Windows 10: BSOD HDAudBus.sys, ntoskrnl.exe, storport.sys while playing games

Discus and support BSOD HDAudBus.sys, ntoskrnl.exe, storport.sys while playing games in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I have been trying for two or three weeks to fix this problem but so far no luck, so any help is appreciated. I generally only get a BSOD when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Drazlok, Aug 3, 2016.

1. Drazlok Win User

BSOD HDAudBus.sys, ntoskrnl.exe, storport.sys while playing games

Hello, I have been trying for two or three weeks to fix this problem but so far no luck, so any help is appreciated. I generally only get a BSOD when I'm playing games, but I've had a very small amount when not playing anything. I ran memtest86 7 times overnight and I got zero errors, and since everything I've looked up pointed to a driver issue I've tried updating everything I could find to update. My first thought was it is an audio issue because for the past month I often get a crackling sound from any audio playing, but every audio driver I've tried doesn't fix anything for long.

I then thought it might have been a graphics card issue so after updating and uninstalling/reinstalling the drivers I tried swapping my R9 270x out for my old amd hd 6850 and the crackling went away and I stopped crashing for 3-4 days. I tried running one of those Furmark burn tests on each of the cards and the 270x crashed every time about 3 minutes in and the 6850 went for 30 minutes fine. Since I wanted to upgrade my card anyways I got a geforce gtx 1060. For about 4-5 hours of gaming I had no problems but then crackling audio came back and so did the crashing.

For the first time last night when it actually let me update the Realtek audio drivers it sounded perfectly clear and I stopped crashing. Then when I turned it on again after work the crackling is back and so is the crashing.

:)

Drazlok, Aug 3, 2016
  2. mrdoosey Win User

BSOD Kernel_Security_check_Failure

Hi All Im having BSODs at least 3 times a day an anyone shed any light please?

according to minidump its caused by this...

ntoskrnl.exe+142760

and this...

storport.sys+372a

Thanks

A

mrdoosey, Aug 3, 2016
  3. M4rc1 Win User
    BSOD ntoskrnl.exe+142480, 0x00000101, did test: DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION (avc3.sys)

While last reply I had 3 more BSODS, 3 more .dmps.

All of them were while playing like before.

All of them with those causes:

0x00000101

ntoskrnl.exe+142480

The "0x00000124, ntoskrnl.exe" which I had once in that time seems to be unique.

Done things:

No BSOD

-prime95 4hours

-3dMark Benchmarks

Still BSOD

-deinstalled bitdefender

-deinstalled gigabyte center software with components (oc software etc.)

-installed old nvidia driver

-set ram profile from xmp (3000) to normal 2133

M4rc1, Aug 3, 2016
  4. axe0 New Member

Hi Drazlok,

Welcome to the 10forums *Smile

Please remove Avast and use Windows Defender as alternative.

BSOD HDAudBus.sys, ntoskrnl.exe, storport.sys while playing games [​IMG]
    Warning Programs that claim to update your drivers install either the wrong or corrupted drivers.
    If you have installed any driver with Driver Booster 3, please remove them as it may cause trouble.
    An easy way to get remove these drivers is by using a restore point prior the installation.

Diagnostic Test
    RAM TEST

Run MemTest86+ - Test RAM - Windows 10 Forums

Note

MemTest86+ needs to be run for at least 8 complete passes for conclusive results. Set it running before you go to bed and leave it overnight. We're looking for zero errors here. Even a single error will indicate RAM failure.

Make a photo of the result and post it.

Addition:
    If errors show up you can stop the test, remove all sticks but 1 and test this single stick in each slot for 8 passes or until errors show, switch sticks and repeat.
    If errors show up and you see them a lot later, no problem, the errors don't affect the test.

axe0, Aug 3, 2016
  5. Drazlok Win User
    I have removed Avast and have Windows Defender on now. I have also done a system restore to before driver booster or anything like that installed stuff. I'll run memtest86 again over night and post a picture in the morning.

Drazlok, Aug 4, 2016
  6. Drazlok Win User
    Well it was only at 7 passes when I had to go to work, so I left it on then too, no errors after 14 passes. I've attached a picture of it as well like asked.

Attachment 94376

Drazlok, Aug 5, 2016
  7. axe0 New Member
    axe0, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. BSOD HDAudBus.sys, ntoskrnl.exe, storport.sys while playing games - Similar Threads - BSOD HDAudBus sys

2. Storport sys problem and bad system problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Storport sys problem and bad system problem: Started with a storport.sys problem. Got to ressett pc it worked for 1 week and then bad problem, tried resetting pc, not allowed, tried full reset of pc, not allowed, got into bootrec, did not find or wrong , going in a loop bad system config , automatic repair, How do i...
  3. BSOD playing Overwatch, error L1C63x64.sys

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD playing Overwatch, error L1C63x64.sys: Hi all, I have been experiencing this BSOD: Driver IRQL Not Less or Equal, L1C63x64.sys for a few months now. When it happens, it is only when I am in the middle of gaming (Overwatch). After some research, I see that there are many of the same problems with my ethernet...
  4. BSOD L1C63x64.sys

BSOD L1C63x64.sys: Heya guys, this is my first post here *Smile. I just had like 3 or 4 BSODs in these last two days, never had any. I just updated my Atheros 8151 PCI-e driver from Network adapter->properties->update driver. I'm not sure if it is the cause, so I used the tool and attached...
  5. BSOD while downloading files, L1C63x64.sys

BSOD while downloading files, L1C63x64.sys: Hello, Have tried finding a solution on the internet but so far no luck.. I keep getting BSOD when downloading (and only when downloading) files. I have attached the dump files. Everything seems to point at my network adapter driver. Which is from Atheros. Alas they do...
  6. BSOD While Streaming, L1C63x64.sys Error

BSOD While Streaming, L1C63x64.sys Error: Lately whenever I stream I end up getting a Blue Screen am an hour or so in. I've narrowed it down to my qualcomm atheros ar8151 pci-e gigabit ethernet controller (ndis 6.30) Network Driver. I've updated it when Windows said I had the current drivers (of course) to ver....
  7. BSOD while gaming VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE (igdkmd64.sys)

BSOD while gaming VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE (igdkmd64.sys): I've been getting BSODs regularly while gaming since I upgraded to Windows 10. The error is VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE (igdkmd64.sys). I'm using Intel HD 4600 integrated graphics chipset and I've already updated the drivers to the latest from the Intel site. Searching around the...
  8. wdf01000.sys BSOD

wdf01000.sys BSOD: Hey, this is more of a question. My keyboard has been malfunctioning due to liquid damage, so to disable it I installed an incompatible keyboard/touchpad driver intentionally. The day after, I've been getting wdf01000.sys BSOD errors during startup, which brings me to a...
  9. BSOD while gaming - wdf01000.sys

BSOD while gaming - wdf01000.sys: Hi gents, I have created an account here to ask for some assistance because I am at wit's end with my BSOD issues. Early January 2018 my PC started acting up and BSODing like a wild savage while gaming. MemTest, OCCT all passed just fine so I moved from a hardware to a...
  10. BSOD while using the internet. error (L1C63x64.sys)

BSOD while using the internet. error (L1C63x64.sys): Hello When using my vpn I get the BSOD. Driver_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL(L1C63x64.sys) My cpu says it is the Qualcomm Atheros Network driver, I made sure it was updated still happens. I would appreciate if someone can look at the log posted below I am lost at the moment...