Windows 10: BSOD Intermittent when turning PC on

Discus and support BSOD Intermittent when turning PC on in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I've been having BSODs intermittently for a while now, as far as I can remember they just happen when my PC is booting up. I have tried to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by jgaf, Mar 19, 2017.

1. jgaf Win User

BSOD Intermittent when turning PC on

Hello,

I've been having BSODs intermittently for a while now, as far as I can remember they just happen when my PC is booting up. I have tried to pinpoint the problem using Whocrashed software to no avail. At the beginning the software was identifying a Panda antivirus driver as the culprit, I uninstalled Panda and installed Avira. When I run the analysis it says it was not able to determine the culprit, even with Windows collecting full dumps.

Once the computer has booted successfully I haven't had any problems or BSODs. I am able to run memory and processing intensive software without any issues. Let me know if you need any further information.

Thank you,

:)

2. wandy_a Win User

No help with fixing KB4013418 update!!

Robear

Opened new thread....

Intermittent BSOD DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

It should be located at......

Intermittent BSOD DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

The further I look at this thing the uglier it gets.

wandy_a, Mar 19, 2017
  3. Too many BSODS to count... Pointing towards memory corruption.

Well, when I run verifier, no .dmp files are saved. Not in the minidump folder or where MEMORY.DMP is located.

When my pc bsods when using verifier, It bsods before my pc loads into windows. About 7 seconds into the bios loading screen is when it bsods. If I put my pc into safe mode with verifier turned on, it doesn't bsod.

iCantThinkOfPoliteUserNames, Mar 19, 2017
  4. Ztruker Win User

Latest dump indicates a problem with jnprns.sys.
    Code: ffffdc81`4fc999b8 fffff802`fea68f95*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for jnprns.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for jnprns.sys jnprns+0x8f95[/quote] Driver Description: Juniper Network Agent driver
    Driver Update Site: Download Software - Support - Juniper Networks
    The one you have is fairly old: 10/30/2014 2:38:20 PM C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\jnprns.sys
    Code: Name [00000000] Juniper Networks Virtual Adapter Manager Adapter Type Not Available Product Type Juniper Networks Virtual Adapter Manager Installed Yes PNP Device ID ROOT\JNPRVAMGR\0000 Last Reset 3/20/2017 12:18 PM Index 0 Service Name IP Address Not Available IP Subnet Not Available Default IP Gateway Not Available DHCP Enabled No DHCP Server Not Available DHCP Lease Expires Not Available DHCP Lease Obtained Not Available MAC Address Not Available Driver c:\windows\system32\drivers\jnprvamgr.sys (5.2.0.6009, 44.29 KB (45,352 bytes), 2/12/2016 9:36 AM)[/quote] Update or revmove it, see if that resolves the problem.

Ztruker, Mar 20, 2017
  5. jgaf Win User
    Thank you for the fast reply. That driver was a vestige of an old virtual network adapter software, which was previously uninstalled. Went ahead and removed all traces of it. It usually takes a couple of boots for the problem to appear, so I'll keep you posted if anything comes up. So far I have restarted a couple of times without getting a BSOD.

6. jgaf Win User
    After a couple of weeks without any issues, today I got a BSOD when starting Windows. I have attached the zip files with the log.

Thank you,

jgaf, Apr 9, 2017
  7. Ztruker Win User
    Nothing useful in the new dump, but I did find this in the event log:
    Code: Event[28007]: Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Boot Date: 2017-04-10T12:36:32.950 Event ID: 29 Task: N/A Level: Error Opcode: Info Keyword: N/A User: S-1-5-18 User Name: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM Computer: Darth-Helmet Description: Windows failed fast startup with error status 0xC0000001.[/quote] Disable Fast Startup. see if that makes any difference: How to Turn On or Off Fast Startup in Windows 10

See this article on HowToGeek.com: The Pros and Cons of Windows 10’s “Fast Startup” Mode

Ztruker, Apr 9, 2017
  8. jgaf Win User

Thank you, that fixed the problem for a while. After the latest Windows 10 updates, I have new crashes during boot up. Attached is my zip file.

Thank you so much for all the help

9. Ztruker Win User
    Looks like Fast startup got enabled with the update:
    Code: Event[1400]: Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Boot Date: 2017-04-30T12:22:20.531 Event ID: 29 Task: N/A Level: Error Opcode: Info Keyword: N/A User: S-1-5-18 User Name: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM Computer: Darth-Helmet Description: Windows failed fast startup with error status 0xC0000001.[/quote] Disable Fast startup again and see if that helps.

Ztruker, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. BSOD Intermittent when turning PC on - Similar Threads - BSOD Intermittent turning

2. Intermittent BSOD turning into larger problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Intermittent BSOD turning into larger problem: I have had the random BSOD for a while now but it always happened whenever I wasn't gaming my primary activity on this machine so it was never something i wanted to address. Eventually the errors got more frequent and occasionally happened during games. The codes were...
  3. Intermittent BSOD turning into larger problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Intermittent BSOD turning into larger problem: I have had the random BSOD for a while now but it always happened whenever I wasn't gaming my primary activity on this machine so it was never something i wanted to address. Eventually the errors got more frequent and occasionally happened during games. The codes were...
  4. Intermittent BSOD turning into larger problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Intermittent BSOD

Intermittent BSOD: CPU Specs:CPU - AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core ProcessorGPU - AMD Radeon RX 5700 XTMem - new 32 GB corsair sticksHard Drive: new 1 TB m.2 SSDCrash Dumps: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1eN__CYfiHZC4hO1kISi_KWnRLiMYBqNn/view?usp=sharinglet me know if anyone is able to find out what...
  6. Intermittent BSOD's

Intermittent BSOD's: BSOD'sI am constantly getting BSOD's and am at my wits end. Looking up the stopcodes and the reasoning behind them are no help. Below is the zipped file of my latest minidumps, msinfo and speccy. I was going to zip up the memory dump but my system crashed before it could even...
  7. Intermittent BSOD's on newly built PC

Intermittent BSOD's on newly built PC: I'm getting Some BSOD's intermittently about two weeks after building my computer and I need some help in pinpointing the issue. Uncertain as to the cause, however it blusescreened multiple times during my initial Windows setup, now it seems to happen a couple of times a...
  8. Bsod when turning the PC on

Bsod when turning the PC on: Hello, I have got a new PC components Motherboard, RAM, PSU, CPU, GPU and SSD. Only thing remaining from old PC is the 250GB SSD i use to hold the system. When ever I get BSOD Practycly every time I turn the PC on I restart it a couple of times and eventualy get to advanced...
  9. Intermittent BSODs with new custom PC

Intermittent BSODs with new custom PC: Hi All Hoping someone is able to shed some light here. I'm getting intermittent BSODs, which don't occur very often, maybe once every 2 or 3 weeks and they seem to be different each time. I had a quick look at the dump files and they just seem to point to hardware faults and...
  10. Intermittent BSODs when stressed

Intermittent BSODs when stressed: So I have been having intermittent BSODs when my computer is under somewhat heavy stress though occasionally it's when I'm only running one application. Not sure if this is a windows 10 problem I know some drivers aren't quite updated yet. I was having quite regular crashes...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. intermittent BSOD during boot up