Windows 10: BSOD - intelppm.sys

Discus and support BSOD - intelppm.sys in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; There was nothing obvious about drivers that showed up in the debugging. Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by philc43, Apr 5, 2018.

1. philc43 Win User

BSOD - intelppm.sys

There was nothing obvious about drivers that showed up in the debugging.

philc43, Apr 5, 2018
  2. alyraver Win User

hi all

I had a random BSOD today whilst in the middle of playing Arma 3, and i'm not entirely sure whats causing it.

According to BlueScreenView it was caused by driver - intelppm.sys

Pc spec is as follows:

8700k @ 5ghz
    Maximus X Formula
    16gb team dark ram
    1080ti
    win 10
    (Everything is stable using prime)

its a new build and as far as I'm aware all drivers are up to date

Is anyone able to have a look to see how i can resolve it?

many thanks

:)

alyraver, Apr 13, 2018
  3. OnyxT Win User
    Sudden increase in Windows 10 BSODs after updates around 9/7/2017

It doesn't seem to be crashing in safe mode, but I can't do most of the stuff I'd do normally in safe mode.

For now, I've gotten 2 more BSODs today. One was after the usual exiting a game scenario (this time the Runescape client) with a KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED related to intelppm.sys. The second was when I woke up my monitors after they'd turned off due to inactivity,
    but my PC had not yet gone to sleep. That generated an IRQL_LESS_THAN_OR_EQUAL stop code. I have no peripherals to speak of aside from a USB hub and my mouse and keyboard. I've removed the hub and will see if I get errors now.

Another KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED related to intelppm.sys BSOD. This is happening pretty reliably when I exit the Runescape client. I have now had a restart without the hub connected, so I'm assuming the drivers are fully unloaded. Will now see if I get another
    BSOD after exiting a game.

Just got another KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED, but this time it didn't say that intelppm.sys was what failed. It just had the stop code, no other information. This was with my USB hub disconnected. This BSOD was delayed by a minute or two after exiting a game.

I'm now up to 4 more BSODs in the span of about an hour. Sometimes they're delayed, like this most recent one, but other times they're immediately after exiting a game. More perplexing is that there was a period where I started and exited Overwatch and Runescape
    about two dozen times, but no BSOD occurred after exiting, or even after a delay.

Edit: And now I've had another IRQL BSOD while playing a game, not after exiting.

OnyxT, Apr 13, 2018
  4. BSOD - intelppm.sys

BSOD Error, DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (intelppm.sys)

Hi,

Thank you for responding and apologize for the delay in response to your issue.

I would like to inform that there can be many events which might have resulted in the system files errors. An incomplete installation, in incomplete uninstall, improper deletion of applications or hardware.

I suggest you to perform a Reset on your computer and check if it helps.

I would like to inform that when you perform reset/ refresh on your computer by selecting
    keep my files, it works as below:

• Reinstalls Windows 10 and keeps your personal files.
    • Removes apps and drivers you installed.
    • Removes changes you made to settings.
    • Removes any apps your PC manufacturer installed. (If your PC came with Windows 10, apps from your PC manufacturer will be reinstalled.)

Note: While performing reset on your PC, I suggest you to choose "Keep my files" as this will not affect the user data (files and folders) on your computer.

Follow the below:

• Press Windows + R keys from the keyboard, type
      Control and press Enter.
    • Click on Recovery, click on
      If you're having problems with your PC, go to Settings and try resetting it
    • Click on Get started under
      Reset this PC
      , click on Keep my files and follow onscreen instructions.

Refer: Recovery options in Windows 10

As the installed applications and updates will be removed, you will have to re-install all those after performing the reset on your computer.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of the issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Apr 13, 2018
  5. philc43 Win User
    Have you tried the beta10 log collector provided at the end of the BSOD Posting instructions? This new one may work better for your system.

philc43, Apr 13, 2018
  6. alyraver Win User
    ah cool - I didn't see that bit - ok so I've attached the zip - hopefully that's the right one

alyraver, Apr 13, 2018
  7. philc43 Win User
    Make sure you are not overclocking your system. Your memory speed is higher than recommended for the CPU. Overclocking is a frequent cause of BSOD.

