Windows 10: BSOD in Sony VAIO laptop after RAM change

Discus and support BSOD in Sony VAIO laptop after RAM change in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello everybody! I have a Sony Vaio SVE1512E1ESI laptop that has one RAM module with the following characteristics (by CPU-Z, RAMMon and HWinfo)... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by alexous, Nov 14, 2016.

1. alexous Win User

BSOD in Sony VAIO laptop after RAM change

Hello everybody! I have a Sony Vaio SVE1512E1ESI laptop that has one RAM module with the following characteristics (by CPU-Z, RAMMon and HWinfo)

Kingston SNY1600S11-4G-EDEG
    4GB SODIMM DDR3-1600MHz, PC3-12800,
    JEDEC timings: 11-11-11-28, unbuffered, non-ECC, 1,5V

I replaced the ram with one from GoodRAM with exactly the same characteristics. However I face blue screen of death when I open the browser (Edge or Chrome). Laptop is running latest windows 10 build with fully updated drivers and I have checked for errors with Windows Memory Diagnostic tool and MemTest86 7.1. I provide you with the memory dump files from BlueScreenView/

Does anyone has a proposal?

:)

alexous, Nov 14, 2016
  2. AnandBR Win User

Windows 10: PC stuck in booting process loop after March update

After the installation of latest Match cumulative update, i switched on the laptop but it got stuck in the booting process.

W10, 6gb RAM, build 10586.102 perhaps, i3, Sony Vaio.

Any suggestions?

Anand

AnandBR, Nov 14, 2016
  3. Driver software in windows 10

Dear management My Sony Vaio Laptop ,,,,,, Now i use Windows 7

I want to use Windows 10.............. Pleases help me ,,,,, I want to download All Driver Sony Vaio in Windows 10 pleases sent me link,,,

And tell me Windows 10 is better then windows 7 for my laptop?

My Laptop ..........

Sony SVE1512M1EW

Processor Name: Intel Core i5-3210M

Original Processor Frequency: 2500.0 MHz

CPU Brand Name: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3210M CPU @ 2.50GHz

RAM 6 GB

NaimNourose, Nov 14, 2016
  4. philc43 Win User

Hello alexous *Smile

Can I ask why you changed the RAM? Did you find errors on the original Kingston RAM? How many passes did you complete for MemTest86 on the new RAM?

philc43, Nov 16, 2016
  5. alexous Win User
    I wanted to remove the old kingston ram to the other laptop which is exactly the same, in order to run dual channel. However after many searches I found that this model runs 1.35V ddr3 and not 1.5V as RAMMon,CPU-Z and HWinfo state. In addition the old RAM is dual rank whereas the new one is single rank.

alexous, Nov 16, 2016
  6. philc43 Win User
    Thanks for the explanation. You have to be very careful with RAM to get the right format and compatibility. Try the Sony website to help you identify the correct module to purchase.

philc43, Nov 16, 2016
  7. alexous Win User
    I installed a new RAM module at 1.35 volts and now its fine. The old RAM is OEM made by Kingston and shows that it operates at 1.5V whereas the new one operates at 1.35V. I give you attached a PDF report from RAMMon for your own information

alexous, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. BSOD in Sony VAIO laptop after RAM change - Similar Threads - BSOD Sony VAIO

2. i want to upgrade ram of laptop sony vaio VPCEG25EN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i want to upgrade ram of laptop sony vaio VPCEG25EN: hii have RAM of 2 GB and i want to upgrade to maximum available. can you recommend me 3rd party ram manufacture which can be available in amazon.in. I am running windows 10 on it. VPCEG25EN Specifications Sony INThank you....
  3. i want to upgrade ram of laptop sony vaio VPCEG25EN

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i want to upgrade ram of laptop sony vaio VPCEG25EN: hii have RAM of 2 GB and i want to upgrade to maximum available. can you recommend me 3rd party ram manufacture which can be available in amazon.in. I am running windows 10 on it. VPCEG25EN Specifications Sony INThank you....
  4. i want to upgrade ram of laptop sony vaio VPCEG25EN

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Sony vaio sve14126caw

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Sony vaio sve14126caw: I WANT TO FACTORY RESET MY SONY VAIO LAPTOP BUT I CAN ONLY ACCESS THE BIOS BECAUSE IF I START UP THE LAPTOP, IT WILL JUST BE STUCK AT THE VAIO LOGO. I WANT TO FACTORY RESET MY LAPTOP THROUGH BIOS. IS THIS POSSIBLE?...
  6. Installing Windows 10 on a Sony VAIO laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installing Windows 10 on a Sony VAIO laptop: I have this problem with my laptop , it doesnt want to install Windows 10 even from a Disc or USB installation , I tried booting it also but it doesnt it just goes blank then shows little dots on the screen...
  7. sony vaio , problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    sony vaio , problem: I'm using a Sony Vaio VPCS12X9E. Just upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10. The driver for video card is using Intel HD Graphics driver. Since installing, screen brightness lowered . I cannot change screen brightness . I don't want and I can't throw my sony away . I have...
  8. VAIO Sony laptop Crashed/Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    VAIO Sony laptop Crashed/Windows 10: Hello, I’ve been trying for 3 weeks to reset my computer to factory settings, after it crashed when I tried to load the my computer from “sleep mode”. I’ve done everything in F3 or F2, and the only thing that occurred from it was I lost My operating system, which is Windows...
  9. Help! Sony Vaio

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help! Sony Vaio: Hello. I have a old Sony Vaio that came with a i3-350M, i bought a new CPU (i5-560M) and changed it. I started the computer, everything was ok. But i notice the fan was kicking way more times. When i downloaded the Intel Processor Identification Utility i found that my CPU...
  10. sony vaio laptop battery

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    sony vaio laptop battery: I upgraded a sony laptop vaio from windows 7 to 10 --- the laptop has in addition to the standard battery a Sheet Battery -- which worked before the upgrade perfect - after the upgrade the battery just shows a message "Battery 1 this battery is not available for use" (which...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. BSOD when upgraded sony vaio ram

2. sony vaio laptop bsod 4gb ram