Windows 10: BSOD Inaccessible Boot Device after installing new graphics card

Discus and support BSOD Inaccessible Boot Device after installing new graphics card in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello everyone, so I installed a new graphics card into a computer that was custom made a few years ago, after the old graphics card overheated and was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Tsurani, Dec 14, 2016.

1. Tsurani Win User

BSOD Inaccessible Boot Device after installing new graphics card

Hello everyone, so I installed a new graphics card into a computer that was custom made a few years ago, after the old graphics card overheated and was damaged beyond repair. The computer itself was off for about 6 months or so and had just been installed with windows 10 for not that long(a few weeks or so maybe). At first the computer booted up and seemed well but then would BSOD and restart. I fixed this by disabling IGPU Multi Monitor in the UEFI. It seemed fine for two days straight in which me and my roommate did not turn it off, but when we did, the monitor would turn off but not the system. After several minutes of not shutting down(it also said that there was something in the background still running but wouldn't say what), my roommate forced shutdown. The next morning it came on to the inaccessible boot device BSOD, where it then did the restart loop of going to the advanced startup options menu.

I've been stuck ever since. I'm guessing that after being off for 6 months, windows 10 was still trying to update. I don't know, but one of the things that has happened is that when I go to diskpart in the recovery command prompt, here is the output.

Volume ### LTR Label Fs type size status info
    Volume 0 F dvd-rom 0 b no media
    Volume 1 C System Reserved NTFS partition 100mb healthy
    volume 2 D NTFS partition 930gb healthy
    volume 3 E NTFS partition 450mb healthy hidden

Windows 10 seems to not be on the system at all. I tried bootscan /scanos and it only found the windows old folder from windows 7 before windows 10 was installed. I tried doing a system restore from 2 restore points that It had on back to back days. The earliest was the critical windows update, but I tried restoring from the latest one after the updates were installed I believe and it just went to the BSOD again after finishing the restore. When I decided to try the other one, I couldn't because it was gone for some reason. I tried doing the rest of the bootrec commands to no avail. I tried resetting the defaults on the UEFI to no avail. What is going on here?

Thank you for any help you guys might have.

P.S. I also used powercfg utility in the command prompt and got a dozen errors that show up in the report. Half of those were errors saying "devices with missing or misconfigurd drivers can increase power consumption."

:)

Tsurani, Dec 14, 2016
  2. neilpzz Win User

Occasional BSOD after installing new graphics card

While waiting for someone to interpret your dump files. Have you removed the memory and reseated it. Run a memory test (just to be sure) type Windows Memory Diagnostics in Search.

Reseat the video card.

neilpzz, Dec 14, 2016
  3. windows 10 installation fails "pagefault_in_non-paged_area" pssnap.sys

Unfortunately I took the advice of removing pssnap.sys (actually I renamed it) and then my computer would not boot. I got a BSOD with inaccessible boot device. Macrium Reflect was not installed. After restoring pssnap.sys it booted fine. I installed
    the latest free version of Macrium Reflect then uninstalled it. However that did not remove pssnap.sys. I am currently trying the install (for the 4th time) with only one 2GB memory card (I removed one 2GB card). Removing 2GB forced a reactivation of Windows.
    Will report back on the success or failure of this Windows 10 upgrade attempt.

The upgrade succeeded FINALLY! Memory and sound card put back into the system with no problems.

Dexter Robinson, Dec 14, 2016
  4. Ztruker Win User

I recommend starting over by doing a Clean Install of the latest available code which I believe is 14393 (the Anniversary release).

Follow this tutorial: Windows 10 - Clean Install

If you have data on hard drive you want to save, you can use Kyhi's rescue ISO to create a DVD or flash drive to boot from to save the data.

See here: Windows 10 Recovery Tools - Bootable Rescue Disk from KYHI

Ztruker, Dec 15, 2016
  5. Tsurani Win User
    One of the things I did was load the uefi defaults. Does this turn back the uefi version to 1.00? Windows 10 is only compatible with version 2.0 or above as far as I know.

Also, there is an instant flash option in the uefi. Should I just do that or would it be better to go to the motherboard website and get the latest update there?

Tsurani, Dec 15, 2016
  6. Ztruker Win User
    See responses below:

Ztruker, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. BSOD Inaccessible Boot Device after installing new graphics card - Similar Threads - BSOD Inaccessible Boot

2. Multiple BSODs after installing new graphics card

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple BSODs after installing new graphics card: Hello,I've upgraded from my GTX 1070 to a RTX 3070 in early March and I'm encountering various BSODs regulary a week ever since. The BSODs occur when watching YouTube videos, running GIMP 2.10.34 and sometimes even in Idle state where no program is active that consumes...
  3. Multiple BSODs after installing new graphics card

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multiple BSODs after installing new graphics card: Hello,I've upgraded from my GTX 1070 to a RTX 3070 in early March and I'm encountering various BSODs regulary a week ever since. The BSODs occur when watching YouTube videos, running GIMP 2.10.34 and sometimes even in Idle state where no program is active that consumes...
  4. Multiple BSODs after installing new graphics card

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. BSOD inaccessible boot device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD inaccessible boot device: I keep getting the bsod for inaccessible boot device on my laptop. I can start up and use it normally for a certain period of time 5-15 min before it gives me the error message. I am not sure what to do. It also seems odd that I am able to use it as most people seem to not be...
  6. BSOD inaccessible boot device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD inaccessible boot device: I keep getting the bsod for inaccessible boot device on my laptop. I can start up and use it normally for a certain period of time 5-15 min before it gives me the error message. I am not sure what to do. It also seems odd that I am able to use it as most people seem to not be...
  7. BSOD After Installing New Graphics Card

BSOD After Installing New Graphics Card: Hello,After upgrading from a GTX 1070 to a RTX 3070, I received a BSOD at the desktop and a DMP file was created. It has only happened one time and it was on the first boot up with the 3070.https://1drv.ms/u/s!AqhFwSuY8Ahin31NcPzKnMyWEsiH?e=KCVDJt...
  8. Constant BSOD After Installing New Graphics Card

Constant BSOD After Installing New Graphics Card: I recently upgraded from a GTX 1070 to an RTX 3070. Ever since I got the new card, my PC keeps crashing constantly at random intervals with BSOD. I've included my dumps below. Would appreciate any help. System: CPU Intel Core i7 6700K Motherboard MSI Z170A SLI Plus RAM...
  9. BSOD inaccessible boot device

BSOD inaccessible boot device: Hey so i literally cant turn my pc on , i keep getting the bsod and i have tried everything , startup repair , tried repairing my pc with an usb that has windows 10 on it , tried system restore , uninstall the latest updates but i cant even uninstall them , none of them...
  10. BSOD after installing new graphics card

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD after installing new graphics card: I was looking for a budget PC that could run games with decent graphics. I ended up purchasing a Dell Optiplex 3020 MT to upgrade for gaming. I have since then put a new power supply and graphics card in it. After installing the graphics card, I could play games for about 10...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. new gpu install inaccessible boot load

2. windows 10 looping at startup after installing graphics card