Windows 10: bsod freezing playing gta v bf1 error 0x124 and 0x3B

Discus and support bsod freezing playing gta v bf1 error 0x124 and 0x3B in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; i did step 2 completely...should i reinstall it once more update chipset driver from intel website or from device manager and where is it and i don't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by namco1, Mar 7, 2018.

1. namco1 Win User

bsod freezing playing gta v bf1 error 0x124 and 0x3B

i did step 2 completely...should i reinstall it once more
    update chipset driver from intel website or from device manager and where is it
    and i don't see the name of the driver you wrote in my device mangager in step 3

namco1, Mar 10, 2018
  2. zbook New Member

For any driver that has been replaced more than once please keep track of each driver version.
    Sometimes the drivers need to be rolled back to find stable drivers.

For the chip set drivers the first choice for drivers is the computer or motherboard manufacturer (Gigabyte). If the chip set drivers are not found then the next best source is from the component manufacturer website (Intel).

For step #3 see codes 3 and 4 for detailed information about the driver
    Intel(R) Ethernet Connection (2) I218-VAdapter
    Updating a driver. - Microsoft Community

When all of the above are completed please run the beta log collector and post a new zip into the thread.log collector v2-beta08.zip
    For any new BSOD please run the beta log collector using extract > open

zbook, Mar 10, 2018
  3. namco1 Win User
    i entered the hardware id's in google but did not find a site for downloading the driver from intel
    entered intel website to search for any drivers need to update...but i got a result there is no drivers to update for my intel hardware

bsod freezing playing gta v bf1 error 0x124 and 0x3B [​IMG]

namco1, Mar 10, 2018
  4. namco1 Win User

and i have the latest driver for intel Ethernet connection

namco1, Mar 10, 2018
  5. namco1 Win User
    is this is for the driver Intel(R) Ethernet Connection (2) I218-V

namco1, Mar 10, 2018
  6. zbook New Member
    The latest version of the Windows operating system can become corrupted.
    In a similar fashion the latest version of a driver can become corrupted.
    For windows operating system corruption you may run scannow, restorehealth, perform an in place upgrade repair, or clean install.
    For problems with drivers the drivers are updated. This may require an uninstall and a reinstall (for example this is regularly done with Nvidia and AMD GPU drivers.

For the motherboard there are multiple revisions. Please check the Gigabyte website to see the proper link for the motherboard.
    Is this the correct or incorrect Gigabyte motherboard for the computer: GA-X99-UD4 (rev. 1.0) | Motherboard - GIGABYTE Global

Intel® Driver & Support Assistant
    Drivers & Software

zbook, Mar 10, 2018
  7. namco1 Win User
  8. zbook New Member

In general device manager has a right click method to update drivers and drivers usually can be download directly from the computer manufacturer website and there is an option to replace the existing driver.

Once drivers are installed Windows will update the driver.
    For problematic drivers the Windows update of drivers can be turned off if the updates cause BSOD.

The first choice for any drivers is the Gigabyte website with revision 1.1
    The second choice for any drivers is the component manufacturer website.
    Please do not use the websites that update drivers as you don't know what you are getting.

zbook, Mar 10, 2018
  9. namco1 Win User
    didn't understand "perform an in place upgrade repair, or clean install"
    "This may require an uninstall and a reinstall" please can you tell me what the exact drivers the i reinstall them

Intel® Driver & Support Assistant
    Drivers & Software
    i entered those 2 websites and gave you an images for the scan for updates...and the network adapter new version but i'm not sure is it for the driver Intel(R) Ethernet Connection (2) I218-V

namco1, Mar 10, 2018
  10. namco1 Win User
    so i download the drivers now from gigabyte even if it is not new as the drivers i have
    and then uninstall mine..and the install what i downloaded?
    should i turn off windows update of drivers?

namco1, Mar 10, 2018
  11. zbook New Member
    1) For the Nvidia see the steps in the earlier post using DDU
    2) For the chipset drivers use safe mode with networking > download from Gigabyte
    3) For the Intel network adapter driver use device manager and the Microsoft link
    4) Windows updating of drivers does not need to be turned off at this time. If the drivers need to be rolled back the updating will be turned off so that the rolled back drives can be tested.

