Windows 10: BSOD - I'm very frustrated

Discus and support BSOD - I'm very frustrated in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Good evening to you all, One week ago I "upgraded" my RAM to enable processing with Agisoft PhotoScan Crucial Ballistix Sport 32GB (4 x 8GB)... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Heartbroken, May 17, 2016.

1. BSOD - I'm very frustrated

Good evening to you all,

One week ago I "upgraded" my RAM to enable processing with Agisoft PhotoScan

Crucial Ballistix Sport 32GB (4 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model BLS4KIT8G3D1609DS1S00 - http://www.newegg.com/global/au/Prod...82E16820148666

Ever since I've had numerous BSOD issues and I'm struggling to identify and fix the problem. My old RAM setup (1 x Kingston 8GB module) worked flawlessly and if I didn't need to update the system I would've left it alone. All my inquiries have indicated that my new RAM modules are compatible with my other components, but obviously there are other issues that I simply don't understand.

My wife has made passing remarks that I need to spend more time with her instead of "swearing at that "#$@&... computer". As you can see, I need your help!

Memtest shows zero errors on each module (tested individually and collectively)

I've just done a clean install of Windows so you'll see there's only one dump file. I'm not going to wait for the next BSOD just to provide you with another one!

UPDATE: Make that two now *Mad

Attachment 80430

:)

Heartbroken, May 17, 2016
  2. Justikar Win User

Video TDR Failure (NVLDDMKM.SYS) on windows 10

I'm getting the BSOD with the exact same error code while transferring files from one internal hard drive to another. Very frustrating.

Justikar, May 17, 2016
  3. TomZacher Win User
    Crash Log Help

I've had a few BSOD crashes recently and it's become very frustrating.. Can anyone take a look at the help logs and help me out?

Dropbox - Crash Logs.zip

TomZacher, May 17, 2016
  4. axe0 New Member

BSOD - I'm very frustrated

Hi Heartbroken,

Welcome to the 10forums *Smile

What memory test did you run & for how long/many passes?

5. Thanks for your reply. This forum is excellent! *Smile

MemTest86
    8 passes each stick - zero errors
    6 passes collectively - zero errors

The RAM was purchased as a 4-kit.

Heartbroken, May 18, 2016
  6. lifetec Win User
    Both dumpfiles mention memory corruption.
    But in one in the procesname is mentioned Nsbu.exe.
    This is part of symentec .

And in your eventviewer i found this
    Bhdrv64.sys is also from symentec.

In your unloaded modules this:
    Both drivers are also from symentec.

In your driverlist:
    ccSetx64 Mon Aug 18 21:33:11 2014
    SRTSPX64 Tue Aug 26 08:36:42 2014
    SYMEVENT64x86 Mon Jan 19 23:43:56 2015
    These are all older drivers from symentec, but there are also drivers from 2016.
    Are you running 2 different symentec programs at the same time.
    Or there could be some corruption.
    I would uninstall all symentec programs with symentec/Norton removal tool and reinstall your programs.

lifetec, May 18, 2016
  7. Thank you for your help!

The dual Symantec driver issue makes perfect sense. Just prior to my latest BSOD I upgraded "Norton Internet Security to "Norton Security". I also run "Norton Family". I suspect that I've simply installed Norton Security "over the top" of Norton Internet Security" without actually uninstalling it from my second hard drive (which was not wiped when I did the clean install of Windows). I will uninstall all Symantec programs as suggested.

In regard to the memory corruption... I guess that just means I have either a bad stick or a bad slot on the motherboard? I'll do some more MemTest86 scans and see what comes up.

Again.... Thank you!!!

Heartbroken, May 18, 2016
  8. axe0 New Member

Memory corruption doesn't necessarily mean hardware, it is more often caused by drivers passing data to the wrong memory address but a memory test is still suggested to ensure it is not the cause.

With memory corruption the most occuring causes are:
    • Drivers,
    • Memory,
    • SSD (firmware more often than the SSD itself bad),
    • HDD,
    • GPU, in this case we should see some DirectX stuff back in the stacks or similar drivers.
    Then there is also the possibility that the
    • CPU,
    • SATA/IDE controller,
    • mainboard &
    • PSU,
    can cause memory corruption, though most of these are pretty rare occuring when we see memory corruption.
    I've seen only once the PSU causing memory corruption because of a loose cable, a few times the CPU and a few times the mainboard.

9. My rig is currently 6 passes in to an 8 pass Memtest86 check with all four RAM modules installed. It has displayed the following error. All previous tests have come back with zero errors.

Should I continue with the test (with the four modules installed or is it time to test one/two modules at a time to try to an identify an individual module?

Attachment 80686

Heartbroken, May 19, 2016
  10. axe0 New Member
    This is the correct next step *Smile

Thema:

1. BSOD - I'm very frustrated - Similar Threads - BSOD I'm very

2. I'm having different BSOD very frequently

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I'm having different BSOD very frequently: I bought a new PC about 3 months ago, everything is new. I mostly use it to play games and some 3D modeling but sometimes when I'm playing games they randomly crash or it just goes to a BSOD and I keep getting all these different ones, so far I've...
  3. I'm having different BSOD very frequently

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I'm having different BSOD very frequently: I bought a new PC about 3 months ago, everything is new. I mostly use it to play games and some 3D modeling but sometimes when I'm playing games they randomly crash or it just goes to a BSOD and I keep getting all these different ones, so far I've...
  4. I'm having different BSOD very frequently

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. This is to convey a very frustrating experience of using Windows.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    This is to convey a very frustrating experience of using Windows.: Since the very first computer I used starting Windows XP, it has been a great experience, great set of features and all the stuff. Until now with the launch of Windows 11.My dearest Microsoft, Please please please fix the issues you have with the damn Audio and Video drivers....
  6. a very frustrating problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    a very frustrating problem: Hello I'm participating in the Windows 10 Exclusive Test, but I'm looking for a solution because I have several problems. First, the search does not work in Windows. (Well... means the search feature in Windows that you use to find files.) Second, when setting up...
  7. Please Help Me WITH THIS ISSUE, IT'S VERY FRUSTRATING

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Please Help Me WITH THIS ISSUE, IT'S VERY FRUSTRATING: [ATTACH] The surface laptop 2 after a quite usage period, Shows a blue screen of death (BSOD), with the stop code: MEMORY_MANAGEMENT, I have tried every internet tutorial to solve this error, The following results are: During the memory diagnostic (Ran a memory...
  8. BSOD Frustration

BSOD Frustration: So I built my own PC. I have done this several times without issue and I built this one back in April and it has been running fine until about a month ago. I had a memory stick go bad, so I troubleshot it and found that issue and then replaced the memory stick a week or two...
  9. 0x80070001f - This error code is very frustrating

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    0x80070001f - This error code is very frustrating: This error code is very frustrating. The update to the latest version of windows will not install. No patch or straight forward fix is available anywhere. The variety of "solutions" appears to be endless. Not happy....
  10. i am very disapointed and frustrated

i am very disapointed and frustrated: I cant connect to party chats on my xbox app on my new computer. I have try everything suggested on your site regarding toredo. I don't know what to do. it doesn't appear anywhere. I bought the computer two weeks ago and im not going to pay someone to fix teredo. let me know...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 file system filter bhdrvx64 (6.1 ‎2019‎-‎09‎-‎26t13:49:52.000000000z) has successfully loaded and registered with filter manager.