Windows 10: BSOD in general use

Discus and support BSOD in general use in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, new PC build here, yet have had a few crashes (6). First one at the start of the month was a KMODE EXCEPTION which was likely due to not enough... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by nostos156, Feb 12, 2017.

1. nostos156 Win User

BSOD in general use

Hi,

new PC build here, yet have had a few crashes (6). First one at the start of the month was a KMODE EXCEPTION which was likely due to not enough vcore on my overclock, but since then it has been DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS EQUAL, seemingly by NETIO.SYS or ntoskrnl.exe.

:)

nostos156, Feb 12, 2017

2. STOP CODE: IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL

To know what exactly is causing the BSOD, I need to analyze minidumps generated by BSOD.

Go to C:\Windows\Minidump

Zip the contents of the folder corresponding to date and time of your BSOD

Upload the content to Onedrive or any other file sharing site for me to locate the problem

If you need help to generate Minidump -
    http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wiki...

E for Excel, Feb 12, 2017
  3. My computer is crashing left and right. Simply appearing to just turn orr. I have a slew of windows crash reports and they all seem to be basesd on interaction with windows. T

To know what exactly is causing the BSOD, I need to analyze minidumps generated by BSOD.

Go to C:\Windows\Minidump

Zip the contents of the folder corresponding to date and time of your BSOD

Upload the content to Onedrive or any other file sharing site for me to locate the problem

If you need help to generate Minidump -
    http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wiki...

E for Excel, Feb 12, 2017
  4. axe0 New Member

BSOD in general use

Hi nostos156,

Welcome to the 10forums *Smile

Could you provide a kernel memory dump please, located in C:\Windows\Memory.dmp.
    Upload it to a 3rd party uploader (dropbox, onedrive, google drive) and post a share link in your next reply.

All dumps look similar, but don't contain enough to say what is causing them.

5. All of the BSOD Codes pinpoint to driver problems, Network driver should be the cause. Theres a chance that u have an driver problem with Nvidia too:

Code: 0x0000001E: KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED (1.02.2017 03:42:11) [Windows 10] CAUSED BY: ntoskrnl nvlddmkm.sys [20.01.2017] * nVidia Video drivers * => Download Drivers | NVIDIA e1d65x64.sys [13.08.2015] * Intel Pro/1000 Network Adapter driver * => Drivers & Software NETIO.SYS [16.07.2016] * Network I/O Subsystem (Windows System File) PROCESS: System Usual causes: Device driver, hardware, System service, compatibility, Remote control programs, memory, BIOS[/quote] Please update or roll back those drivers:

nvlddmkm.sys [20.01.2017] * nVidia Video drivers * => Drivers - Download NVIDIA Drivers
    e1d65x64.sys [13.08.2015] * Intel Pro/1000 Network Adapter driver * => Drivers & Software

BSODHunter, Feb 12, 2017
  6. nostos156 Win User
    nostos156, Feb 13, 2017
  7. Same result as above. Those two drivers could be the culprit.

Code: 0x000000D1: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (13.02.2017 20:45:25) [Windows 10] CAUSED BY: Unknown_Image e1d65x64.sys [13.08.2015] * Intel Pro/1000 Network Adapter driver * => Drivers & Software nvlddmkm.sys [20.01.2017] * nVidia Video drivers * => Download Drivers | NVIDIA PROCESS: System Usual causes: Device driver [/quote]

BSODHunter, Feb 13, 2017
  8. nostos156 Win User

BSOD in general use

Thank you. It's probably the network drivers - I got them off of the ASUS website (Z170i pro gaming motherboard). I'll blame those as I haven't heard of major BSOD issues with the latest nvidia drivers.

nostos156, Feb 13, 2017
  9. axe0 New Member
    Too bad, the kernel dump doesn't have the data I was looking for, I can't look at the exception record to see what went wrong.

10. Is there any news or did you fix the problem?

BSODHunter, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

BSOD in general use

1. BSOD in general use - Similar Threads - BSOD general

2. Encountering Random BSODs During General Use, system scans sfc /scannow and DISM , Gaming,...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Encountering Random BSODs During General Use, system scans sfc /scannow and DISM , Gaming,...: WARNING; you might get a headache.Hello, I recently upgraded my CPU from an i7 12700K to an i9 14900KF and had to perform a clean install of Windows 11 due to boot issues. However, I'm now facing multiple recurring problems with my PC, including random BSODs, problems with...
  3. Encountering Random BSODs During General Use, system scans sfc /scannow and DISM , Gaming,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Encountering Random BSODs During General Use, system scans sfc /scannow and DISM , Gaming,...: WARNING; you might get a headache.Hello, I recently upgraded my CPU from an i7 12700K to an i9 14900KF and had to perform a clean install of Windows 11 due to boot issues. However, I'm now facing multiple recurring problems with my PC, including random BSODs, problems with...
  4. Encountering Random BSODs During General Use, system scans sfc /scannow and DISM , Gaming,...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. BSOD - Critical Process Died - Kernel Heap Mode Corruption - General Performance Issues...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD - Critical Process Died - Kernel Heap Mode Corruption - General Performance Issues...: All,Getting BSOD - Critical Process Died & Kernel Heap Mode Corruption - Along with General Performance Issues since Windows Updates Last 2 Weeks, possibly starting since 9/12/23 UpdatesAnyone experiencing BSOD and General Performance Issues and Any suggestions since 9/12/23...
  6. BSOD - Critical Process Died - Kernel Heap Mode Corruption - General Performance Issues...

BSOD - Critical Process Died - Kernel Heap Mode Corruption - General Performance Issues...: All,Getting BSOD - Critical Process Died & Kernel Heap Mode Corruption - Along with General Performance Issues since Windows Updates Last 2 Weeks, possibly starting since 9/12/23 UpdatesAnyone experiencing BSOD and General Performance Issues and Any suggestions since 9/12/23...
  7. BSOD and general instability Windows 10 - possible memory issue?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD and general instability Windows 10 - possible memory issue?: So I'm having something similar to this thread: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-bsod/9fbc0959-be75-4541-b1c8-0ba69be3073c But I do not have the technical chops to make proper sense of the dump logs, which I've put here:...
  8. BSOD and general instability Windows 10 - possible memory issue?

BSOD and general instability Windows 10 - possible memory issue?: So I'm having something similar to this thread: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-bsod/9fbc0959-be75-4541-b1c8-0ba69be3073c But I do not have the technical chops to make proper sense of the dump logs, which I've put here:...
  9. BSOD and general instability Windows 10 - possible memory issue?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. Regular BSODs and General Instability in PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Regular BSODs and General Instability in PC: Hello,Recently I've been experiencing regular BSODs and freezing when using my PC. In hindsight, there was always the occasional BSOD, but I didn't think much of it until they began to occur more recently.The BSODs occur most after running a demanding game but will also occur...