5) Open device manager > scroll down to network adapters > post an image into the thread

zbook, Mar 10, 2018
  12. namco1 Win User
    so i download from gigabyte just the chipset drivers...other drivers no need? and uninstall chipset drivers that installed on my pc?

do you mean microsoft link this link Updating a driver. - Microsoft Community

don't i have the latest drivers for intel network adapter as i showed?

namco1, Mar 10, 2018
  13. namco1 Win User

Display Driver Uninstaller 17.0.8.4

is this version ok...you told me in your first post Download version 17.0.8.2

namco1, Mar 10, 2018
  14. zbook New Member
    If there is a newer version of the DDU please use it.

For all of the drivers you have the latest version.
    Unfortunately the latest versions of drivers can misbehave and cause BSOD.
    When drivers misbehave they need to be updated.

For the driver updates > please read the Microsoft link > this should provide the information about problems with drivers and how to fix them. It has information about downloading and uninstalling and reinstalling.

Once you have found (and downloaded) the driver, remove the current driver (again in Device Manager) by again right clicking, then clicking uninstall. You must un-install it completely even if the fresh driver is the same date

zbook, Mar 10, 2018
  15. namco1 Win User
    so i uninstall all this

and this for the chipset

namco1, Mar 10, 2018
Thema:

1. bsod freezing playing gta v bf1 error 0x124 and 0x3B - Similar Threads - bsod freezing playing

2. 0x124 PSHED.dll playing GTA V

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    0x124 PSHED.dll playing GTA V: Hello! So I was playing GTA V at the time my system crashed. When it booted back to the logon screen I entered my password and then immediately crashed again. Not sure why it's suddenly crashing because it's been perfectly fine for the past few months and powered on for hours...
  3. BSoD when playing GTA V

BSoD when playing GTA V: Hi, I keep getting the blue screen of death every 20 minutes or so while playing GTA V, I don't know why My graphic driver is up-to-day, While restoro didn't work for me because it was paid. Can someone help me?...
  4. WHEA Uncorrectable error BSOD while playing GTA V or BF1

WHEA Uncorrectable error BSOD while playing GTA V or BF1: Hello everyone it would be a great pleasure if i get some help from the community I am facing this problem since last 1 month I tried every solution but it aint working My computer specs are Windows 10 Home Processor-AMD FX 6300 Sic Core Processor 3.50 GHz Ram-12GB...
  5. WHEA Uncorrectable error BSOD while playing GTA V or BF1

WHEA Uncorrectable error BSOD while playing GTA V or BF1: Hello everyone it would be a great pleasure if i get some help from the community I am facing this problem since last 1 month I tried every solution but it aint working My computer specs are Windows 10 Home Processor-AMD FX 6300 Sic Core Processor 3.50 GHz Ram-12GB...
  6. WHEA Uncorrectable error BSOD while playing GTA V or BF1

7. BSOD while playing GTA V

BSOD while playing GTA V: Hello everyone. Could someone please help me troubleshoot BSODs which occurs every single time I play GTA V for few minutes on my laptop? I had uninstalled nvidia drivers using DDU and reinstalled them, removed undervolt/overclock in msi afterburner and even clean installed...
  8. BSOD while playing GTA V

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD while playing GTA V: hey, can you guys help me fix my problem like i always get BSOD while playing GTA V only. idk why but if i play difference games like maybe CS:GO or The Forest i didnt get BSOD idk why maybe cuz my GTA files is corrupted or wut i got this kindda problem like 2 days ago at...
  9. BSOD While Playing GTA V

BSOD While Playing GTA V: Okay so here's a thing that has only made me scratch my head. I have a high end pc, I can play any game I can think of non stop, best settings. As soon as I try GTA V. I get that BSOD. It's very random and I can't seem to pinpoint what's going on, any help is appreciated. I...
  10. BSOD playing GTA V error 0x0000003b

BSOD playing GTA V error 0x0000003b: I get the blue screen anytime i play gta v, it can happen from a few minutes to a few hours in. I recently had a 8gb stick of vengeance ram go bad idk if this could be causing part of the problem but i wanted to add it. The source of the blue screen is from my ntoskrnl.exe....
Tags: