Windows 10: BSOD iaStorA / ntoskrnl.exe+142480

Discus and support BSOD iaStorA / ntoskrnl.exe+142480 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I am consistently getting a BSOD once a day with my machine. I've tried as many things as I could and can't seem to get it solved. System is a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by raven42, Feb 19, 2016.

1. raven42 Win User

BSOD iaStorA / ntoskrnl.exe+142480

Hello,
    I am consistently getting a BSOD once a day with my machine. I've tried as many things as I could and can't seem to get it solved. System is a Alienware 15 R2, I swapped the 1TB HGST drive for a Samsung 850 EVO 2TB at the user drive. Main OS drive is factory installed Samsung PM951 NVMe. Most of the crashes seem to be related to the Intel Rapid Storage Driver. I am running the latest I was able to find (14.6.1.1030) which was downloaded from the Dell website. Note: I am also using the Alienware external graphics amplifier with a 780 Ti in there.

Steps done so far.
    Ran memset86 single core and full parallel core. 4/4 passes with no errors.
    Ran sfc /scannow - originally found error with opencl.dll. Even the recovery version was corrupted.
    Used Dism /Mount-Wim /WimFile... with win 10 ISO from microsoft
    Then Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth ... to restore the recovery
    Then sfc /scannow again to repair. Complete repair successfully, rebooted, next scan showed no errors.
    I've tried to update as many drivers as I can find. All seem up to date as best as I can figure out.

Here is the link to the log collection.

Any help would be appreciated.

:)

raven42, Feb 19, 2016
  2. M4rc1 Win User

BSOD ntoskrnl.exe+142480, 0x00000101, did test: DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION (avc3.sys)

While last reply I had 3 more BSODS, 3 more .dmps.

All of them were while playing like before.

All of them with those causes:

0x00000101

ntoskrnl.exe+142480

The "0x00000124, ntoskrnl.exe" which I had once in that time seems to be unique.

Done things:

No BSOD

-prime95 4hours

-3dMark Benchmarks

Still BSOD

-deinstalled bitdefender

-deinstalled gigabyte center software with components (oc software etc.)

-installed old nvidia driver

-set ram profile from xmp (3000) to normal 2133

M4rc1, Feb 19, 2016
  3. BSOD ntoskrnl.exe+142480, 0x00000101, did test: DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION (avc3.sys)

We need the new DMP files.

Both BCC101 and BCC124 are hardware related.

are you overclocking anything besides the ram??

All of them with those causes:

0x00000101

ntoskrnl.exe+142480

The "0x00000124, ntoskrnl.exe"

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), Feb 19, 2016
  4. lifetec Win User

Your virtual clone software is from 2014 upgrade to a windows 10 compatible version or remove the virtual drive to see if this stops the BSOD.

Also did you update to the latest drivers/firmware of your Samsung Disk Devices.

lifetec, Feb 20, 2016
  5. ARC
    Arc Win User
    +1. No VirtualClone thing is needed in windows 10 At all. See, I have only one physical DVD Drive.Attachment 65401I have no such software installed. Now, If I double click on an ISO, say Seatools for DOS ISO image, it happens.Attachment 65402Dont hesitate to uninstall Virtual Clone. You dont need it. Moreover, such programs are of high BSOD potentiality.

Also, let us know ... is RAID a must for you?

6. raven42 Win User
    Thanks. I'll give that a shot and let you know how it goes.

raven42, Feb 20, 2016
  7. I'll link myself in here as well since I have the same error message every now and then - keep us updated and good luck!

EUWDIAMOND, Feb 20, 2016
  8. ARC
    Arc Win User

Probably you overlooked this part:
    Answer to this question might be extremely important.

9. raven42 Win User
    Uninstalled Virtual Drive and still got a BSOD. Here is the latest log collection. Checked the firmware on the SSDs, the 850 was out of date, but I've updated that now too, so I'll keep an eye on it again. The 951 NVMe was acting weird though. The Samsung Magician software wouldn't recognize the drive properly. It had the name or the drive in byte-reversed order. The Intel Rapid Store program could recognize it fine though. See the following screen shots.

Samsung Magician
    Intel RST

Regarding RAID, no I don't need raid. The BIOS came with raid mode activated on the controller. Before doing any other setup, I tried to switch to AHCI mode, but then it couldn't even see the drives (though maybe I did something wrong). I can try again, but will that mean I need to reinstall everything on the OS drive?

Thanks again for the help.

raven42, Feb 21, 2016
  10. ARC
    Arc Win User
    Expected and that is why I was asking you the question.

Most of us dont need RAID. But unfortunately we keep it. Yes, RAID is the source of the issue (if not the disk hardware).
    Code: BugCheck D1, {ffffd0002f136000, 2, 1, fffff801df8490a7} *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for iaStorA.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for iaStorA.sys Probably caused by : iaStorA.sys ( iaStorA+c90a7 ) Followup: MachineOwner ---------[/quote] Code: BugCheck 19, {20, ffffe0018a5e0340, ffffe0018a5e0400, c0c0002} Probably caused by : disk.sys ( disk!DiskDeviceControl+8f ) Followup: MachineOwner ---------[/quote] Code: Name Intel Chipset SATA RAID Controller Driver c:\windows\system32\drivers\iastora.sys (14.6.1.1030, 1.40 MB (1,464,752 bytes), 2/1/2016 1:45 PM)[/quote] To get rid of this issue permanently, it will be the best to disable RAID in the BIOS, disable, Intel Rapid Storage and Intel Smart Response. Activate AHCI, and perform a clean reinstall.

