Windows 10: BSOD Frequently with a Number of Different Causes

Discus and support BSOD Frequently with a Number of Different Causes in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I moved my desktop to Windows 10 Ocotober 2015 and all was fine until about 2 or 3 weeks ago, After a Windows update the OS started to behave... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by GerryMagoo, Mar 12, 2016.

1. BSOD Frequently with a Number of Different Causes

I moved my desktop to Windows 10 Ocotober 2015 and all was fine until about 2 or 3 weeks ago, After a Windows update the OS started to behave unpredictably and get BSODs every 5 or 10 minutes for dufferent reasons OAGE_FAULT_IN_NON_PAGED_AREA, IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, KERNERL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE are some examples. I did a memory check. All looks fine. Also updated the BIOS to the latest version and made sure all drivers were up to date. Also ran SRC. None of these actions have stopped the problem. Does anyone have any idea how I can settle things down. I'm an old mainframer so I'm rreally hitting the limits of my knowledge now. Have uploaded the debug report with this post. Thanks in advance to anyone who can provide an insight.

:)

GerryMagoo, Mar 12, 2016
  2. Alan B Win User

Continuously receiving different Blue Screen of Death

Frequent and different BSODs is something frequently caused by faulty RAM memory.

Alan B, Mar 12, 2016
  3. Kris Ver Win User
    BSOD different causes

Thanks for the update.

Since you've already tried performing a clean install and the issue persists, this could be an issue with your hardware. We suggest that you
    contact your device manufacturer to check if they still have an option to perform a hardware diagnostics.

Regards.

Kris Ver, Mar 12, 2016
  4. ARC
    Arc Win User

BSOD Frequently with a Number of Different Causes

There are multiple different BSODs. So it will not be very easy to pinpoint the exact issue. But as there are a few of them which are pointing to memory corruption, let us have a look at it in depth.

First, You have 2x2GB RAM.
    Code: Size 2048MB Device Locator DIMM0 Bank Locator BANK0 Memory Type 01h - Other Speed 1600MHz Manufacturer Manufacturer0 Part Number PartNum0 ------------------------------------------------------- Size 2048MB Device Locator DIMM1 Bank Locator BANK1 Memory Type 01h - Other Speed 1600MHz Manufacturer Manufacturer1 Part Number PartNum1[/quote] Please make it sure that those are not form different lot, but are parts of the same RAM KIT. Mix of RAM can cause such issues.

Second, it is 1600MHz.
    Code: Speed 1600MHz[/quote] In your case, 1600 MHz is OC, Attachment 69195and OC may make a system unstable. Reduce the speed to either 1333MHz or 1066MHz. See it it becomes stable.

Third, Test your RAM modules for possible errors.MemTest86+ - Test RAM Run memtest86+ for at least 8 consecutive passes.

If it start showing errors/red lines, stop testing. A single error is enough to determine that something is going bad there.
    Take a camera snap of the memtest86+ window before closing the program. Let us see it.
    Screenshots and Files - Upload and Post in Ten Forums - Windows 10 Forums

Fourth, you need to update the system.
    Code: Windows 10 Kernel Version 10240 MP (4 procs) Free x86 compatible[/quote] Currently it is 10586.

Finally, the Device Installation Settings.

Do these. Let us know the results.

Thema:

BSOD Frequently with a Number of Different Causes

1. BSOD Frequently with a Number of Different Causes - Similar Threads - BSOD Frequently Number

2. Frequent BSOD caused by ntkrnlmp.exe

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Frequent BSOD caused by ntkrnlmp.exe: Please, please, please help me figure this one out. I have been having BSOD for a while now and I haven’t been able to fix it.These are my laptop specs: OS Name Microsoft Windows 11 ProVersion 10.0.22621 Build 22621System Model HP Pavilion Gaming Laptop...
  3. ntoskrnl.exe frequently causes BSoDs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ntoskrnl.exe frequently causes BSoDs: So, lately, I've been having increasingly frequent BSoDs, going from once a day to ridiculously frequent. I always get one of a few stopcodes that all, when searched, suggest driver issues, and they all seem to be caused by ntoskrnl.exe. When I check for drivers on Windows...
  4. ntoskrnl.exe frequently causes BSoDs

ntoskrnl.exe frequently causes BSoDs: So, lately, I've been having increasingly frequent BSoDs, going from once a day to ridiculously frequent. I always get one of a few stopcodes that all, when searched, suggest driver issues, and they all seem to be caused by ntoskrnl.exe. When I check for drivers on Windows...
  5. Frequent BSOD Caused by ntoskrnl.exe

Frequent BSOD Caused by ntoskrnl.exe: HiMy laptop just got BSOD fo 36 times in 3 days because ntoskrnl.exei tried to updating all driver, nothing changehere is my latest bsod dumpfilehttps://1drv.ms/u/s!ApqJX_9NRJGDgm88pidzFg5zRI2_...
  6. Frequent BSODs, different PCs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Frequent BSODs, different PCs: Hello, I'm having problems with Windows 10 and my two PCs desktop and laptop. Both of them are having frequent BSODs starting early last month, but they are a little different. PC restarts after BSOD, while laptop doesn't. I have tried everything, from new OSes, to running...
  7. BSOD with different causes

BSOD with different causes: i get BSOD fairly regularly this month. everything is running on stock. no overclocking except for RAM xmp enabled. this build is all brand new and built about 2 months ago. can anyone please help me in finding out whats wrong. thank you very much. link to dump files and...
  8. Frequent BSOD with different reasons

Frequent BSOD with different reasons: Lately my computer started to get BSOD every few days. I've uploaded minidumps and system info, and would appreciate your help. https://filetransfer.eu.dentons.com/pickup.php?claimID=pam6SkzP8CWb4c97&claimPasscode=mrpb2RaKyESAQ7PA...
  9. Frequent BSODs with different causes

Frequent BSODs with different causes: https://i.imgur.com/AO6BgPk.png Picture with general error names Attachment 79858 50368
  10. Frequent BSODs with different errors

Frequent BSODs with different errors: Hi everyone. I've been having these random BSODs randomly and have been in and out of repair shops with my laptop and still couldn't figure out what's been causing them. I already had it reformatted because the repair guy told me it was probably a virus or a jumbled registry...