Windows 10: BSOD immediately after sleep/hibernate

Discus and support BSOD immediately after sleep/hibernate in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I sometimes get a failure from either Corrupt Page or Memory Management after returning from either sleep mode or hibernate. Always caused by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by rhogg4859, Sep 11, 2016.

1. rhogg4859 Win User

BSOD immediately after sleep/hibernate

I sometimes get a failure from either Corrupt Page or Memory Management after returning from either sleep mode or hibernate. Always caused by ntoskrnl.exe+142940. I wonder if it might be caused by my trying to log in too soon and the different threads running before memory has completed it's refresh.

Please note I really don't believe that there is a problem with the ram in my PC because Linux Mint has never reported a problem.

Rob.

:)

rhogg4859, Sep 11, 2016
  2. Gilim6 Win User

Need help with a BSOD

Hello,

After going to sleep, or after hibernation I get the BSOD.

Can you please help me with this_

I have uploaded the dump file at this location.

OneDrive

Thank you in advance

Gilim6, Sep 11, 2016
  3. GJ10 Win User
    BSOD on OneNote 2016 after Upgrade to Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709

I to have been looking into a work-around for this BSOD-error. Looking at the event viewer, I alway get this combination of log entries upon BSOD... After reviewing many posts related to the EnhancedStorage-EhStorTgcDrv error...

BSOD immediately after sleep/hibernate [​IMG]

I have removed all setting involving Sleep or Hibernate and I have not
    gotten any BSOD's and no log entries with the EnhancedStorage-EhStorTCGDvr error since. I am able to reliable cause my system to fail however with Sleep and Hibernate setting
    off (i.e., set to never sleep / never hibernate) my system is now stable. When I close the laptop my system is set to shutdown. This is only a workaround ...hope it gets fixed ASAP.

4. axe0 New Member

Hi rhogg4859,

Could you try to increase the memory frequency to 1866MHz, this may be done by changing the XMP profile.

5. rhogg4859 Win User
    Sorry what is XMP and how do I change it?

And how is changing the frequency going to help, why is it a problem? As I said before Linux does not find it a problem. I would like to understand more of what is going on.

Thanks
    Rob.

rhogg4859, Sep 13, 2016
  6. axe0 New Member
    XMP = eXteme Memory Profile, changing the profile allows to change the frequency, timing and voltage of the memory to different values.

Why it may be a problem is compatibility with your CPU. So far I have checked at AMD (scroll down the page) the CPU support 1866MHz frequency from DDR3 memory. Provided that per the dump your memory frequency is 1333MHz I would suggest that you increase it by enabling/changing XMP in the BIOS.

7. rhogg4859 Win User
    Ok. The XMP settings in bios were Profile1/Auto and is showing System memory Multiplier of 18.67 and Memory Frequency of 1866Mhz. I am not surprised at that because the memory is 1866 but this does not answer why Microsoft is reporting 1333.

rhogg4859, Sep 13, 2016
  8. axe0 New Member

It's something I can't answer either, here is what the dump shows.
    Code: [Memory Device (Type 17) - Length 34 - Handle 0027h] Physical Memory Array Handle 0023h Memory Error Info Handle [Not Provided] Total Width 64 bits Data Width 64 bits Size 4096MB Form Factor 09h - DIMM Device Set [None] Device Locator Node0_Dimm1 Bank Locator Node0_Bank0 Memory Type 18h - Specification Reserved Type Detail 4080h - Synchronous Speed 1333MHz Manufacturer Corsair Serial Number Asset Tag Number Part Number CMZ8GX3M2A186 [Memory Device (Type 17) - Length 34 - Handle 002bh] Physical Memory Array Handle 0023h Memory Error Info Handle [Not Provided] Total Width 64 bits Data Width 64 bits Size 4096MB Form Factor 09h - DIMM Device Set [None] Device Locator Node0_Dimm3 Bank Locator Node0_Bank0 Memory Type 18h - Specification Reserved Type Detail 4080h - Synchronous Speed 1333MHz Manufacturer Corsair Serial Number Asset Tag Number Part Number CMZ8GX3M2A186[/quote]

9. rhogg4859 Win User
    Yes that is what is reported in Task Manager. I was just searching the internet to see what others have found.

rhogg4859, Sep 13, 2016
  10. rhogg4859 Win User
    I think this reported speed is a red herring.

