Windows 10: BSOD/Hard hangs when playing video games Kernel Mode Trap

Discus and support BSOD/Hard hangs when playing video games Kernel Mode Trap in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I've noticed that lately after a few hours of gaming my PC hard hangs and crashes, here is a screenshot with some info on the crash Screenshot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by InvisFrames, Oct 27, 2016.

1. BSOD/Hard hangs when playing video games Kernel Mode Trap

Hello, I've noticed that lately after a few hours of gaming my PC hard hangs and crashes, here is a screenshot with some info on the crash Screenshot

In that screenshot I receive the error Kernel Mode Trap, however I've also sometimes gotten the crash "Kernel Mode Power Event 41) See screenshots here Screenshot & Screenshot I think the issues are related but I really don't know

I have no idea what it is nor do I know what to do. Help? (THIS CRASH ONLY HAPPENS WHEN GAMING)

:)

InvisFrames, Oct 27, 2016

2. error in windows 10 unexpected kernel mode trap

Same thing here with Norton Internet Security, new network found choose.... BSOD Kernel mode trap

@HomePCSupport, Oct 27, 2016
  3. UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP when starting DOTA 2 or Counter Strike: Global Offensive

Hello.

Recently I've been having an issue where a BSOD occurs when I: Open up, uninstall, repair etc. either DOTA 2 or CS:GO. after a while, the screen freezes and gives me the BSOD of the unexpected kernel mode trap.

I've tried with other games on my Steam account, and I never run into the same problem, which is rather wierd.

Any way I can fix this?

Thanks in regard

Nickolaj

Nickolaj S, Oct 27, 2016
  4. BSOD/Hard hangs when playing video games Kernel Mode Trap

I'd also like to add the crashes are accompanied by repeating audio of what was happening in game a well as a frozen monitor (Doesn't go black, just hangs and I can see the last frame in game before I crash)

InvisFrames, Oct 27, 2016
  5. Ztruker Win User
    Only 1 dump in the zip file. It shows a double fault:
    Code: UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP (7f) This means a trap occurred in kernel mode, and it's a trap of a kind that the kernel isn't allowed to have/catch (bound trap) or that is always instant death (double fault). The first number in the bugcheck params is the number of the trap (8 = double fault, etc) Consult an Intel x86 family manual to learn more about what these traps are. Here is a *portion* of those codes: If kv shows a taskGate use .tss on the part before the colon, then kv. Else if kv shows a trapframe use .trap on that value Else .trap on the appropriate frame will show where the trap was taken (on x86, this will be the ebp that goes with the procedure KiTrap) Endif kb will then show the corrected stack. Arguments: Arg1: 0000000000000008, EXCEPTION_DOUBLE_FAULT Arg2: fffff80091337e70 Arg3: ffffbd010dea0f90 Arg4: fffff8008f5586d0[/quote] Here is info and some possible resolutions for this kind of problem: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/842465

Ztruker, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

BSOD/Hard hangs when playing video games Kernel Mode Trap

1. BSOD/Hard hangs when playing video games Kernel Mode Trap - Similar Threads - BSOD Hard hangs

2. BSoD kernel trap

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    BSoD kernel trap: Everytime i insert a usb in my pc i get a kernel trap error. ive had this problem before but fixed it by updating my drivers but im on the latest update of all of my components right now and it still happens. please help submitted by /u/Doof666 [link] [comments]...
  3. BSOD Unexpected Kernel Mode Trap

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD Unexpected Kernel Mode Trap: Dump File 091419-10703-01.dmp Crash Time 9/14/2019 10:28:13 AM Bug Check String UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP Bug Check Code 0x0000007f Parameter 1 00000000`00000008 Parameter 2 ffffac00`6a896090 Parameter 3 ffffd385`1e454ff0 Parameter 4 fffff804`08ee3dab Caused By Driver...
  4. Recurrent BSOD. UNEXPECTED KERNEL MODE TRAP.

Recurrent BSOD. UNEXPECTED KERNEL MODE TRAP.: So, For a while, a few months I would say, I've been getting this kernel error thing. The thing comes and goes. Every time I fixed it by reinstalling windows from scratch, for a while the computer would work okay, then after some time the BSOD pops again. I don't know what I...
  5. unexpected kernel mode trap

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    unexpected kernel mode trap: I have trouble with the unexpected kernel mode trap for quite a while. It might began with installing Bitdefender. But I removed it and still have trouble. Most of the time it happens when in Firefox but not always. I reduced the kernel dump to 128 but the BSOD still...
  6. Unexpected Kernel Mode Trap

Unexpected Kernel Mode Trap: I have gotten UNEXPECTED KERNEL MODE TRAP errors 10 minutes in every time in normal startup. Before, my computer kept stalling when trying to sleep and then crashing. I made some changes to an intel management driver which only made it worse and now the constant crashing, but...
  7. Unexpected kernel mode trap bsod

Unexpected kernel mode trap bsod: Recently crashed with a unexpected kernel mode trap error. No hardware or software changes have been made recently. Attached is link to memory dump files and my msinfo. Any suggestions on where to start troubleshooting will be welcome. Troubleshooting files:...
  8. BSOD Unexpected Kernel Mode Trap caused by driver hal.dll

BSOD Unexpected Kernel Mode Trap caused by driver hal.dll: Hi, I've been getting this error sporadically in the last couple of months. Any help is greatly appreciated! 107007
  9. BSOD/Lockups, Unexpected Kernel Mode Trap 0x7f

BSOD/Lockups, Unexpected Kernel Mode Trap 0x7f: Hi everyone I built my PC in September 2015, full specs should be on my profile didn't have problems initially with it, the problem started about a year ago. I get freezes randomly when gaming (and only when gaming it seems), initially the PC would totally lock up with...
  10. Unexpected Kernel Mode Trap Error Message

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Unexpected Kernel Mode Trap Error Message: Every so often, about twice a month, at random times, I get this error message when I turn on my computer. I tried Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool, but got no errors found. Since it doesn't happen every time I turn on the computer (at least not yet !!), I am at a...