Windows 10: BSOD Going full screen with Chrome on 2nd monitor, ddkmd.sys

Discus and support BSOD Going full screen with Chrome on 2nd monitor, ddkmd.sys in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So, whenever I goes full screen when watching youtube on Chrome with my secondary screen ( the screen that wasn't set as main display) , it crashes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by darthrampage, Jul 15, 2016.

1. BSOD Going full screen with Chrome on 2nd monitor, ddkmd.sys

So, whenever I goes full screen when watching youtube on Chrome with my secondary screen ( the screen that wasn't set as main display) , it crashes with BSOD, either "Page Fault in Non Paged Area" or "System Service Exception", ddkmd.sys. Every single time. I tired to switch the screens and it still BSOD with the secondary screen. Recently, it also goes BSOD whenever I lauched the 3Dmark TimeSpy.

However, I can play video games (Bioshock, Evolve) with full screen on my secondary screen with no problem.

Please help >.<

My rig:
    Motherboard: Asrock H77m
    CPU: Xeon E3- 1230 v2
    GPU: MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X

Monitor:
    Dell S2817Q (4K monitor)
    Phillips 237E (Full HD)

Attachment 90456

:)

darthrampage, Jul 15, 2016
  2. Swang007 Win User

System Service Exception Error

So recently I've been getting BSODs whenever I try to play online videos. Usually it's YouTube, but it's happened on other websites as well. A video will play for a few seconds, then the screen will pixelate down into Windows 10's BSOD. I always get the
    following error:

SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (ddkmd.sys)

After searching for ddkmd.sys online, it seems to only be happening to people who have installed a driver for some device or USB thing? I'm not exactly sure... I don't recall ever installing a driver like this either. Any ideas?

Swang007, Jul 15, 2016
  3. Stop windows from staying full screen when dragged to new monitor or same

I'll have a window in chrome opened up to full screen on one of my 3 monitors. If I click on the tab and go to pull the window away so its not full screened anymore, once I let go, the window pops back to full screen regardless of which monitor I drag it
    to, even the same monitor. How do I stop this?

Thanks in advance!

Travis1981, Jul 15, 2016
  4. axe0 New Member

BSOD Going full screen with Chrome on 2nd monitor, ddkmd.sys

Please remove / disable items from the startup in taskmanager
    These programs could interfere with the boot process giving you trouble and increase the boot time.

Please remove this program a.s.a.p. and revert back any changes this program made to the system!
    Code: Start Menu\Programs\Reimage Repair Public:Start Menu\Programs\Reimage Repair Public[/quote] I do not know what program or device this driver belongs to, maybe you could check it *Smile
    Driver Reference Table - ddkmd.sys
    Code: 6: kd> lmvm ddkmd Browse full module list start end module name fffff801`98740000 fffff801`98782000 ddkmd T (no symbols) Loaded symbol image file: ddkmd.sys Image path: \??\C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\ddkmd.sys Image name: ddkmd.sys Browse all global symbols functions data Timestamp: Tue Aug 11 20:23:52 2015 (55CA3DB8) CheckSum: 0004A437 ImageSize: 00042000 Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4[/quote]

5. Ztruker Win User
    Ztruker, Jul 15, 2016
  6. Thanks for your replies.
    I have checked the file properties of ddkmd.sys.
    The file description is "OSBASE WDDM Kernel Mode Driver".
    From my search on google, it says it is included with Duet display, but I have already uninstalled it, the ddkmd.sys file is still here. Please advise.

darthrampage, Jul 16, 2016
  7. For now, I simply cut the file away from the System 32 folder, and put it on the desktop for backup. The full screen issue and 3D mark issues have been solved for now.

darthrampage, Jul 16, 2016
  8. axe0 New Member

If you already removed the related software you could safely delete the driver *Smile

9. Thanks for all your help! problem solved!

darthrampage, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. BSOD Going full screen with Chrome on 2nd monitor, ddkmd.sys - Similar Threads - BSOD Going full

2. Monitor breifly going black while 2nd monitor running?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor breifly going black while 2nd monitor running?: I have 2 monitors running in my setup, one on HDMI 2.1 and the other on displayport 1.4. the HDMI one is recognized by windows as the 2nd monitor, but I've set it to be the main monitor I use.The problem comes, whenever I have something like a video playing or something else...
  3. Monitor breifly going black while 2nd monitor running?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Monitor breifly going black while 2nd monitor running?: I have 2 monitors running in my setup, one on HDMI 2.1 and the other on displayport 1.4. the HDMI one is recognized by windows as the 2nd monitor, but I've set it to be the main monitor I use.The problem comes, whenever I have something like a video playing or something else...
  4. Even in Full Screen Program, Mouse Wheel Scrolls 2nd Monitor.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Even in Full Screen Program, Mouse Wheel Scrolls 2nd Monitor.: I just upgraded to Windows 10. I play Subnautica on my left monitor, full screened. If I move the mouse to the right for a while, the Windows mouse cursor is actually in my 2nd (right) monitor but I can't see it. If I move the mouse wheel up and down it still acts as it...
  5. full screen on monitors

in Windows 10 Customization
    full screen on monitors: I just wanted to know if I go full screen on only one monitor, will the rest of the monitors go full screen or just that one monitor? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/full-screen-on-monitors/843d1f74-42f5-4527-806c-beecfb893c76
  6. how do i fix chrome no going full screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    how do i fix chrome no going full screen: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/tuvok423 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gqgql3/how_do_i_fix_chrome_no_going_full_screen/
  7. Move mouse pointer to 2nd monitor when in full-screen mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    Move mouse pointer to 2nd monitor when in full-screen mode: I have dual monitors. Let's say I'm playing a game in full-screen on monitor 1. Is there a keyboard shortcut that let's me instantly move the mouse to monitor 2, without closing/minimising the game running in full-screen on monitor 1? Or "unlock" the mouse so that dragging...
  8. 2nd monitor regularly cutting out during full screen games

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    2nd monitor regularly cutting out during full screen games: 1st monitor is a old 1080p Dell connected via DP 2nd monitor is a Samsung mu7000, 4k HDR, connected via HDMI Vid card is Nvidia 2080ti When playing a full screen HDR game, every 5-15 minutes the 2nd monitor goes black for a second, appears to be switching modes, screen goes...
  9. BSOD after connecting 2nd monitor

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD after connecting 2nd monitor: I have had the same error (DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION) popping up for over a month. I have had a tech out 3 times changing the video card, PSU, fan, motherboard, and memory, have been on the phone with Microsoft techs multiple times as well. I have checked the drivers with driver...
  10. BSoD when clicking on 2nd monitor while watching a full screen video

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSoD when clicking on 2nd monitor while watching a full screen video: I've been getting a BSoD since updating my nVidia drivers for Overwatch. The error I've been getting is "VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR". I get this BSoD when I am watching a video in full screen on one of my monitors(e.g YouTube, Twitch, Netflix, HBOGO etc) although the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. ddkmd.sys error code when playing youtube

2. movie full screen stop error ddkmd.sys

3. ddkmd.sys windows 10

4. ddkmdsys bsod netflix,
  5. chrome full screen,
  6. ddkmd.sys osbase,
  7. ddkmd chrome 2018