Windows 10: BSOD/ Freeze When Playing Games or Watching Youtube Fullscreen

Discus and support BSOD/ Freeze When Playing Games or Watching Youtube Fullscreen in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I've tried so many things to no avail. Finally came to my senses to post on a forum. 40871 Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by GTawesomesauce, Feb 14, 2016.

1. BSOD/ Freeze When Playing Games or Watching Youtube Fullscreen

I've tried so many things to no avail. Finally came to my senses to post on a forum.

:)

GTawesomesauce, Feb 14, 2016
  2. DavidPTNZ Win User

BSOD crashes when playing games/watching Youtube fullscreen

Hi David,

I have managed to find the problem. After investigating driver issues, I saw the dump files had memory problems. I Thought it may be a faulty RAM stick, but upon opening my box I found that the RAM stick weren't paired into the correct slots. Moving them
    to a balanced load seems to have fixed my problems.

Thanks for the help!

DavidPTNZ, Feb 14, 2016
  3. David Haz Win User
    BSOD crashes when playing games/watching Youtube fullscreen

Hi David,

You have mentioned that you are getting multiple blue screen errors when playing a game or when watching a video online in full screen. May we know if you are overclocking your device? If you are, we suggest that you disable the overclocking for your device.

On a lighter note, it could be that the drivers for your device is outdated. We suggest that you check if there are updates waiting to be installed for your device. If there are, kindly install them and restart your device. After restarting your device,
    see if the blue screen errors still appears when you play games or watch videos online.

David Haz, Feb 14, 2016
  4. BSOD/ Freeze When Playing Games or Watching Youtube Fullscreen

*******************************************************************************
    * Bugcheck Analysis *
    *******************************************************************************

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (d1)
    An attempt was made to access a pageable (or completely invalid) address at an
    interrupt request level (IRQL) that is too high. This is usually
    caused by drivers using improper addresses.
    If kernel debugger is available get stack backtrace.
    Arguments:
    Arg1: 00000000000044c2, memory referenced
    Arg2: 0000000000000008, IRQL
    Arg3: 0000000000000000, value 0 = read operation, 1 = write operation
    Arg4: fffff801467accad, address which referenced memory

Debugging Details:
    ------------------

TRIAGER: Could not open triage file : e:\dump_analysis\program\triage\modclass.ini, error 2

OVERLAPPED_MODULE: Address regions for 'mmcss' and 'WUDFRd.sys' overlap

Looks like the BSOD is being caused by WUDFRD.sys

Can you help me with the following:

1) Are the drivers for the PC up to date ?

tanujchadha, Feb 14, 2016
  5. I ran a scan with Driver Checker and it says there aren't any out of date.

6. Please check if the video card drivers are updated :

Use this link (AMD auto update utility): Support & Drivers

7. The are updated according to the program

8. BSOD/ Freeze When Playing Games or Watching Youtube Fullscreen

Did you run system diags ? specially on memory modules ?

If yes, please also post the steps done by you already

9. I just ran the memtest and there is nothing wrong. I honestly wish i could remember what all i have done to the PC, it's been a long time since i tried fixing it. I do remember reinstalling windows, though...

10. Here's a new dump file, if it helps...

11. This file is causing the blue screen: atikmpag.sys

Seems to be an issue with the Video Card Drivers

12. Should I uninstall them and reinstall them, then?

13. BSOD/ Freeze When Playing Games or Watching Youtube Fullscreen

14. axe0 New Member
    The 1st crash was caused by the AMD display drivers, the dump thinks it is a hardware issue (may be) because that IRQL level is only for hardware

See if the hotfix helps AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.1.1 Hotfix Release Notes

BSOD/ Freeze When Playing Games or Watching Youtube Fullscreen [​IMG]
    Diagnostic test
    GPU TEST

Run Furmark tutorial

Note Run Furmark for around 30 minutes

Warning Your GPU temperatures will rise quickly while Furmark is running. Keep a keen eye on them and abort the test if temperatures rise too high

15. Okay. I Uninstalled the driver in safe mode with DDU, and installed the 16.1.1 driver after booting normally. Got on today to play Dying Light (usually freezes) and it froze like normal. The next thing I did was run Furmark according to the Furmark tutorial, and didn't notice any artifacts for the 30 minutes I ran it. There aren't any more dumps so I'll see if i can get another one to appear...

GTawesomesauce, Feb 15, 2016
Thema:

BSOD/ Freeze When Playing Games or Watching Youtube Fullscreen

1. BSOD/ Freeze When Playing Games or Watching Youtube Fullscreen - Similar Threads - BSOD Freeze Playing

2. Bluescreening while watching youtube or playing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluescreening while watching youtube or playing games: SourceWindowsSummaryHardware errorDate‎2022-‎06-‎09 10:03 AMStatusNot reportedDescriptionA problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly.Problem signatureProblem Event Name: LiveKernelEventCode: 1a8Parameter 1: 1Parameter 2: 0Parameter 3: 0Parameter 4:...
  3. Bluescreening while watching youtube or playing games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluescreening while watching youtube or playing games: SourceWindowsSummaryHardware errorDate‎2022-‎06-‎09 10:03 AMStatusNot reportedDescriptionA problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly.Problem signatureProblem Event Name: LiveKernelEventCode: 1a8Parameter 1: 1Parameter 2: 0Parameter 3: 0Parameter 4:...
  4. Laptop shuts down when watching youtube in fullscreen

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop shuts down when watching youtube in fullscreen: Hi, I have the issue with a 2018 Acer Swift 3, when i am watching videos on youtube in full screen, it randomly shuts down or hibernates. I've checked event viewer and found this error corresponding to each time it shuts down. More often than not, it happens when the laptop...
  5. Laptop shuts down when watching youtube in fullscreen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop shuts down when watching youtube in fullscreen: Hi, I have the issue with a 2018 Acer Swift 3, when i am watching videos on youtube in full screen, it randomly shuts down or hibernates. I've checked event viewer and found this error corresponding to each time it shuts down. More often than not, it happens when the laptop...
  6. Laptop shuts down when watching youtube in fullscreen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Bsod happening while watching youtube and playing game.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bsod happening while watching youtube and playing game.: hello, i just get randomly BSOD the thing that makes it hard is that i get a new error every time so i do not know the problem. please advice for help thank you in advance. 88153
  8. BSOD while watching a youtube video and playing a game

BSOD while watching a youtube video and playing a game: the bsod seems to always happens when i watch a Youtube video and play a small game like Zombidle. i've also had my computer freeze completely, as in the monitor is on with what i was doing but i couldn't move my mouse or do anything at that point i would do a hard reset to...
  9. BSOD playing PoE and watching youtube

BSOD playing PoE and watching youtube: Hello, I recently updated to windows 10 and have been getting BSODS alot more frequently than before. It's the good old driver_IRQL_not_less_or_equal (some letters that I cant remember). I suspect that it's my network card thats causing it. I use Killer e2200 PCI-E Gigabit...
  10. BSOD watching YouTube fullscreen/exiting fullscreen

BSOD watching YouTube fullscreen/exiting fullscreen: For like an half a year I have been getting blue screens, sometimes randomly when watching Youtube videoAttachment 113450s, sometimes exiting fullscreen and immediately doing something else, like going into another tab etc. I have tried to fix it by searching for the...