Windows 10: BSOD for the first time out of nowhere.

Discus and support BSOD for the first time out of nowhere. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I read the sticky on what to do before posting but unfortunately I can't get to my desktop to get the info. I figured I would just list my specs.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Onehotelfoxtrot, Nov 16, 2016.

1. BSOD for the first time out of nowhere.

I read the sticky on what to do before posting but unfortunately I can't get to my desktop to get the info. I figured I would just list my specs.

Gigabyte Z77-DS3H
    Intel core i3 2120
    Nvidia GTX 560 Ti
    8 GB RAM
    Crucial 128 GB SSD (drive with the OS files)
    Seagate 2 TB Hard Drive
    Windows 10 64-bit

I was using my computer like normal, I walked out of the room for about an hour and when I walk back in I see the automatic repair and diagnosing screens loop on my computer. I had not installed any new drivers for any of my devices recently either, the only thing I could think of is a windows automatic update. I tried most of the alternative startup methods from the options. Tried system restore, it kept giving me errors. Tried to refresh it and it gave me an error. I am getting the error message of Automatic Repair could not repair your computer and it displays the log file "E:\WINDOWS\System32\LogFiles\Srt\SrtTrail.txt"
    I found this odd because my E: drive does not contain my OS files, my C: drive does. I go to the command prompt from the recovery console and open up the log file srttrail.txt it shows one error (0x490) a recent driver installation or upgrade may be preventing the system from starting. I open up bcdedit and it shows that none of my defaults are to my C: drive like they should be. Again odd, I change them to the C: drive, close out of the command prompt and restart again. Still doesn't work. I check in my bios, my C: drive is no longer listed in the boot priority options but is listed in the section where I can manually select a drive to boot from. Again, very odd. What should I do?

:)

Onehotelfoxtrot, Nov 16, 2016

2. Severeal BSOD out of nowhere!

I still need help with this problem. Sometimes my PC works like a charm, and then all of a sudden I get a BSOD!

As stated in other replies my minidump folder stays empty (even after all the tweaks).

I've found some .DMP files somewhere else, but they are 0kb (and therefore can't be uploaded in onedrive!).

Today I've updated all my drivers (thought that might be the problem), but I still got some blue screens today.

I really need someone's help so I can fix this. I use this PC for everything (including my school stuff and for work).

Just a small recap of the whole issue:

I've upgraded my win7 to win10 quite a while ago now (several months) and never had any problems with it.

Until just an hour ago.. I've booted up my PC and it all went fine until I tried to open my first application.

It went straight to a BSOD and when I rebooted my PC it gained a different one. Gotten 3 different ones in total now:

• PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
    • BAD_POOL_HEADER
    • KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED (FLTMGR.SYS)
    Link to my DriverView is here:

Microsoft OneDrive - Access files anywhere. Create docs with free Office Online.

Link to my MSinfo32 is here:

Microsoft OneDrive - Access files anywhere. Create docs with free Office Online.

As I said in first message my Minidump folder is still empty (even after your guide). Don't know what else to do there..

Cheers,

Rowan

Rowan Meulenberg, Nov 16, 2016
  3. BSOD Out of Nowhere! IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Suvarna,

Thank you for your guidance, the problem only happened once, my concern is what caused the problem as everything was the way it was meant to be, i've made this post to be helping Microsoft.

as the experience goes i'm still ok with win 10 but its not perfect.

MehdiQanavatian, Nov 16, 2016
  4. philc43 Win User

BSOD for the first time out of nowhere.

Hello and welcome to TenForums *Smile

This sounds like you need to post in the general area for help since you appear to be unable to boot into the operating system. It could be that a windows update has somehow corrupted the boot process which no longer recognises the SSD. Did you ever make a system backup that you can use to restore the two drives?

philc43, Nov 16, 2016
  5. Unfortunately no, all I had was a restore point from a few days ago.

Onehotelfoxtrot, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

BSOD for the first time out of nowhere.

1. BSOD for the first time out of nowhere. - Similar Threads - BSOD nowhere

2. BSOD out of nowhere

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD out of nowhere: So yeah basically that's all I know.Here's my specs: https://spec-ify.com/profile/91f319fbHere's the dump file: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1xMk51lwbfRpGRFQ3Um6hqWSE_IXGiO-A/view?usp=sharing...
  3. BSOD out of nowhere

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD out of nowhere: So yeah basically that's all I know.Here's my specs: https://spec-ify.com/profile/91f319fbHere's the dump file: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1xMk51lwbfRpGRFQ3Um6hqWSE_IXGiO-A/view?usp=sharing...
  4. BSOD out of nowhere

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Multiple BSODs out of nowhere

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple BSODs out of nowhere: i bought a used pc about a month ago, it is in very good condition. Performed a clean install of windows 10 pro and it ran fine, up until 15 days ago 10 january 2024 when it first had a blue screen. it tried to restart multiple times and after a few attemps of fixing the...
  6. Multiple BSODs out of nowhere

Multiple BSODs out of nowhere: i bought a used pc about a month ago, it is in very good condition. Performed a clean install of windows 10 pro and it ran fine, up until 15 days ago 10 january 2024 when it first had a blue screen. it tried to restart multiple times and after a few attemps of fixing the...
  7. Multiple BSODs out of nowhere

8. [BSOD] Crashing out of nowhere - No clue what are the next steps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    [BSOD] Crashing out of nowhere - No clue what are the next steps: Hello,I have a problem with my computer few last days I bought the PC at April this year. Just to describe the problem. One day I was peacefully playing Counter Strike with my brother and then it happened. The screen freeze and he scary BSOD shows up. So, I have just...
  9. [BSOD] Crashing out of nowhere - No clue what are the next steps

[BSOD] Crashing out of nowhere - No clue what are the next steps: Hello,I have a problem with my computer few last days I bought the PC at April this year. Just to describe the problem. One day I was peacefully playing Counter Strike with my brother and then it happened. The screen freeze and he scary BSOD shows up. So, I have just...
  10. Random BSODs out of nowhere

Random BSODs out of nowhere: Hello,here are the minidump files - https://drive.google.com/file/d/1w2bN7vPId7B0d2eRMAyjpNfsDhHN-B_z/view?usp=sharingmy Lenovo IdeaPad 3-14ALC6 started randomly restarting and bluescreening in the last month.It happens when i browse the net on Opera 102.0.4880.56, when i...