Yes, a clean reinstall will be required, because windows can boot only on the storage controller on which it was originally installed.

You may think the Clean Reinstall as the last resort. No problem. Go to Product Support | Dell US
    ... use your Service Tag, and install all the offered driver updates (Including the BIOS update)
    Then see how it goes. If the same issue persists even after the driver update, there will be only one option left, that is the first option.

11. raven42 Win User
    Ok thanks for the reply Arc. Looks like I'll be busy tomorrow night. I'll let you know how it goes.

raven42, Feb 21, 2016
  12. raven42 Win User
    Hmm... maybe I won't need to reinstall under AHCI. Going 24 hours now without a crash (first time it has run this long without failure). Last thing I did was upgrade the 850 EVO firmware to the latest. Will continue to monitor for the next couple days and then might be able to mark this one as solved.

raven42, Feb 22, 2016
  13. ARC
    Arc Win User

Keep us posted, because if it goes right then it will add a new concept. Frankly speaking, I have never seen that a SSD firmware caused a 0xD1 issue. Technically 0xD1 ones are driver related, and SSD firmware errors with different bugchecks.

So will wait to see your experience eagerly. All the best.

14. raven42 Win User
    Ok... it appears I was just getting lucky. I did get another BSOD. I am just now finishing the reinstall under AHCI mode. Will keep this thread posted with any updates.

raven42, Feb 22, 2016
  15. raven42 Win User
    Been stable for 3 days now after switching to AHCI mode. Marking this as solved. Thanks again for the help.

raven42, Feb 26, 2016
Thema:

1. BSOD iaStorA / ntoskrnl.exe+142480 - Similar Threads - BSOD iaStorA ntoskrnl

2. ntoskrnl bsod

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ntoskrnl bsod: My pc has been bsod-ing for 2-3 years now and i recently decided to try and fix it. I use bluescreen view and always see that the bsods are always caused by ntoskrnl.exe. heres all of the stuff ive to try and fix it.Used 1 8gb ram stick at a timeused different ram slotsused...
  3. ntoskrnl BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ntoskrnl BSOD: Hello, I have quite a persistent problem here.I often get BSOD or straight out system restarts the latter don't have any trace in minidump. In the past few days, they were too recurrent and got to a point where I had to reinstall Windows because my laptop actually got slowed...
  4. ntoskrnl BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ntoskrnl BSOD: Hello, I have quite a persistent problem here.I often get BSOD or straight out system restarts the latter don't have any trace in minidump. In the past few days, they were too recurrent and got to a point where I had to reinstall Windows because my laptop actually got slowed...
  5. BSOD Minidump shows page_faul ntoskrnl..exe

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD Minidump shows page_faul ntoskrnl..exe: KUKutter_UKFirstly, I would like to say that I am posting this again because after having an instant reply from an 'Andrew', and posting my dmp files as requested on July 24th I haven't heard anything back since! I have responded a couple of times but nothing is happening to...
  6. BSOD Minidump shows page_faul ntoskrnl..exe

BSOD Minidump shows page_faul ntoskrnl..exe: Hi there, My new machine around 8 months old now runs perfectly most of the time. Uptime 3 - 6 weeks at a time. NO issues at all - I am a heavy PC user: Gaming, Audio Work and some 3D modelling, so my machine goes through its paces.Every now and then on boot, I get the error...
  7. BSOD ntoskrnl..exe

BSOD ntoskrnl..exe: My computer has crashed a few times often when i play games. I bought more ram because i thought that it was the issue but it didn't help. It did work a few days but then the crashes came back. After that i fixed the BSOD´s by lowering the graphics and the resolution on the...
  8. BSOD ntoskrnl..exe+1b35e0

BSOD ntoskrnl..exe+1b35e0: Help. Getting 4-5 of these a day. Running latest Windows 10 Pro, Xibo signboard, Docker with Xibo server. Always the same 'Caused By Address'. Put in new memory, ran memory test, no errors, all drivers up to date. Change disk type to AHCA, made sure windows driver was...
  9. BSOD ntoskrnl+ 142480

BSOD ntoskrnl+ 142480: Hi *Smile I have problem with BSOD ntoskrnl+ 142480 . previously I used windows 8.1 and got BSOD ntoskrnl+ 142480, and maybe if I change the OS to Windows 10 the problem will be solved but not . I have update all driver but still got bsod . Please help me *Sad I...
  10. Bsod ntoskrnl

Bsod ntoskrnl: Hi guys, Any help would be massively appreciated. My computer is BSOD at least two times a day. As far as I can tell, all drivers are up to date including Nvidia. Could somebody take a look at the attached and let me know if you find anything? I've ran a system check...
Tags: