Windows 10: BSOD everytime

Discus and support BSOD everytime in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Ok so I am having a very strange issue. Background: so basically i just built a brand new computer, bought all the parts and built it myself and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Ali254, Dec 7, 2015.

1. Ali254 Win User

BSOD everytime

Ok so I am having a very strange issue.

Background:
    so basically i just built a brand new computer, bought all the parts and built it myself and everything seemed to be working fine, even though i installed windows 2 times (the first time i formatted harddrive because i got a BSOD so i was worried) but now i keep getting this.

Current issue:
    Everytime i shutdown my pc, and when i turn it on, it gives me a bsod most of the time its random but the regular one is kernal_security_failure and the pc restarts but then I'm able to get in. But the issue is i get likes these BSODs every time i shutdown and turn on pc and then after a restart i am able to use it.
    From what i know this doesnt happen when i restart PC.

Please help, this issue has been nagging me for the past 2-3 days.

Here are my pc specs if needed:

Motherboard: MSI Z170A Intel Skylake M5 GAMING ATX SLi/CrossFire Motherboard
    CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K 3.50GHz (Skylake) Socket LGA1151 Processor
    GPU: MSI NVIDIA GTX 970 Gaming Twin Frozr HDMI DVI-I DP Graphics Card (4GB, PCI Express, DDR5, 256 Bit)
    PSU (power supply): 750W Corsair Builder Series CX750M 80PLUS Bronze Modular Power Supply
    Heatsink: Scythe Ashura Performance CPU Air Cooler
    Harddrive: 1TB Seagate Barracuda SATA III Hard Drive
    SSD: Sandisk SSD PLUS 240 GB Sata III 2.5 inch Internal SSD upto 520 MB/s
    Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Black Pearl Midi Tower Soundproof Case
    RAM: Corsair 8GB Vengeance LPX DDR4 Red 2400 MHz Performance RAM

:)

Ali254, Dec 7, 2015
  2. Verti-con Win User

How can I hide or remove 'CD Drive' in this PC

I boot into safe mode and I got BSOD.

KERNEL_AUTO_BOOST_LOCK_ACQUISITION_WITH_RAISED_IRQL

I don't know what does it mean, but at least I get out of that error and back to normal. Everytime I go to safemode, BSOD appears

Verti-con, Dec 7, 2015
  3. Different BSOD everytime

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We would be glad to help you with the issue you are facing today. I understand the difficulty with the problem.

Method: 1

If you see the black screen only after sign-in
    and you can see a mouse cursor:

• While at the black screen, try using CTRL+SHIFT+ESC to start Task Manager.
    • Open Command prompt as admin.
    Step: 1

Run system file checker (SFC) and see if it helps. Please follow these steps:

a. Press Windows + X keys and click
    command prompt (admin).

b. Type the following command in command prompt and press Enter.

sfc /scannow

System file checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Step: 2

Run DISM tool and check the issue. Please follow these steps:

a. Press Windows + X keys and click
    command prompt (admin).

b. Type the following command in command prompt and press Enter.

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth.

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth.

Method: 2

I would suggest you to download the latest drivers for the devices installed using the Windows device driver update.

How to: Install and Update Hardware Drivers in Windows 10

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Dec 7, 2015
  4. axe0 New Member

BSOD everytime

Hi Ali254,

Welcome to the 10forums.

Does the crash occur before windows loads? Before the white dots circling

axe0, Dec 9, 2015
  5. Ali254 Win User
    basically i see my bios screen and in the middle of it,i see the circles spinning with dots for windows and then it comes up with BSOD

Ali254, Dec 9, 2015
  6. axe0 New Member
    Please check MSI for BIOS updates to see if that improves anything.

axe0, Dec 9, 2015
  7. Ali254 Win User
    so basically i should just update to the latest BIOS for my motherboard?

p.s: for these dumb questions I am not very computer literate.

Ali254, Dec 9, 2015
  8. axe0 New Member

BSOD everytime

Yes,

but to note do NOT install beta versions.
    It is never smart to run beta versions on unstable systems.

axe0, Dec 9, 2015
  9. Ali254 Win User
    Ok so I have done that I updated my BIOS from 1.10 to 1.5. Just tested it by shutting off PC and waiting a few minutes and then booting it up again and it booted upto windows so i was happy for a sec and then suddenly when i was just about to click on start menu i got a BSOD but this time it was somewhat in poorer quality maybe slightly lower resolution and it said "FAULTY_HARDWARE_CORRUPTED_PAGE"

Ali254, Dec 9, 2015
  10. axe0 New Member
    The 0x12B(FAULTY_HARDWARE_CORRUPTED_PAGE) is caused by memory hardware.
    Please try following, you have access to another pc/laptop for downloading?

BSOD everytime [​IMG]
    Diagnostic Test
    BSOD everytime [​IMG]
    RAM TEST

BSOD everytime [​IMG]
    Run MemTest86+ - Test RAM - Windows 10 Forums

BSOD everytime [​IMG]
    Note
    BSOD everytime [​IMG]

MemTest86+ needs to be run for at least 8 passes for conclusive results. Set it running before you go to bed and leave it overnight. We're looking for zero errors here. Even a single error will indicate RAM failure.

