Windows 10: BSOD Following Latest Windows Update

Discus and support BSOD Following Latest Windows Update in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I'm in a bit of a pickle in that the latest Update killed my rig. I get a stop report BSOD and Windows won't even boot. Back in the day, I would have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by onefootswill, Mar 20, 2017.

1. BSOD Following Latest Windows Update

I'm in a bit of a pickle in that the latest Update killed my rig. I get a stop report BSOD and Windows won't even boot.
    Back in the day, I would have just grabbed the Windows 7 DVD, re-installed and off I go. But I don't have a Windows 10 DVD and the licence key I have is for a previous version of Windows which got upgraded to 10.

How am I meant to resolve this?

Thanks

:)

onefootswill, Mar 20, 2017

2. Bluescreen error is caused when launching a game with Project 64 2.0 or higher.

This is still an issue with latest updates. something in pj64 is causing windows 10 to bsod, compatibility mode does stop the bsod but this isnt a solution there is a flaw somewhere in windows 10.

Breadwinka, Mar 20, 2017
  3. TomJehle Win User
    BSOD

Running latest Windows 10 update and getting a repeating BSOD. hELP

TomJehle, Mar 20, 2017
  4. philc43 Win User

BSOD Following Latest Windows Update

You can still do a clean install of Windows 10 by downloading the ISO from Microsoft to create your own DVD or USB install media. Since you have already had W10 installed on your PC it has a digital rights entitlement so it will automatically activate, you simple skip entering the product key when asked to do so.

See the following: Clean Install Windows 10

If you want to try and rescue your rig rather than a clean install I can recommend the rescue disk provided by Kyhi

philc43, Mar 20, 2017
  5. Hi Phil,

The clean install worked. Activation was my biggest concern. I can live with the fact that I had to wipe my system drive. My data is not on that drive. Thanks for replying.

I'll also take a look at the rescue disk now in case this happens to me again.

Thanks again.

onefootswill, Mar 22, 2017
  6. philc43 Win User
    You are most welcome! *Smile

philc43, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

BSOD Following Latest Windows Update

1. BSOD Following Latest Windows Update - Similar Threads - BSOD Following Latest

2. No Internet connection following latest W10 update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No Internet connection following latest W10 update: I can not connect to the Internet since running the latest Windows 10 update on my Dell Laptop. It was fine for a short while but just stopped. The trouble shooter tells me that " Security or firewall settings might be blocking the connection" but I doubt it. My other devices...
  3. BSOD following KB5001330 update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD following KB5001330 update: While resetting PC, an update was automatically applied, despite my system being configured to apply only after my approval. My PC never started again, but is instead stuck in an endless BSOD loop with Stop code: "SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED". Based on the CBS.log...
  4. Problems logging in following the latest Windows Update (crosspost + repost)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Problems logging in following the latest Windows Update (crosspost + repost): submitted by /u/c00ldud3 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l57b4o/problems_logging_in_following_the_latest_windows/
  5. Problems logging in following the latest Windows Update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Problems logging in following the latest Windows Update: Following last night’s update, I cannot l login. When I try to login I have no option to put in my password and it has me sign into my Microsoft account when I try to login, and then it says something about setting up a Windows Hello pin (I already have a password) and after...
  6. TERRIBLE performance following latest Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    TERRIBLE performance following latest Windows 10 update: Excruciatingly slow response with every application. Apps hanging when opened. Operations take FOREVER to complete. Cold Boot multiple times has not solved anything. I have emptied Temp and %Temp% files. Internet extremely slow, too, though I realize this is not Windows'...
  7. Unable to create Local account in Window following latest update

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unable to create Local account in Window following latest update: [IMG] Help! Following the latest Window update I am no longer able to use my computer because it wants me to log into a microsoft account. I tried bypassing this with windows Key- Settings and creating a local account without setting up a microsoft account but it wont...
  8. Following Latest Updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Following Latest Updates: Whilst doing latest updates to win 10 i was wondering whats in store in the future as already in pipeline? Is win 10 just going to be upgrades for the foreseeable future or is there another 'new' realise in development? 144395
  9. Following Latest Updates

in Windows 10 Support
    Following Latest Updates: Whilst doing latest updates to win 10 i was wondering whats in store in the future as already in pipeline? Is win 10 just going to be upgrades for the foreseeable future or is there another 'new' realise in development? 144395
  10. Machine will not boot following latest Win10 Updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Machine will not boot following latest Win10 Updates: My son just installed the most recent updates for Win10 64 bit. Now we cannot boot the machine up at all. When power is turned on it gives the following message: [ATTACH] I've gone into the BIOS and changed the boot order to every option and nothing works. It's...