Windows 10: BSOD from time to time while playing games

Discus and support BSOD from time to time while playing games in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello all, I have a problem when playing certain games- I get crash caused by atikmpag.sys. Before that I had problem with atikmdag.sys. Sometimes I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by johnnybgood, Oct 30, 2016.

1. BSOD from time to time while playing games

Hello all,

I have a problem when playing certain games- I get crash caused by atikmpag.sys. Before that I had problem with atikmdag.sys. Sometimes I can play few days without crash, sometimes i get a crash. For example, in gta 4 i get a crash after 2mins.

GPU is MSI 6850 OC 1GB
    What I tried:
    -SFCSCAN -passed
    -Fresh and updated windows 10 installed
    -Tried with latest catalyst drivers and with beta crimson drivers. *(Didn't tried with drivers that Windows 10 has to offer)*
    - Downloaded SEAGATE tool for testing HDD. All short and long tests passed. No bad sectors.
    - GPU tested in Furmark

-Latest BIOS installed
    - PSU has enough watts and amperage.
    -Temperature of gpu is 75 max when playing games at full load.
    -Crashes happening with a stock CPU and overclocked , no difference.
    -Tried with EXTRACT atikmpag.sy_ method...
    -I run windows memory diagnostic and memorytest from windows, all good.
    -I run Intel burn stress test-system is stable

When I run driver verifier, I got that 3 drivers are not verified- atikmpag.sys, atikmdag.sys and some atihd...something. Now i get update for Audio Device AMD and its verified. Still first two left unverified.
    Im using Avast antivirus program. Now I will put exclusion for drivers folder, just to be sure.

Now Im runing driver verifier, still no BSOD.

:)

johnnybgood, Oct 30, 2016

2. BSOD caused by hal.dll and ntoskernal.exe

Hi,

it's been months that i keep having BSoD while I play games, I reinstalled all my softwares (also a total format and reinstall of windows 10), I verified all the drivers I could think of and also tried to use th GPU integrated in my MB to make sure it wasn't
    a GPU problem: it keeps casually happen; sometime it goes on for days while I play heavy games without BSoD and then BLAM! all goes blue while I was playng an old game from 200x (last time was with NWN2,
    so you know what I mean).

I fear there may be problems about the harware of my MB, but I'd like to be sure before buying another one.

My minidumps can be foun there:

Minidump

Davide DevisarnoInghingalo, Oct 30, 2016
  3. 浚偉陳 Win User
    BSODs, help plz

So I updated the software and firmware of my NAOS 7000 mouse and also the two other drivers. However, my laptop still gets the BSOD with the Memory Management stopcode while I was gaming. After that, I unplugged my mouse and started playing my CSGO again,
    but using the touchpad this time, trying to test if my mouse was the cause. Unfortunately, the BSOD still occurs(also memory management). There is one strange thing that I don't know if it is worth mentioning. I never encounter any BSOD when I was playing
    the cracked version of CSGO. However, I always encounter BSOD when I was playing the genuine CSGO from Steam and other online games. Dump files below.

Click here for the dump files

浚偉陳, Oct 30, 2016
  4. BSOD from time to time while playing games

BUMP

I run memtest86 for 13 passes, 0 errors. So its drivers of gpu or windows somehow...

johnnybgood, Oct 31, 2016
  5. I will try with a Microsoft drivers now via update.

One thing that I noticed is in GPU-Z , now I have checked support for OPENCL but I didnt have it with catalyst instaled BSOD from time to time while playing games o_O

johnnybgood, Nov 3, 2016
  6. I made some progress on windows 8.1 with old drivers version 13.9....

johnnybgood, Nov 5, 2016
  7. I think I found solution but need more testing. I think that MSI Afterburner was causing the crashes. Im on 14.4 drivers now and installed only dipslay driver not CCC but I think its not drivers problem but afterburner.

johnnybgood, Nov 6, 2016
  8. BSOD from time to time while playing games

Nope , still crashes but what I done next:
    - In Afterburner, i downclocked the card. I have MSI OC version which is bumped to 820/1100 mhz from factory 775/1000mhz. For 2 days no crash. Still, thats a small time frame for conclusion.

If crash, i have a few other solutions to try:
    - Bump a voltage a bit to GPU
    - TDR tweak in windows registry (google it)
    -reseat and clear PCI slot and card
    - delete atikmpag.sys and atikmdag.sys files and then reinstall drivers again (doubt in that method but worked for some people)

I passed Heaven and Valley benchmarks on ultra even before downclocking a card.
    Ill report what I have done.

johnnybgood, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

BSOD from time to time while playing games

1. BSOD from time to time while playing games - Similar Threads - BSOD while playing

2. BSOD while gaming, multiple times.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD while gaming, multiple times.: Good day,I have been suffering from BSODs over the past few days. I assume it is graphics driver related, just because it always seems to be graphics related when I reach out for assistance. It seems like Nvidia just does not care that much about their mid and low tier...
  3. BSOD while gaming, multiple times.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD while gaming, multiple times.: Good day,I have been suffering from BSODs over the past few days. I assume it is graphics driver related, just because it always seems to be graphics related when I reach out for assistance. It seems like Nvidia just does not care that much about their mid and low tier...
  4. Pc crashes from time to time while gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc crashes from time to time while gaming: when Im gaming, my pc crashes from time to time..i dont recive any blue screen or something like that.what is the probleme?i can share the Event Viewer infos when necessary...
  5. Pc crashes from time to time while gaming

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pc crashes from time to time while gaming: when Im gaming, my pc crashes from time to time..i dont recive any blue screen or something like that.what is the probleme?i can share the Event Viewer infos when necessary...
  6. BSOD from time to time

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD from time to time: I experienced a lot of BSOD recently, at about once a week, with my win10 gaming laptop. The cause of BSOD varys every time, but the full memory dumps are all broken showed by some analysing tools. So I changes the dump option to minidump and got this dump file. While this...
  7. PC reboots at random times while playing games

PC reboots at random times while playing games: Hi, my computer keeps on rebooting at random times while playing games specifically dota 2. I have already conducted GPU and CPU stress tests using CINEBENCH, CPU-Z, FURMARK, Heaven Benchmark and could not replicate the reboot. I'm now looking into Windows Event viewer to...
  8. BSOD at random times, most frequently while playing games

BSOD at random times, most frequently while playing games: Hello, I just build a new computer and I've been having some issues, random BSOD have appeared but it is more frequently while playing games. If any extra information is needed, please let me know. Thank's. 103735
  9. BSOD Random times, while gaming, while resting

BSOD Random times, while gaming, while resting: Im having issues with a BSOD at random times, It used to say Kernal Security check failure. I now do not see any error codes it may restart before i see it. It does Auto Restart. My PC has the following Specs: OS: Windows 10 MB: AsRock Z170 Gaming k6 CPU: Intel core i7...
  10. BSOD while playing video games 5 times in two days

BSOD while playing video games 5 times in two days: I got BSOD 5 times in two days on my new computer that I built recently, the message has changed to "KERNEL SECURITY CHECK ERROR" after I've updated my drivers yesterday, attached is program report thingy you guys use here, thank you for your help! 28908