there. i've been getting this blue screen Death for couple of days , i've never experienced this before , i am using windows 10 pro 64bits, i've changed the whole windows for the BSOD but still i keep getting the blue screen while playing dota 2, any help woulAttachment...
Tags: