Windows 10: BSOD has a different stop code whenever I do a task.

Discus and support BSOD has a different stop code whenever I do a task. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I recently bought a 1070 card 4 months ago and installed it. A few weeks later, prior to the new installation of the GPU, windows did an update and few... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Darkula, Dec 2, 2016.

1. Darkula Win User

BSOD has a different stop code whenever I do a task.

I recently bought a 1070 card 4 months ago and installed it. A few weeks later, prior to the new installation of the GPU, windows did an update and few hours prior to that update, I got a BSoD. Afterwords, I soon kept getting random BSoD from either playing a game, doing animations, even watching videos online. Every time I try to figure out how to fix the stop code error, I keep getting a different one. I was hoping someone in the community can help me diagnose which driver is the cause to this.

:)

Darkula, Dec 2, 2016
  2. Cvill003 Win User

BSOD _CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT_ Error while running Virtualbox

Hello, I have been having a problem with windows 10, whenever I run Virtualbox, Windows stops then shows the BSOD with the error code _CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT_ and it is seriously annoying, can somebody help me?

Cvill003, Dec 2, 2016
  3. When starting Edge I get a screen that says there is a BSOD dll registery error code 0x80060402

BSOD: Dllregistery setting has the error code 0x80060402

Then a note to call a Microsoft certified technician with a 855-xxx-xxxx phone number ot help with the issue. I have to use task manager o quit Edge to get off the screen.

There is also a reference to a Windows Defender error code wich I cannot find in Windows defender.

This is a scam but I don't know how to get this to stop.

Ed Blackman, Dec 2, 2016
  4. lifetec Win User

In all of the last 5 dumpfiles are references to memory corruption, memory mangement, hardware etc.

Start with testing your memory.
    Memory Test.
    Please start with diagnosing the system RAM first. You can use the free tool "Memtest86+" to stress test the RAM.

How to run "Memtest"
    MemTest86+ - Test RAM - Windows 10 Forums
    Make sure you are using the latest version 5.01 - Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool

You can stop the test even if a single error is found during the test. Otherwise continue the test for 8-10 passes and post a screenshot with next reply. 8 passes is the recommended bare minimum but more passes will give better result.

If it seems you have no faulty memory, with your next reply please use the posting instruction and upload the Dm.zip.

lifetec, Dec 2, 2016
  5. Darkula Win User
    I managed to run Mem86 on the both my RAM and the slots and had no errors. Unfortunately, the USB could not save the results for some reason. Here are the dump files.

Darkula, Dec 5, 2016
  6. lifetec Win User
    You are using razer devices with drivers from 2015, there are mentioning of BSOD on systems with Razer.
    Try updating the drivers or remove/uninstall these devices and see if this stops the BSOD.

Also you have the ScpVBus Sun May 05 23:31:26 2013 driver, also known for BSODing.
    Driver Description: Scarlet.Crush Productions Scp Dual Shock 3 Virtual Bus Driver
    Driver Update Site: XInput Wrapper for DS3 and Play.com USB Dual DS2 Controller

And a few older driver belonging to some of the Asus Utilities(aka Asus Bloatware) if you use some of these, try updating too the latest versions or uninstall.

lifetec, Dec 5, 2016
  7. Darkula Win User
    I've uninstalled the drivers as you suggested, but the BSoD happened again, this time with the stop code: ATTEMPTED WRITE TO READ-ONLY MEMORY. I've also noticed that the mouse seems to take a long time to respond to a different program whenever I click on something, as well as go forward whenever I backspace on a website or folder.

Darkula, Dec 9, 2016
  8. lifetec Win User

The last dumpfiles is not really conclusive
    Code: BugCheck BE, {ffff9500395d2208, 8000000001100121, ffffa98016ff0890, a} *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for win32k.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for win32k.sys Probably caused by : memory_corruption[/quote] Usual causes:* Device driver, Memory

The razar devices have still drivers from 2015.
    Do you have a other non razer mouse/keyboard to use and test if have your system has a normal respons time.

