Windows 10: BSOD from graphics card. (I think)

Discus and support BSOD from graphics card. (I think) in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, a Church PC that I support is having blue screens from the graphics card. At least I am pretty sure of it. This was a computer I built... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by teamsheetz, May 19, 2017.

1. BSOD from graphics card. (I think)

Hello,

a Church PC that I support is having blue screens from the graphics card. At least I am pretty sure of it. This was a computer I built awhile ago and over the course of 4 years I had multiple BSOD they always pointed to the graphics card. I finally found a Nvidia driver that was stable and never gave me a BSOD. Well I wiped the PC and reloaded it with windows 10 not thinking about that and I have lost the driver. I am hoping one of you would be able to look over the log and tell me what the issue is. Windows 10 installed a driver and that eventually caused it to Blue screen. I then Installed the latest version from Nvidia's website and tested it but it happened again so I removed that driver using the display driver uninstall tool it currently does not have any graphics card driver installed on it. This computer is used for streaming a service and recording audio and the BSOD started happening when using OBS Studio.

:)

teamsheetz, May 19, 2017

2. Windows 10 BSOD system thread exception not handled

is there any possibility to lose my files cause i was back to the factory settings 3 times after installing widows 10 and i lost all my files don't wanna lose them again.

But note ! i think the problem is from my graphic card driver because after installing the windows 10 i had some issues with my screen resolution and the graphic card driver wasn't installed & after 10 min that BSOD. And in my windows 7 i had a BSOD before
    updating my craphic card driver.

Med Aziz Chargui, May 19, 2017
  3. Windows 10 Upgrade (Solved By Self)

Thanks for the info, but it will give me a BSOD before I can do that. Though I think resolution is not the problem due to me having a nvidia graphics card and a Intel integrated one.

Parker The Insider, May 19, 2017
  4. Ztruker Win User

BSOD from graphics card. (I think)

Code: ffffe701`9bbb00a8 fffff803`4d4d4201*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for aswbidsdrivera.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for aswbidsdrivera.sys aswbidsdrivera+0x14201 ffffe701`9bbb0210 fffff803`4c76cb80*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for aswSP.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for aswSP.sys aswSP+0x7cb80[/quote] Driver Description: avast! Self Protection Driver
    Driver Update Site: http://support.avast.com/

Also see a lot of video activity in the thread trace:
    Code: ffffe701`9bbaf4e8 fffff803`4de80000 dxgkrnl!ADAPTER_RENDER::GdiNodeSupportsGpuVa <PERF> (dxgkrnl+0x0) ffffe701`9bbaf4f0 fffff803`4def6628 dxgkrnl!__PchSym_ <PERF> (dxgkrnl+0x76628) ffffe701`9bbaf4f8 fffff803`4de80000 dxgkrnl!ADAPTER_RENDER::GdiNodeSupportsGpuVa <PERF> (dxgkrnl+0x0) ffffe701`9bbaf500 fffff803`4def65b0 dxgkrnl!__PchSym_ <PERF> (dxgkrnl+0x765b0) ffffe701`9bbaf508 fffff803`4de80000 dxgkrnl!ADAPTER_RENDER::GdiNodeSupportsGpuVa <PERF> (dxgkrnl+0x0) ffffe701`9bbaf510 fffff803`4def85cc dxgkrnl!__PchSym_ <PERF> (dxgkrnl+0x785cc) ffffe701`9bbaf518 fffff802`75097000 nt!TmInitSystemPhase2 <PERF> (nt+0x0) ffffe701`9bbaf520 fffff802`7543666c nt!BcpDisplayParameters <PERF> (nt+0x39f66c) ffffe701`9bbaf528 fffff802`750a35dc nt!KiPreprocessFault+0xb8 ffffe701`9bbaf530 ffff910d`833bc5d0 ffffe701`9bbaf538 fffff803`4fe125d7 nvlddmkm+0x1b25d7[/quote] So it looks like you may have a couple problems. First get rid of Avast. RUn with the built in Windows Defender, see if that helps.

Next, Remove and install latest Nvidia drivers:

I suggest completely uninstalling the Nvidia display drivers using Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) from WagnardMobile (near bottom of page) then get the latest driver for you Nvidia card here: NVIDIA Driver Downloads

Then do a custom install of only the NVidia graphics driver and the PhysX driver.

See if that gets rid of the problem. If not try using older Nvidia drivers.

Ztruker, May 21, 2017
  5. Attachment 138013Okay I Did as you asked, It just BSOD again on me while using obs studio streaming. here is the latest logs.

teamsheetz, Jun 3, 2017
  6. Ztruker Win User
    Your Nvidia driver is version 382.05. The latest in the Nvidia web site for the 580 is 382.33. Give that a try using DDU to get rid of all Nvidia first.

Not much useful info in the latest dump.

Edit: Also just noticed the dates are all screwed up on the files on your computer. For instance, look at drivers.txt.

Not sure what effect that has on anything but if I were you, I would do an image backup using Macrium Reflect (Free or Pr) to an external hard drive then do a Clean Install of the Creators Update (15063). Next do a Windwos Update to get to the latest build which is 15063.322 then restore data and install software.

Follow this tutorial: Windows 10 - Clean Install

Ztruker, Jun 4, 2017
  7. zbook New Member
    In addition to the bsod these were some additional things in the event log:

There were a very large number (> 100): The IO operation at logical block address Disk 0 was retried.