11. Ali254 Win User
    ok i will do the memtest86 but just so you know i added an update dmlog file thing to my last post so you can check that as well and i am able to use my pc perfectly fine, it just restarted. And aside from that i have had quite a few others BSODs previously as well like system_thread_exception_not_handled (something along the lines of that)

Ali254, Dec 9, 2015
  12. axe0 New Member
    Code: Probably caused by : hardware ( REGION_PAGED_OUT ) Followup: MachineOwner --------- ******************************************************************************* * * * Bugcheck Analysis * * * ******************************************************************************* FAULTY_HARDWARE_CORRUPTED_PAGE (12b) This bugcheck indicates that a single bit error was found in this page. This is a hardware memory error. Arguments: Arg1: ffffffffc00002c4, virtual address mapping the corrupted page Arg2: 000000000000020e, physical page number Arg3: 0000026b95766cb0, zero Arg4: ffffd000243de000, zero MODULE_NAME: hardware IMAGE_NAME: hardware[/quote]

13. Ali254 Win User

BSOD everytime

so what are the next steps, this means my ram is faulty, do i still need to do memtest or does this already tell us that ram is faulty. This was brand new from shop so I can get it replaced if thats what i need to do and my friend was telling me that since it is a single stick of 8GB it will give me issues compared to 2 4GB sticks.

Should i still run memtest or just go about replacing ram?

Ali254, Dec 9, 2015
  14. axe0 New Member
    It gives an indication, you need to run the test to confirm it *Smile

15. Ali254 Win User
    im trying to run the memtest 86; i followed all the instructions, ran the autoinstaller, formatted the usb and once it was bootable, i took it to the pc, i put it inside, open up bios and chose to boot from usb and al im getting is a blnking white dash on the top left nothing else. Restarted pc tried it all over again, still the same blinking white flash. what do i do? *Sad

Ali254, Dec 9, 2015
Thema:

BSOD everytime

1. BSOD everytime - Similar Threads - BSOD everytime

2. For the last month or so my windows 10 PC has been giving BSOD pretty much everytime I use...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    For the last month or so my windows 10 PC has been giving BSOD pretty much everytime I use...: The error messages I have noted down are: SERVICE_SYSTEM_EXCEPTION/FAILURE - I don't recall exactly what this one saidIQRL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUALKERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILUREKERNEL_STACK_INPAGE_ERRORWHEA UNCORRECTABLE ERRORATTEMPTED_WRITE_TO_READONLY_MEMORY The latter of these is...
  3. For the last month or so my windows 10 PC has been giving BSOD pretty much everytime I use...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    For the last month or so my windows 10 PC has been giving BSOD pretty much everytime I use...: The error messages I have noted down are: SERVICE_SYSTEM_EXCEPTION/FAILURE - I don't recall exactly what this one saidIQRL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUALKERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILUREKERNEL_STACK_INPAGE_ERRORWHEA UNCORRECTABLE ERRORATTEMPTED_WRITE_TO_READONLY_MEMORY The latter of these is...
  4. For the last month or so my windows 10 PC has been giving BSOD pretty much everytime I use...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. BSOD everytime GPU is under heavy load

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD everytime GPU is under heavy load: I built my PC around half a year ago, and it had been working perfectly fine until yesterday.My PC:i7-13700KMSI B760 Tomahawk2x32GB RAM DDR52TB SSD Gen 4RTX 4070Ti 12GB850W Gold ATX3.01440p + 1080p monitorsYesterday, I found that whenever I started Unreal Engine 5, the moment...
  6. BSOD everytime GPU is under heavy load

BSOD everytime GPU is under heavy load: I built my PC around half a year ago, and it had been working perfectly fine until yesterday.My PC:i7-13700KMSI B760 Tomahawk2x32GB RAM DDR52TB SSD Gen 4RTX 4070Ti 12GB850W Gold ATX3.01440p + 1080p monitorsYesterday, I found that whenever I started Unreal Engine 5, the moment...
  7. BSOD everytime laptop goes to sleep

BSOD everytime laptop goes to sleep: Hello everyone, I recently purchased a new laptop from Amazon, HP Victus 15 Gaming Laptop - fb1xxx I do not know how to list all the specs inside the post but here is the link to the Amazon page: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CFRVSTGL/ref=pe_830720_688440550_TE_item?th=1...
  8. BSOD everytime laptop goes to sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD everytime laptop goes to sleep: Hello everyone, I recently purchased a new laptop from Amazon, HP Victus 15 Gaming Laptop - fb1xxx I do not know how to list all the specs inside the post but here is the link to the Amazon page: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CFRVSTGL/ref=pe_830720_688440550_TE_item?th=1...
  9. Windows keeps corrupting after fresh installs. Constant BSODs, almost everytime i boot the PC.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows keeps corrupting after fresh installs. Constant BSODs, almost everytime i boot the PC.: Tried memtest, chkdsk and sfc many times. BSODs happen mostly while booting or shutting down. Frequently PC might boot, but OS is unresponsive and i can only do hard shut down from there and try to boot the PC again. When it boots, it works normally, but sometimes Blue...
  10. Windows keeps corrupting after fresh installs. Constant BSODs, almost everytime i boot the PC.

Windows keeps corrupting after fresh installs. Constant BSODs, almost everytime i boot the PC.: Tried memtest, chkdsk and sfc many times. BSODs happen mostly while booting or shutting down. Frequently PC might boot, but OS is unresponsive and i can only do hard shut down from there and try to boot the PC again. When it boots, it works normally, but sometimes Blue...