Maybe driver verifier can find the problematic driver.
    You can enable "Driver Verifier" according to instructions from the below link.
    Driver Verifier - Enable and Disable in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Tutorials
    "Verifier" is a Microsoft's own tool to stress test third party drivers and find the buggy one. If it detects a violation, a blue screen will be created immediately and the dump will give us the name of offending driver straight forward. After enabling "Verifier" , system will be a bit slow and laggy during to the background verification process. After you got two or more blue screens, please upload the new crash dumps and we will know whether the issue is caused by third party drivers or low level hardware (a verifier enabled dump which blames Windows system files is a clear confirmation of hardware problem).
    "Verifier" should be only used to monitor third party drivers. Selecting Microsoft system drivers is totally unnecessary and doing so may make the system non bootable.
    Additional:
    First read instructions from the below link and set "Windows" to write "Small Memory dumps".
    SetMiniDump

lifetec, Dec 9, 2016
  9. Darkula Win User
    Here are the new dumps after having driver verifier on. Hope I did this correctly.

Darkula, Dec 10, 2016
  10. lifetec Win User
    Unfortunaly the last dumpfiles are not driver verifier enabled dumpfiles but normal dumpfiles.

The last one is
    Code: BugCheck 4E, {99, 5bda77, 2, 60005f0005f2cf6} Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+4bc5e ) Followup: MachineOwner --------- 2: kd> !analyze -v ******************************************************************************* * * * Bugcheck Analysis * * * ******************************************************************************* PFN_LIST_CORRUPT (4e) Typically caused by drivers passing bad memory descriptor lists (ie: calling MmUnlockPages twice with the same list, etc). If a kernel debugger is available get the stack trace. Arguments: Arg1: 0000000000000099, A PTE or PFN is corrupt Arg2: 00000000005bda77, page frame number Arg3: 0000000000000002, current page state Arg4: 060005f0005f2cf6, 0[/quote] Has your SSD the latest firmware and/or drivers installed.

Please update these drivers
    asstahci64 Thu Nov 12 08:33:00 2015
    Driver Description: Asmedia 106x SATA Host Controller Driver
    Driver Update Site: ASMedia Technology Inc. 祥碩科技
    or -
    http://alldrivers.****.net/news/asmedia_drivers/1-0-17

SamsungRapidDiskFltr Fri Sep 04 08:36:11 2015 (55E93BDB)
    SamsungRapidFSFltr Fri Sep 04 08:36:14 2015
    Driver Description: Samsung RAPID Mode Disk Filter driver
    Driver Update Site: Download Center: Download Software, Firmware, Drivers & Manuals | Samsung

First look on the supportpage of your mobo.

Next steps
    Test your harddrives
    Run driververifier again.

lifetec, Dec 10, 2016
  11. Darkula Win User
    Sorry for the late reply, work has been busy. Anyways, I ran the driver verifier and came to a stop code called driver verifier IOManager violation. Did I do it incorrectly? Also, I downloaded the latest SATA Host driver and have the latest firmware on my SSD, although the SSD does not have any driver updates to download.

Darkula, Dec 13, 2016
  12. lifetec Win User
    The driver verifier dump is.
    Code: BugCheck C9, {21f, fffff8076de7b174, ffffe60d58094dc0, 0} Unable to load image ScpVBus.sys, Win32 error 0n2 *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for ScpVBus.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for ScpVBus.sys Probably caused by : ScpVBus.sys ( ScpVBus+b174 ) Followup: MachineOwner --------- 2: kd> !analyze -v ******************************************************************************* * * * Bugcheck Analysis * * * ******************************************************************************* DRIVER_VERIFIER_IOMANAGER_VIOLATION (c9) The IO manager has caught a misbehaving driver. Arguments: Arg1: 000000000000021f, A driver has not filled out a dispatch routine for a required IRP major function. Arg2: fffff8076de7b174, The address in the driver's code where the error was detected. Arg3: ffffe60d58094dc0, IRP address. Arg4: 0000000000000000[/quote] Timestamp: Sun May 05 23:31:26 2013 (5186CFAE)

I pointed already in post 4 to this driver
    If there are no new windows 10 compatible driver remove it.

lifetec, Dec 13, 2016
  13. Darkula Win User

Sorry for the late reply again, internet was out for two weeks. I've deleted all the razer drivers I've had and deleted the ScpVBus. Ran the verifier when I lost my internet, had no issues whatsoever. I ran it when I had it back and I got a BSoD. I'm now having an issue where as soon as my computer starts up in in any of my accounts, I get an immediate BSoD.