Interpreting Event 153 Errors Ntdebugging Blog

When you have completed the steps in Ztuckers posts 2 and 4 run these studies:

HD sentinel: Hard Disk Sentinel - HDD health and temperature monitoring
    Sea tools for windows smart, short, and long generic
    SeaTools | Seagate

In administrative command prompt run chkdsk /x /f /r (this may take many hours so plan to run it overnight)

In administrative command prompt type or copy and paste these commands:

1) winver (in the pop up view your windows version and build and post into the forum)
    There were some windows updates that failed. Did you have any KB# that failed to update with error codes?
    Installation Failure: Windows failed to install the following update with error 0x80246007: Windows Camera.
    Installation Failure: Windows failed to install the following update with error 0x80246007: Paid Wi-Fi & Cellular.
    Installation Failure: Windows failed to install the following update with error 0x80246007: Microsoft People.
    Installation Failure: Windows failed to install the following update with error 0x80246007: Microsoft Sticky Notes.
    Installation Failure: Windows failed to install the following update with error 0x80246007: Windows Calculator.
    Installation Failure: Windows failed to install the following update with error 0x80246007: Windows Voice Recorder.

2) sfc /scannow

3) dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

On 5/17 there was windows store corruption. If have any problems with the windows store consider running the troubleshooter: control panel > troubleshooting > left pane click view all > Windows store apps.

The startup displays both Avast and Windows defender. How come both are on at startup?

zbook, Jun 4, 2017
  8. BSOD from graphics card. (I think)

Alright, so I am guessing that the OS is corrupt due to the blue screens I have been getting and everything else. The drive that is in it is a SSD that is pretty new. What I am going to do is Wipe and reload the PC. I am sure windows 10 will try to install the Nvidia drivers so I will the use DDU and remove them. I will then Install just install the latest display driver from Nvidia with the Physic driver. Can I also install the hd audio driver? Any other advice on doing a wipe and reload?

teamsheetz, Jun 4, 2017
  9. zbook New Member
    The status of the operating system can be checked with the above scannow and restorehealth commands.
    Most bsod are due to misbehaving drivers, some are due to misbehaving software.
    At this juncture you can reinstall the os by performing an in place upgrade (allows you to keep files and applications), perform a clean install deleting partitions and formatting the drive, or continue troubleshoot processing minidumps and event logs and performing dignostic studies to rule in/out problems.

If you have all of your files backed up and choose to perform a clean install that is best done with a bootable windows 10 iso. The iso can then be used to repair the operating system in the future, and can be used on other computers.

This is a link for a clean install:

Clean Install Windows 10 Windows 10 Installation Upgrade Tutorials

This is a link for a repair or in place upgrade:

Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade Windows 10 Installation Upgrade Tutorials

zbook, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

BSOD from graphics card. (I think)

1. BSOD from graphics card. (I think) - Similar Threads - BSOD graphics card

2. Occasional BSOD and Graphics Card not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Occasional BSOD and Graphics Card not working: My laptop shut down due to low power while it was in the middle of restarting during an update. Now my computer works like normal except that it bluescreens every time it updates, and my NVIDIA graphics card doesn't work doesn't show up in task manager at all, and...
  3. Occasional BSOD and Graphics Card not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Occasional BSOD and Graphics Card not working: My laptop shut down due to low power while it was in the middle of restarting during an update. Now my computer works like normal except that it bluescreens every time it updates, and my NVIDIA graphics card doesn't work doesn't show up in task manager at all, and...
  4. Occasional BSOD and Graphics Card not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Blue screening, thinking it may be my graphics card?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Blue screening, thinking it may be my graphics card?: I pulled this up on reliability history. I've updated the driver maybe two times. It could be the driver, could not be but it's what I'm suspecting. Could anyone help with this? Source Windows Summary Hardware error Date ‎3/‎28/‎2020 11:29 Status Not reported...
  6. Graphics card driver error and BSODs

Graphics card driver error and BSODs: Hi. So I had just reinstalled windows and updated it to the newest build. After reinstalling, I noticed that whenever I played any videos both online or through the player offline, there would be transient glitch sounds as if the video was stuck. I suspected the sound...
  7. Graphics issues , I think

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Graphics issues , I think: After I installed Win 10 on my computer , I have found an error . It is a game that my daughter plays , Star stable Online. I have tried to fix it myself but I do not know how [img] 14735
  8. Graphics Card Related BSOD

Graphics Card Related BSOD: Hello, For awhile now, I have been trying to find the cause of a number of BSOD errors I'm getting. This issue is definitely tied to my graphics card. I have an Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000 card and also an Nvidea GeForce GT 650M card. The BSOD error messages I am...
  9. BSOD Crashes - graphics card related

BSOD Crashes - graphics card related: Hi, I've experienced multiple BSODs almost every other day whether it'd be gaming or just plain surfing the web. I can trace it down to atikmdag being an issue on the computer. I've installed AMD uninstall and then reinstalled my drivers to no end. I'm not sure if it'll...
  10. Thinking of returning Graphics Card - MSI Radeon R7 250

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Thinking of returning Graphics Card - MSI Radeon R7 250: I recently purchased this card for an older HTPC running W 10 that is not used for gaming. It was a Newegg Shell Shocker - so $55 less $15 rebate - $40. I know that is dirt cheap for a graphics card, but again, no gaming. I also don't care about 4K - 1080p is fine. I am...