Windows 10: BSoD has Incapacitated Computer - Cannot Reboot

Discus and support BSoD has Incapacitated Computer - Cannot Reboot in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I cannot reboot my Dell Computer, and I have disconnected it. I am now using a different computer. Is there a way for me to salvage the BSoD... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Writer, Dec 28, 2017.

1. Writer Win User

BSoD has Incapacitated Computer - Cannot Reboot

I cannot reboot my Dell Computer, and I have disconnected it. I am now using a different computer.
    Is there a way for me to salvage the BSoD incapacitated computer? As soon as I turn it on, I get BSoDs

I receive the general error code: 0xc0000017

I get other error comments:

IQRL Not Less or Equal
    System Thread Exception not Handled
    PFN List Corrupt
    Boot mgr Image is Corrupt
    Memory Management
    Fault in Non-Paged Area
    Unexpected Store Exception
    Kmode Exception Not Handled
    DPC Watchdog Violation

When the computer was intermittently functioning, I would often get "Not Responding" shutdowns for a few seconds. Sometimes the screen would go completely blank, and I would have to unplug it and restart it.

Thanks for any help

:)

Writer, Dec 28, 2017

2. Windows 10 upgrade = No startup, No automatic repair, no restore point, no repair disc, no previous build, no diagnose, no Startup Setting options

Overnight upgrade has thoroughly incapacitated my computer.

I have options for all of the Advanced Options above, none help.

Is there a command prompt entry that will help?

I really hope that I have not lost everything.

-Dave

David Wynn1, Dec 28, 2017
  3. BSOD - The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck

What is your computer make and model? If not a branded computer what is your motherboard make and model?

Please download and run Driver View and upload a copy of the report it produces to your OneDrive. To get a report on all drivers select Edit, Select All followed by File, Save Selected Items. Text file format please, HTML files are less easy
    to work with.

DriverView: Loaded Windows Drivers List

Please provide a copy of your System Information file. To access your System Information file select the keyboard shortcut
    Win+R, type msinfo32 and press the ENTER
    key. Select File, Export and give the file a name noting where it is located.
    Do not place the cursor within the body of the report before exporting the file. The system creates a new System Information file each time system information is accessed. You need to allow a minute or two for
    the file to be fully populated before exporting a copy. Please upload the file to your OneDrive, share with everyone and post a link here.

For help with OneDrive see paragraph 9.3:

gerrys template

Gerry C J Cornell, Dec 28, 2017
  4. Ztruker Win User

You can try using bootrec from the Command Prompt of a Windows 10 Installation Disc/Flash drive, see if that allows you to boot.

Do you have a Windows 10 install disc or flash drive? If not: Windows 10 ISO download

I recommend creating a flash drive to boot from but you you can create a DVD if necessary.

Boot the flash drive or DVD. Start the install.

1. Select Troubleshoot then Advanced Options and lastly Command Prompt.

2. In the Command Prompt window, enter the following lines and press Enter after each line:

bootrec.exe /scanos
    bootrec.exe /rebuildbcd
    bootrec.exe /fixmbr
    bootrec.exe /fixboot

Exit the install and reboot. See if that resolves your boot problem.

Ztruker, Dec 28, 2017
  5. Writer Win User
    Thanks for the suggestion Ztruker.

I have Windows 7 Professional on the computer I am now using. Is Windows 7 compatible with what you are suggesting? Do I have to have Windows 10 on the computer I am currently using in order to download the Windows 10 ISO you suggest?

I have an empty Flash Drive and USB Ports.

Which of the Options below would you recommend? They come from the "Window 10 ISO Download" you suggested.

•Option One: To Download Windows 10 Home or Pro ISO using Media Creation Tool
    •Option Two: To Download Windows 10 Education ISO using Media Creation Tool
    •Option Three: To Directly Download Windows 10 ISO from Microsoft
    •Option Four: To Directly Download Windows 10 Insider Preview ISO from Microsoft

Writer, Dec 28, 2017
  6. Ztruker Win User
    You can download with the Windows 7 computer.

I'd go with Option Three: To Directly Download Windows 10 ISO from Microsoft

Ztruker, Dec 29, 2017
  7. Worth running a Hard Drive test just incase *Smile

kingtez1984, Dec 29, 2017
  8. Writer Win User

Thanks for the follow-up, Ztruker.

I just found out that the Flash Drive has to be 8GB. I'll have to go shopping.

The following website gave me that information:

Download Windows 10

For Kingtez1984:

I've never run a Hard drive Test. I'd probably have to be able to boot the computer before doing that.

Writer, Dec 29, 2017
  9. Ztruker Win User
    It should fit on a 4GB drive since it will still fit on a single layer DVD. Try it, nothing to lose.
    I use 16GB or 32GB since that's all I have any more.

Edit: Nope, will not fit on a 4GB flash drive any more, just tried it.
    Edit#2: Yes it will. I had a bad 4GB flash drive.

Ztruker, Dec 29, 2017
  10. Writer Win User
    For Ztruker:

I bought a 16GB Flash Drive at Office Depot in St. Petersburg, FL for $5.34. I downloaded Windows 10, 32 bit; it took about 5 hours to download. It registers only 2.73 GB. I have a telephone-line DSL provider.

I connected the Dell BSoD computer, and plugged in the Flash Drive to a USB Port, and it still does not reboot. It only shows the Dell Logo; 745 Series Dell, and Bios Revision 2.6.6 From here it usually goes to a BSoD screen and then freezes up.

