Windows 10: BSOD happened Ex-Nihilo

Discus and support BSOD happened Ex-Nihilo in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Good day all; I got this after running for weeks without incident. The only system change was 48 hours ago which was a bug fix to "Spybot Search &... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Molds2014, Apr 10, 2016.

1. Molds2014 Win User

BSOD happened Ex-Nihilo

Good day all;
    I got this after running for weeks without incident.
    The only system change was 48 hours ago which was a bug fix to "Spybot Search & Destroy". All recommended fixes seemed to work well with that.
    Any way, I got this little surprise at bootup today and am hoping to get your input.
    PS: I (like many others) have stopped allowing Nvidia driver updates since December.
    they DO seem to cause more than a few problems.
    Thanks,
    Steve

:)

Molds2014, Apr 10, 2016

2. windows defender persistent detection error 0x80508023 in onedrivetemp

I'm dealing with this computer, this problem is solved.

Firstly we did full scans with Avira, WindowsDefender and Microsoft safety scan : more than 10 hours with no success !!!

Secondly the directory c:\OneDriveTemp\s-1-5-21-....-1001 has been excluded from WindowsDefender scan (see screenshot)

A little time later, a new directory was created ex-nihilo in c:\OneDrive\Documents\ named Nouveau dossier (2), it contains PCPerformerSetup (2).exe

• WindowsDefender & Avira do both detect the threat
    • Ignoring Avira in order to avoid interferences with WindowsDefender (Actually
      Avira makes the point that access to the executable file
      has been blocked, it contains the unwanted program
      'PUA/InstallBrain.Gen'
    • WindowsDefender offers cleaning, it is realized and a restart
      is required to complete it.
    • At the restart there are no such untimely notifications.

Screenshot : WindowsDefender Windows 10

BSOD happened Ex-Nihilo [​IMG]

Antonin Roussel, Apr 10, 2016
  3. iOmqrio Win User
    Bad_pool_header error

Hey,

I've got the Bad_pool_header BSOD 2 times now in like 20 minutes. I don't understand it. After i installed Norton, this happened. Always when i watch a video on chrome.

I opened the Minidump and

I did CTRL+F and .exe and it pointed chrome.exe

Is that the problem? I also updated GTX 970 drivers.

Omar

iOmqrio, Apr 10, 2016
  4. zztemp Win User

BSOD happened Ex-Nihilo

Hi,

Welcome on the forum!
    I'm sorry but there is no BSOD to analyze?

zztemp, Apr 10, 2016
  5. Molds2014 Win User
    The attached .zip file is not what is required?

Molds2014, Apr 10, 2016
  6. zztemp Win User
    Well yes it is *Smile but sadly it is missing some files (.DMP)
    It is those files that we use to analyze bluescreens.

In your zip there are none.
    Have a look at c:\Windows\Minidump

Does that folder exist? Does it contain .DMP files?
    If so, rerun the collection tool again and re-upload. We do need such files.

zztemp, Apr 10, 2016
  7. Molds2014 Win User
    That folder does not exist. When I booted, I got the BSOD and then did a hard-power-off, and the system booted normally. After that, I ran the collection tool.

Molds2014, Apr 10, 2016
  8. zztemp Win User

BSOD happened Ex-Nihilo

So for some reason the BSOD-dump file was not created, hence it is not included.
    It might just be that your system is not configured to create a dumpfile.

Here is explained how to set up your system to do so in the future: Set MiniDump

If a dumpfile was created , it might also be located at c:\Windows
    So look for *.dmp at c:\windows

zztemp, Apr 10, 2016
  9. Molds2014 Win User
    OK, I changed the system settings to create a dump file in the future. I also searched my entire drive for *.dmp and the only results were from 2 days before the problem, and not in a "Windows" folder. Let me know if you would like the 2 most recent files shown. The required reboot did not produce any errors.

Molds2014, Apr 10, 2016
  10. zztemp Win User
    HI, good job on settings things up!
    Those dumpfiles are creates by other processes, they are not the BSOD files we are looking for.
    Your computer will record any future BSOD's, we'll just have to wait for those.

zztemp, Apr 11, 2016
  11. axe0 New Member
    If you haven't modified the recovery settings the system will automatically restart for you.

Did you let the BSOD finish collecting the data or did you immediately shut off?

12. Molds2014 Win User
    Hello Axe0;
    As I only got the initial BSOD and none subsequent to that, there is no recovery file to show you. (My system wasn't set to capture the crashes at the time the BSOD occurred) I suppose that is [good] and [bad]. Good that it stopped crashing, bad that we have no dumpfile to view.
    Like zztemp points out, we will just have to wait for a future BSOD. My system is now set to capture those dumps, so until next time.....
    And thanks to ALL for the pointers !! *Cool*Cool

Molds2014, Apr 11, 2016
  13. axe0 New Member

BSOD happened Ex-Nihilo

Please answer my question.

14. Molds2014 Win User
    I did a forced shutdown within approx 120 seconds.

Molds2014, Apr 11, 2016
  15. axe0 New Member
    That doesn't say if collecting the data was done, some systems can't collect the data within 2min and thus no dump can be saved then.

Thema:

BSOD happened Ex-Nihilo

1. BSOD happened Ex-Nihilo - Similar Threads - BSOD happened Nihilo

2. BSOD happens spontaneously

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD happens spontaneously: Mostly in the evenings, while i'm playing a heavy video-game which forces GPU\CPU load to 50-75% at least, it has begun happening a few days ago. Windows just crashes with distorted sound similar to electricial.I've tried updating every single driver on my PC and updating it...
  3. BSOD keeps happening!!

BSOD keeps happening!!: Long story shortI've been experiencing BSOD for about 2 weeks now.First it was what I thought was a faulty RAM.I bought new Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB DDR5 32GB 4x16GB 6200MHz C36 as a replacement'Then I thought it was my PSU not giving me enough power. So I bought...
  4. BSOD happens frequently

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD happens frequently: I need some help, I been getting BSOD alot this week while I was trying to play a game "Lost Ark" but almost every time I open it the system crashed about 2 mins later every time. I have tried reinstall drivers, the game, changing windows updates or even resetting my laptop....
  5. BSOD happens frequently

BSOD happens frequently: I need some help, I been getting BSOD alot this week while I was trying to play a game "Lost Ark" but almost every time I open it the system crashed about 2 mins later every time. I have tried reinstall drivers, the game, changing windows updates or even resetting my laptop....
  6. BSOD happens frequently

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Hacked by an ex

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Hacked by an ex: Looking around here, this seems to be common. Exes have usually set something up while still in good favor and with access to a PC that they then left with things set up to facilitate remote initiation of some very wicked things. Microsoft runs the machine. At this moment...
  8. BSOD Happening constantly

BSOD Happening constantly: I've been having frequent BSODs lately and have tried a bunch of the usual things to resolve to no avail.Help would be much appreciated. Here's a link to the latest minidump file https://www.mediafire.com/file/erin78qvzofeqqf/041220-48750-01.rar/file If there's anything...
  9. BSOD happens on the startup

BSOD happens on the startup: Hello Sumit My name is Tapan I do face a problem on my windows BSOD everytime I startup my computer for the first time in the day then afterwards it all runs normally. I did upload everything like you said on the microsoft one drive cloud. Can you please take a look for me...
  10. BSOD happens regularly

BSOD happens regularly: This computer originally ran Win 8. It was upgraded to Win 10 but because of midi driver errors in Sony's ACID Pro it required a clean Win 10 install. I did not get any BSOD's until after a clean Win 10 install. I don't think, but am unsure, that the BSOD's started...