Your max turbo frequency should be 4.70GHz
    Recommended memory type is DDR4-2666

philc43, Apr 13, 2018
  8. alyraver Win User

BSOD - intelppm.sys

asides from the overclock is there anything else I need to look at?

alyraver, Apr 13, 2018
Thema:

BSOD - intelppm.sys

1. BSOD - intelppm.sys - Similar Threads - BSOD intelppm sys

2. Constant BSOD with new PC build win32kbase.sys, ntoskrnl.exe, intelppm

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Constant BSOD with new PC build win32kbase.sys, ntoskrnl.exe, intelppm: HiNew PC, and I am getting random BSOD several times per day.Tested CPU with Intel Diagnostic tool and passed, Did Memtest and passedWith gpu, without gpu getting bsodI had a wifi card m.2 connected to motherboard, disabled in bios and the bsod are less frequent but still...
  3. Wdf01000.sys BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wdf01000.sys BSOD: I was suspicous that my drivers were infected with malware, so I did some research and have read somewhere that verifying the drivers signature can validify on whether or not I have a virus.So I ran Driver Verifier and selected the option 'automatically select all drivers...
  4. Wdf01000.sys BSOD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wdf01000.sys BSOD: I was suspicous that my drivers were infected with malware, so I did some research and have read somewhere that verifying the drivers signature can validify on whether or not I have a virus.So I ran Driver Verifier and selected the option 'automatically select all drivers...
  5. BSOD and .cpuz141_x64.sys

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    BSOD and .cpuz141_x64.sys: Hi guys, Let me first start off by saying I'm not too technical when it comes to the fine details of troubleshooting. This morning I installed a Windows update, upon downloading it and signing in I BSOD'ed and was given the error message ".cpuz141_x64.sys". Every single time...
  6. BSOD and wdf01000.sys

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    BSOD and wdf01000.sys: In short. Recently i get BSOD screen and im on edge of breakdown. There is normal WhoCrashed report when i boot computer without anything. (I included minidump file below) On Mon 05.10.2020 22:28:56 your computer crashed or a problem was reported crash dump file:...
  7. BSOD L1C63x64.sys

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD L1C63x64.sys: Heya guys, this is my first post here *Smile. I just had like 3 or 4 BSODs in these last two days, never had any. I just updated my Atheros 8151 PCI-e driver from Network adapter->properties->update driver. I'm not sure if it is the cause, so I used the tool and attached...
  8. BSOD blaming L1C63x64.sys

BSOD blaming L1C63x64.sys: Like many others I am the victim of this, it happens more than once a day. It never happened on windows 8.1. At Toshiba's request, I have back-dated my driver to the one that Windows installs with windows 10. I am hoping this fixes the issue, if not, here's my dump 58971
  9. wdf01000.sys BSOD

wdf01000.sys BSOD: Hey, this is more of a question. My keyboard has been malfunctioning due to liquid damage, so to disable it I installed an incompatible keyboard/touchpad driver intentionally. The day after, I've been getting wdf01000.sys BSOD errors during startup, which brings me to a...
  10. BSOD tdr_failure_igdkmd64.sys

BSOD tdr_failure_igdkmd64.sys: I have been encountering this error frequently when running games, mostly World of Tanks and the World of Warships beta test. I ALWAYS get this error whenever I accidentally bump the windows key on my laptop in game. If I am at the port or garage screen with all my ships,...
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Driver IRQL Not Less or Equal intelppm.sys

2. windows 10 intelppm.sys bsod

3. intelppm.sys bsod windows 10

4. intelppm.sys BSOD win 10,
  5. intelppm bsod,
  6. windows 10 8700k intelppm.sys