See Microsoft Community

So others have reported it as a problem with Task Manager not reading the XMP properly. I think CPU-z does show the correct speed but I am not sure how to interpret CPU-z.

So we are back with the problem of why the BSOD?

rhogg4859, Sep 13, 2016
  11. axe0 New Member
    A thing that should be noted, the information provided is from the dump.
    The dump is from the RAM, the RAM reserves a small amount of memory to register the hardware into volatile register so the system knows what it works with everytime it starts up.

Simply speaking, it is impossible that any software is conflicting with it or misreading, because the information is from Windows itself.
    Please don't interpret this in a way like that there is a bug or something, because if that would be the case then you wouldn't be able to boot.

12. rhogg4859 Win User
    rhogg4859, Sep 13, 2016
  13. rhogg4859 Win User

Further to the above I can confirm that Linux reports the Speed as 1333Mhz and the Configured Clock Speed as 1866Mhz. This was from the output of dmidecode --type 17.

rhogg4859, Sep 13, 2016
  14. axe0 New Member
    The software that shows these kind of information the most accurate is the BIOS.

15. rhogg4859 Win User
    Yes I agree and mine is set to Auto/1866. So where does that leave us regarding the BSOD? Is there nothing else in the logs that needs investigating?

rhogg4859, Sep 13, 2016
Thema:

1. BSOD immediately after sleep/hibernate - Similar Threads - BSOD immediately sleep

2. Computer turns on by itself immediately after entering hibernation/sleep mode.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer turns on by itself immediately after entering hibernation/sleep mode.: Yes I know this has been asked a thousand times, but unfortunately non of the guides have helped in any way, as they all provide the same useless information.First off, I've already turned off all waketimers, made it so that nothing but the mouse can wake up the pc, I even...
  3. Computer turns on by itself immediately after entering hibernation/sleep mode.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer turns on by itself immediately after entering hibernation/sleep mode.: Yes I know this has been asked a thousand times, but unfortunately non of the guides have helped in any way, as they all provide the same useless information.First off, I've already turned off all waketimers, made it so that nothing but the mouse can wake up the pc, I even...
  4. BSOD after sleep or hibernate ntoskrnl.exe+3f73b0

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD after sleep or hibernate ntoskrnl.exe+3f73b0: Please help every time my computer goes to sleep or hibernate i am getting the internal power errorMinidump linkhttps://1drv.ms/u/s!AgnhsYfiapv0aY_jpRyEIJrpEkc...
  5. BSOD after sleep or hibernate ntoskrnl.exe+3f73b0

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD after sleep or hibernate ntoskrnl.exe+3f73b0: Please help every time my computer goes to sleep or hibernate i am getting the internal power errorMinidump linkhttps://1drv.ms/u/s!AgnhsYfiapv0aY_jpRyEIJrpEkc...
  6. Frequent BSOD after hibernation or sleep

Frequent BSOD after hibernation or sleep: I am facing frequent BSOD issue since last few months. BSOD generally occurs when booting from the hibernation state or sleep state. But likelihood of occurrence of BSOD after hibernation is more. I have tried updating all the system drivers to their latest version i.e....
  7. BSOD on sleep/hibernate

BSOD on sleep/hibernate: I am getting a BSOD often when my PC goes into sleep mode. It is not every time, and the error codes I'm getting are different. This started about a month ago and has generated CRITICAL STRUCTURE CORRUPTION, KERNEL THREAD PRIORITY FLOOR VIOLATION, IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL, PAGE...
  8. BSOD immediately after sleep/hibernate V2

BSOD immediately after sleep/hibernate V2: This is just a continuation of a previous thread which was marked as too old. See BSOD immediately after sleep/hibernate Had another BSOD immediately after returning from hibernate. I checked the disk again but saw no further errors so I can rule out the disk this time...
  9. BSOD immediately after waking from sleep

BSOD immediately after waking from sleep: Hi All. I'm getting a blue screen advising "ATTEMPTED_WRITE_TO_READONLY_MEMORY" a couple of seconds after my computer wakes from sleep mode. It's not sporadic as it happens every time. I've downloaded the log collector and attached the ZIP file to this post. First time...
  10. BSOD seems to happen after sleep / hibernate

BSOD seems to happen after sleep / hibernate: Hi and thanks for the help. I have an ASUS desktop which has had a couple of BSOD's over the last month, which i ignored (we have power problems on occasion) but 3 over the last 10 days and 2 today means its time to pay attention. On both occasions today i entered sleep...