Darkula, Jan 1, 2017
  14. lifetec Win User
    The last dumpfile is
    Code: BugCheck 1A, {403, fffff73ffb1d2c70, 9f7000049722e867, 0} Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+4bc7d ) Followup: MachineOwner --------- 2: kd> !analyze -v ******************************************************************************* * * * Bugcheck Analysis * * * ******************************************************************************* MEMORY_MANAGEMENT (1a) # Any other values for parameter 1 must be individually examined. Arguments: Arg1: 0000000000000403, The subtype of the bugcheck. Arg2: fffff73ffb1d2c70 Arg3: 9f7000049722e867 Arg4: 0000000000000000 Debugging Details: ------------------ DUMP_FILE_ATTRIBUTES: 0x8 Kernel Generated Triage Dump BUGCHECK_STR: 0x1a_403 CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1 DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: WIN8_DRIVER_FAULT PROCESS_NAME: XCom2.exe[/quote] You are running the system with 4gb and 8 gb RAM modules.
    As a test run your system with only the 2 8gb modules.

lifetec, Jan 1, 2017
  15. Darkula Win User
    Used the two 8gb as you suggested and ran into the problem again.

Darkula, Jan 3, 2017
Thema:

1. BSOD has a different stop code whenever I do a task. - Similar Threads - BSOD has different

2. Multiple BSODs with different stop codes?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple BSODs with different stop codes?: I have a relatively new PC, but keep getting random blue screens with a different driver and stop code each time. I can't narrow down the source. Windows 11 is updated to 22H2 and I have installed drivers to their latest version as well as the BIOS firmware. Here are a few of...
  3. Multiple BSODs with different stop codes?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multiple BSODs with different stop codes?: I have a relatively new PC, but keep getting random blue screens with a different driver and stop code each time. I can't narrow down the source. Windows 11 is updated to 22H2 and I have installed drivers to their latest version as well as the BIOS firmware. Here are a few of...
  4. Sporadic BSOD with different stop codes.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sporadic BSOD with different stop codes.: Hello, I've been encountering several different BSOD stops codes for the last few months and I was hoping to get my log files looked at. I'm running the latest Windows 10 - RTX 4090 - i9-13900k - 64GB RAM and an ASUS Pro Art Z690-Creator MOBO. Latest BSOD: Thanks in...
  5. BSOD loop with different stop codes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD loop with different stop codes: Hello, I've just finished building my pc and ran into BSOD. The first time I turned it on, everything works fine. I installed windows and some drivers, and nothing weird happened. However, today, when I turned it on to start really using it, I got the BSOD loop, and it loops...
  6. BSOD loop with different stop codes

BSOD loop with different stop codes: Hello, I've just finished building my pc and ran into BSOD. The first time I turned it on, everything works fine. I installed windows and some drivers, and nothing weird happened. However, today, when I turned it on to start really using it, I got the BSOD loop, and it loops...
  7. Frequent BSODs with different stop codes

Frequent BSODs with different stop codes: I've been having trouble with BSOD over a couple of months and today I decided to try a clean install of my pc. it was fine at first but like an hour after I had downloaded some apps - Avast Antivirus, Malwarebytes, Blue Screen Viewer, Mega.nz, Nvidia GeForce Experience,...
  8. Random BSOD with different stop codes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random BSOD with different stop codes: Hi,I'm having random BSOD crashes and I cannot figure out the problem. I updated my drivers but still no dice. Any help is appreciated!Crash Dumps: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnEZiUdgnqUIgl2P5UWjGU899uUm?e=wsmVyI...
  9. BSOD with different stop codes

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    BSOD with different stop codes: Hello, I was using an old version of Windows 10 and keeps getting a lot of BSODs .. Sometimes the stopcode was page_fault_in_non_paged_area and sometimes kernel_security_check_faliure and other times pfn_list_corrupt. I thought it was from the version of Windows is old or a...
  10. BSOD different stop codes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD different stop codes: Hello, I built my new pc like 6 weeks ago and everything ran smooth until it randomly started to freeze. It froze 2-4 times in the last 1-2 weeks. Now its a constant BSOD with different error codes even at startup. All my research from these codes tells me that it could be...