Windows 10: BSOD galore

Discus and support BSOD galore in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I had been enjoying windows 10 for months without much trouble and a few days ago I started getting bombarded by inconsistent BSODs pointing to all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ygdrad, Feb 10, 2016.

1. ygdrad Win User

BSOD galore

I had been enjoying windows 10 for months without much trouble and a few days ago I started getting bombarded by inconsistent BSODs pointing to all sorts of things. Some seemed to point at hard drive failure, some at driver issues, some at ram problems, some even mentioned video memory. I tried fixing it on my own, got a new hard drive and reinstalled windows, but even with my 2 previous drive unplugged I was still getting BSODs. I used to run 4 sticks of 2GB ram and most of the errors went away after I removed two of them. I unfortunately lost the pile of dump files after the format, the few I have now are recent and one or two are probably from further testing my ram. The latest two happened on the two sticks of ram I am fairly sure are good on a fresh updated windows install and should be a good example. The BSODs aren't as common as they were at first(we're talking minutes to a few hours when it happened within seconds of boot, or even on the login screen at first).

I will update the uploaded file as I get more dump files.
    Attachment 63596
    Edit: sfc /scannow claims it found corrupt files it was unable to fix, I'm not sure if those were at fault, I'll try to figure out how to repair them. These corrupted files are more likely to be a result of the crashes rather than the cause since I've had BSODs through multiple clean re-installations of windows.

Edit2: I just had a couple BSOD's followed by a long string of back-to-back BSOD's most of which probably involved firefox which must've gotten wrecked by a previous one. Launching firefox caused BSOD's with totally different error messages until I reinstalled and wiped my profile. Attachment 63601

Edit3: Got another bsod with a different code, once again seemingly caused by firefox, even after running a clean install with nothing but imported bookmarks. I've got no idea why so many of the crashes happen around it or why this only started recently. I guess I'll put up with chrome for a while to see if the crashes vanish.Attachment 63609

Edit4: Nope, got a crash while browsing on Chrome too *Sad Attachment 63616

Edit5: More BSOD's Attachment 63802

:)

ygdrad, Feb 10, 2016
  2. Diabitus Win User

BSODs Galore

Just as a reference (although I know this isn't a question post I made), here is the latest crash I got:

On Sat 11/7/2015 2:28:01 PM GMT your computer crashed

crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\110715-9593-01.dmp

This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x14E2E0)

Bugcheck code: 0x50 (0xFFFFC04096FEBC30, 0x0, 0xFFFFF800D26B3998, 0x2)

Error: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

file path: C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe

product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System

company: Microsoft Corporation

description: NT Kernel & System

Bug check description: This indicates that invalid system memory has been referenced.

This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.

The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

Diabitus, Feb 10, 2016
  3. Diabitus Win User
    BSODs Galore

I figured I'd update you again.

I haven't had a BSOD since the last time I posted something, but now my Windows Start button magically doesn't let me click on it. Happened right after a DirectX install for a game called Trine 2.

What gives? And why is there no response from Microsoft yet?

Diabitus, Feb 10, 2016
  4. axe0 New Member

BSOD galore

Edits aren't needed anymore *Smile Just make a new reply when you get a crash.

That would lead to either hardware or the BIOS, your BIOS dates 2008 but there are no BIOS and driver updates for your motherboard.
    Code: BIOS Version: American Megatrends Inc. 5.23 , 4/21/2008[/quote] There is a good chance your BIOS is the cause

5. ygdrad Win User
    Are we 100% sure the bios is the cause? This pc worked fine for months on windows 10 but now bluescreens on even an unupdated clean win10 install, which didn't give it problems before.

I need to be sure of what's causing this since this being a fairly old system in a case with poor customization options, I'd most likely have to get a completely new system since the only salvageable parts will be the graphics card and HDDs. That's not the kind of money I can throw away on a whim.

ygdrad, Feb 12, 2016
  6. axe0 New Member
    The only way to be 100% sure is to test which isn't possible, I can say that I am about 90% sure.

