Windows 10: BSOD installing with Blizzard Launcher

Discus and support BSOD installing with Blizzard Launcher in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I am getting the BSOD after trying to install Diablo 3 and Heroes of the Storm. I have World of Warcraft installed just fine, from the same launcher. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by johnsweeney, Nov 6, 2016.

1. BSOD installing with Blizzard Launcher

I am getting the BSOD after trying to install Diablo 3 and Heroes of the Storm. I have World of Warcraft installed just fine, from the same launcher. I attached an picture of the BSOD I received trying to install Diablo 3. Any help would be appreciated.

:)

johnsweeney, Nov 6, 2016
  2. Hvalsey Win User

Microsoft Edge is missing Adobe Flash settings

Within Microsoft Edge I can watch videos with no issues. However when trying to watch videos through other applications it tells me to install flash when before the upgrade this was working fine. When I mentioned battle.net I am referring to the blizzard
    launcher for their games. Within this you can watch videos of upcoming events etc.

Hvalsey, Nov 6, 2016
  3. Network connection only available through Edge following startup/restart

This is interesting... It looks like Firefox is able to work as well.

I was able to download Firefox (through Edge) and navigate to a website. However, Chrome isn't able to successfully connect, as well as other applications (Steam, Slack, Blizzard launcher, etc.)

Any idea what could be going on?

nasalspray, Nov 6, 2016
  4. Neemobeer Win User

BSOD installing with Blizzard Launcher

Need the dump files to troubleshoot.

Neemobeer, Nov 6, 2016
  5. isn't that the Zip file I uploaded? I am not the most computer savvy.

johnsweeney, Nov 6, 2016
  6. Neemobeer Win User
    There's nothing in it.

Neemobeer, Nov 6, 2016
  7. OK, I think I did it right this time.

johnsweeney, Nov 6, 2016
  8. Neemobeer Win User

Looks like your webroot URL filter driver is causing memory corruption. You can disable the web shield in settings to stop it and test.

Neemobeer, Nov 6, 2016
  9. Well it has not crashed yet. Would reinstalling the webroot fix it long term? Or should I find new virus protection software?

johnsweeney, Nov 6, 2016
  10. Neemobeer Win User
    I'd report it to Webroot, you can try a re-install but if it's the same version driver it may just start BSODing again.

Neemobeer, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. BSOD installing with Blizzard Launcher - Similar Threads - BSOD installing Blizzard

2. Minecraft Launcher not installing

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Minecraft Launcher not installing: Hi, I have been trying to install the Minecraft launcher, both from web and also from Microsoft’s store. When I try to download it from the installer on the web it tells me that there’s a problem, and redirects me to the Microsoft store. When I try to download it from the...
  3. Minecraft Launcher not installing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft Launcher not installing: Hi, I have been trying to install the Minecraft launcher, both from web and also from Microsoft’s store. When I try to download it from the installer on the web it tells me that there’s a problem, and redirects me to the Microsoft store. When I try to download it from the...
  4. Minecraft Launcher not installing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Minecraft Launcher not installing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Minecraft Launcher not installing: Hi, the Minecraft Launcher, tonight was acting really weird today. First, it wouldn't open and wasn't running in Task Manager and then tried to start it on the Start Menu and it popped up saying "This app can't open. Check this app in the Microsoft Store" I tried the...
  6. After I uninstalled Blizzard launcher from my PC, some of my desktop icons and folders are...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    After I uninstalled Blizzard launcher from my PC, some of my desktop icons and folders are...: Can someone help me, please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-i-uninstalled-blizzard-launcher-from-my-pc/ab3cf531-d911-4a61-84b7-dcfdf39fddfc
  7. Blizzard Security Code

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blizzard Security Code: Does anyone know where and how to get this code. Yes I have started a ticket with Blizzard about it. I just don`t see where or how to get the security code. I got 2 different emails saying such and such tried to use my email address to login, but it was not my battle tag,...
  8. crashing blizzard games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    crashing blizzard games: I had no problem with my blizzard games until i updated my wifi driver, and got the latest update from blizzard with battle of azeroth. now, my internet browser is crashing. and so are my blizzard games. i've contacted blizzard, and the problem lies with the januarary...
  9. BSOD - Gaming Blizzard titles - WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR

BSOD - Gaming Blizzard titles - WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR: Hi team, Please find attached my computers internal details and error logs, msinfo etc etc. I've reset BIOS and upgraded all drivers, removed any clocking. Just haven't completed a fresh install which I was hoping to avoid. I'd really appreciate any assistance...
  10. BSOD Blizzard Games Mostly, Suspecting Drivers

BSOD Blizzard Games Mostly, Suspecting Drivers: Attachment 111574 Have been having the graphics display driver nvlddmkm drop out sporadically when playing various blizzard games. Only recently, while playing Starcraft 2, have I run into a BSOD twice with no visible warning as far as I could tell. As far as I can tell,...