Windows 10: BSOD for some games but not others.

Discus and support BSOD for some games but not others. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Dear tenforum members, For about six months now, I have experienced crippling BSOD's while playing some games (eg supreme commander/warhammer total... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Xoran, Jun 22, 2018.

1. Xoran Win User

BSOD for some games but not others.

Dear tenforum members,

For about six months now, I have experienced crippling BSOD's while playing some games (eg supreme commander/warhammer total war/Crysis 2) but other games run completely fine at demanding settings (eg World of warcraft/europa universalis).

The crashes are sometimes preceded by stuttering, and usually occur within 10 mins of launching the game, or during the launching process itself.

I rarely have crashes when not playing a game. A notable exception is that three months ago (I already had the game crashes problems at that time) my whole machine crashed and followingly I was unable to boot windows. This led me to do a clean install of windows 10. The game crashes unfortunately persisted.

I have tried turning off antivirus/firewall.
    diskcheck, memory test, and videocard stress tests have not shown irregularities or problems.

I fear there might be a hardware problem, but (if that is true) I am in the dark on how to identify which component of my system may be the culprit. The PC is currently about 5 years old.

Your help is greatly appreciated,

Tristan

:)

Xoran, Jun 22, 2018

2. BSOD When playing games

Hi Jackson,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

Please share the information requested below:

• Does the BSOD occur while playing a particular game?
    • Is the game downloaded from Windows Store?

I suggest you to update the Graphic Card drivers by following the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X, select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters.
    • Right click on the driver and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts to update.

Refer the link below for more information:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-blue-screen-errors

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jun 22, 2018
  3. cplpro Win User
    7 different BSoD

Hey guys,

I have a serious problem. I make it as short as possible:

• system runs 100 % fine with the 10.12
    • updatet to Catalyst 11.1 -> BSoD
    • updatet to 11.1 Hotfix -> BSoD
    • rollback to 10.12 -> BSoD
    • removed ALL AMD files manually, installed 10.12 -> BSoD
    • Temps are fine
    • no sfc /scannow errors
    • no chkdsk errors
    • Prime, Furmark all fine
    • regardless what driver I install -> BSoD
    • I did no hw changes, no OC
    Here are my BSoDs I receive:
    • 0x0000010e
    • 0x1000007e
    • 0x0000007e
    • 0x0000004e
    • 0x0000003b
    • dxgmms1.sys
    • PFN_LIST_CORRUPT
    They all refer to the GPU of course ...

From now on I receive a BSoD every time I try to play a game (especially BC2 and SC II) even if I completely remove the old driver and make a clean install.
    Apparently the 11.1 damaged my system irreparable.

Any advice or info would be very much appreciated *Smile BSOD for some games but not others. :)

cplpro, Jun 22, 2018
  4. BSOD for some games but not others.

Windows 10 randomly goes to BSOD/crashing

Hi Mitchell,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

As you are facing the BSOD error while playing games, please share the information:

• Is the issue particular to a game or all games?
    • Are the games downloaded from Windows Store?
    • Do you get any error message?

I suggest you to update the Graphic card driver by following the steps provided below:

• Press Windows key + X and select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters.
    • Right click on the graphic card driver and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts to update the driver.

Also, refer the link provided below:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-blue-screen-errors

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jun 22, 2018
Thema:

BSOD for some games but not others.

1. BSOD for some games but not others. - Similar Threads - BSOD games others

2. BSOD on gaming but not others

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD on gaming but not others: Hi,I have been getting BSOD on CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED while gaming, and no issue during other times. and no issue during stress testhad tried to install the whole OS, but problem still persistswould really need help with it. and finally gotten some dumps.help is appreciated11:...
  3. BSOD on gaming but not others

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD on gaming but not others: Hi,I have been getting BSOD on CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED while gaming, and no issue during other times. and no issue during stress testhad tried to install the whole OS, but problem still persistswould really need help with it. and finally gotten some dumps.help is appreciated11:...
  4. HDR not working in some games, working in others

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HDR not working in some games, working in others: I've been having issues with HDR on my main gaming rig for a while, and I figured I might as well actually post on the internet and ask about it now rather than just sitting on the problem and trying to fix it myself.For the most part, Windows recognizes that I have two...
  5. HDR not working in some games, working in others

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HDR not working in some games, working in others: I've been having issues with HDR on my main gaming rig for a while, and I figured I might as well actually post on the internet and ask about it now rather than just sitting on the problem and trying to fix it myself.For the most part, Windows recognizes that I have two...
  6. BSOD and crashes while playing games - some games more than others

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD and crashes while playing games - some games more than others: Been getting Blue Screens of Death since about October while playing games and it seems to be isolated only to games so I've been going around fixing whatever drivers I could but it still seems to come back at least once a week or so and it's a bit annoying. The error I get...
  7. BSOD while playing games - some games more than others

BSOD while playing games - some games more than others: Been getting Blue Screens of Death since about October while playing games and it seems to be isolated to online games so I've been going around fixing whatever drivers I could but it still seems to come back at least once a week or so and it's a bit annoying. The error I get...
  8. BSOD Upon playing Detroit become Human Game (Also some others)

BSOD Upon playing Detroit become Human Game (Also some others): Thanks in advance for any help anyone can offer because I am reaching my wits end. I've tried quite a lot to fix this, including setting the CPU to max 99% to avoid overheating on that part, doesn't do it.. I found this game requires a specific driver, installed that.. It...
  9. BSOD on some games

BSOD on some games: Hello guys, i'm new here and i do not know much about PC let alone fixing it. My PC randomly cause BSOD when i play some games for the recent one is the X-COM 2 (1-3 hour in game then BSOD). I suspect the power supply but i don't know for sure. I hope anyone can help me...
  10. BSOD CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT (& Others) On Some Games

BSOD CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT (& Others) On Some Games: Hi, I've had Multiple BSOD's While playing (High End) games. While playing games such as GTA IV or Player Unknown i have had multiple BSOD, this only seems to happen on games that require a lot of power to run. I have played games like ORI & Blind Forest and Counterstrike...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. bsod only in some games

2. bsod on some games but not others