7. ygdrad Win User
    Well. I'm pretty sure now. I finally isolated the problem, I can't be sure which component on the mobo is faulty, but it causes a bsod when there is a sudden demand spike at low load/temperature. The pc remains stable if there is a demanding game running, but simple stuff with irregular spikes like browsing or watching movies will cause the pc to crash repeatedly. I even shut down my pc overnight and it had to crash 10 times before it managed to warm up and boot properly.

Thanks for the help, will mark it as solved. R.I.P. pc, you served me well for 8 years.

ygdrad, Feb 18, 2016
  8. axe0 New Member

BSOD galore

Glad to hear you isolated the problem *Smile , but unfortunate to hear the other side *Sad

axe0, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

BSOD galore

1. BSOD galore - Similar Threads - BSOD galore

2. BSOD every time while gaming 0x00000050 - PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA - dxgmms2.sys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD every time while gaming 0x00000050 - PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA - dxgmms2.sys: I just purchased a gaming laptop with AMD & NVIDIA in it.I've use this laptop for just 2 days, and these error getting out of hand.Here's the detailed what's happening:BSOD/Freeze/Unexpected shutdown every time I used it for playing gamesThis error always happening after 40 -...
  3. BSOD every time while gaming 0x00000050 - PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA - dxgmms2.sys

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD every time while gaming 0x00000050 - PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA - dxgmms2.sys: I just purchased a gaming laptop with AMD & NVIDIA in it.I've use this laptop for just 2 days, and these error getting out of hand.Here's the detailed what's happening:BSOD/Freeze/Unexpected shutdown every time I used it for playing gamesThis error always happening after 40 -...
  4. Windows 10 with Recurring Restarts, varying BSOD's.....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 with Recurring Restarts, varying BSOD's.....: I am finally reaching out to anyone who can help me. I've had a laptop for a year and it just won't stay on. Sometimes I get a BSOD and sometimes it just restarts. I've looked through event viewer and it's either giving no information or it's just beyond my scope. If I...
  5. Windows 10 with Recurring Restarts, varying BSOD's.....

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 with Recurring Restarts, varying BSOD's.....: I am finally reaching out to anyone who can help me. I've had a laptop for a year and it just won't stay on. Sometimes I get a BSOD and sometimes it just restarts. I've looked through event viewer and it's either giving no information or it's just beyond my scope. If I...
  6. BSODs Galore - Kernel Security Check Failure and Bugcheck Eorros

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSODs Galore - Kernel Security Check Failure and Bugcheck Eorros: Thanks in advance for your help.Dump file copied from windbg:---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Microsoft R Windows Debugger Version 10.0.25200.1003 AMD64Copyright c Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.Loading...
  7. BSODs Galore - Kernel Security Check Failure and Bugcheck Eorros

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSODs Galore - Kernel Security Check Failure and Bugcheck Eorros: Thanks in advance for your help.Dump file copied from windbg:---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Microsoft R Windows Debugger Version 10.0.25200.1003 AMD64Copyright c Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.Loading...
  8. BSODs Galore - Kernel Security Check Failure and Bugcheck Eorros

9. BSODs galore

BSODs galore: Not sure if this is the right forum but I keep encountering BSODs such as PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA or IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. Most of the time it appears to do happen when I'm connected via Cisco AnyConnect or when on a Zoom call. There are other times that I'm not able to...
  10. BSOD errors galore - should I get a new CPU?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    BSOD errors galore - should I get a new CPU?: I have a company computer that uses a hefty amount of RAM. I recently upgraded my ram to 128 GB (4 x 32 GB) and 6 TB storage (3 x 2T SSD). It originally came with 16 GB RAM ( 2 x 8 GB) and one 500 GB SSD. I have a Dell Precision 7530. All the parts were double checked online...