I'm not sure what the File Allocation Table is for the BSoD computer. Could it possibly be an FAT 64 bit?

It's a Dell PC; the Serial Number is 4T97CD1; the model number is DCNE; it was manufactured on 07-25-2007

Writer, Dec 30, 2017
  11. zbook New Member
    Each computer manufacturer has a keyboard key to boot to a device:
    List of PC brands with their corresponding hot-keys
    If it is a custom computer you will need to temporarily change the BIOS boot order so that the USB drive is on top.
    For Dell power on the computer and repetitively click the F12 key and select external USB hard drive.
    If it does not boot to the external USB hard drive using the F12 key then temporarily change the bios boot order.
    If that does not work there are additional troubleshooting steps in the BIOS.

zbook, Dec 30, 2017
  12. Ztruker Win User
    May be a EFI/GPT system.

Why did you download the 32 bit version? That Dell is almost certainly a 64 bit system running a 64 bit version of Windows 10.

Anyway, try creating the flash drive for EFI/GPT using Rufus. I know you can do it manually but I don't have the instructions and why bother when Rufus will do it for you. You have the ISO, right? Insert the flash drive then run Rufus 2.18 (current version).

BSoD has Incapacitated Computer - Cannot Reboot [​IMG]

First browse for the ISO file, then select GPT partition scheme for UEFI. Must do it in that order. Once that completes, insert it in the Dell then power it up. Press F12 as soon as you see that option at the bottom right of the screen. That should bring up the Boot Options menu. Select the Flash drive from the menu and you should be able to boot into the Windows 10 installation.

Again though, why did you download the 32 bit Windows 10? Your Dell almost certainly has 63 bit Windows 10 on it.

Ztruker, Dec 30, 2017
  13. Ztruker Win User

Never a good idea with USB as you can end up in a boot loop or boot to the USB flash drive at the wrong time and never complete the install. Dell uses F12.

Ztruker, Dec 30, 2017
  14. zbook New Member
  15. Writer Win User
    For Zbook:
    The F12 key is the "hot key." I highlighted the USB Device and pressed Enter, but nothing happened. Perhaps it's because I need to have the 64 bit version of the Windows Tool.

For Ztruker:
    I downloaded the 32 bit version of the Windows Tool because the computer is ten years old. Additionally, since I can't boot it, I could not check to see if it was a 32 or 64 bit. Added to that, I'm not a Techie. I didn't grow up in the computer generation; I'm 75 years old, and I am challenged just keeping up with the terminology.

Regarding downloading Rufus 2.18: Malwarebytes Antimalware keeps deleting what I try to download.

Perhaps I should download the 64 bit version of the Windows 10 Tool. A question here is whether I can download it to the same Lexar Flash Drive. If not, I can buy another one on Tuesday and then give that a try.

Thanks for your suggestions.

Writer, Dec 31, 2017
Thema:

1. BSoD has Incapacitated Computer - Cannot Reboot - Similar Threads - BSoD has Incapacitated

2. "The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck" causing BSOD and reboot.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck" causing BSOD and reboot.: I've tried reinstalled my newest piece of hardware drivers and reinstalling. I've reset my PC through the recovery option. Not sure why this keeps happening so i'm here to try and get some answers. It only seems to happen when downloading something for more than about 3...
  3. BSOD - The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD - The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck.: I intermittently get BSOD's and tend to lose hours and hours of digital artwork, research etc and i need to find out the cause before i snap.Sometimes it will be fine for weeks or months then I will get 1-20 BSODs in a day or week.The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck....
  4. BSOD - The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck.

BSOD - The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck.: Hello, I recently experienced a computer crash with the description "The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000003b 0x00000000c0000005, 0xfffff800431ff132, 0xffffb5009c078920, 0x0000000000000000. A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id:...
  5. BSOD. The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck.

BSOD. The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck.: So i was playing a game with a friend and unsurprisingly to us, my pc blue screened for what seems to be the 1000th time, its always very specific in the games it does this and just so happens to be the ones we like to actively play.I checked the event log and had a critical...
  6. BSOD - The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD - The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck.: i've been receiving some erros and BSOD, The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000007f 0x0000000000000008, 0xffff8401120c0e70, 0xffffe18acb7eaf70, 0xfffff8050f8860bf. A dump was saved in: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id:...
  7. BSOD and the computer has rebooted..

BSOD and the computer has rebooted..: Hi , This happens often and i know have 147 windows error - event log help!!!!! the most recent was : The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000003b 0x00000000c0000005, 0xfffff8030575fabf, 0xfffff282e17146a0, 0x0000000000000000. A dump was saved...
  8. BSOD and 'The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. '

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BSOD and 'The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. ': Hey, My home machine is occasionally blue screening, I noticed the timing this morning and managed to catch the .dmp file from a failure I had at about 6am: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ysmfwfcfc7fv88r/050620-9062-01.dmp?dl=0 After following some other threads on here...
  9. BSOD: The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck.

BSOD: The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck.: I was playing league of legends, suddenly BSOD, I checked Event Viwer and got this. "The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000000a 0x0000000000001a60, 0x0000000000000002, 0x0000000000000001, 0xfffff803684b3d78. A dump was saved in:...
  10. BSOD The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    BSOD The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck.: The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000001a 0x0000000000061941, 0x000000000c8f72e8, 0x000000000000000d, 0xfffffc0484a0db00. A dump was saved in: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: f7421f2d-0d85-4b04-942f-e5db655bbb1d. Computer keeps randomly...