Windows 10: BSOD - Internal_power_error Keeps coming up

Discus and support BSOD - Internal_power_error Keeps coming up in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi guys The BSOD - Internal_power_error keeps coming up (every few hours) after a few softwares were installed several days ago, and then the system... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Zagato, May 13, 2016.

1. Zagato Win User

BSOD - Internal_power_error Keeps coming up

Hi guys

The BSOD - Internal_power_error keeps coming up (every few hours) after a few softwares were installed several days ago, and then the system restarts. The softwares include
    • AVG PC Tuneup 2016
    • Acronis True Image 2016
    • KMPLAYER, etc

Here's what I've done to try to put things right:
    Learnt that the error is somehow related to GPU/Network adaptor drivers, so had these drivers uninstalled and reinstalled, no luck.
    Also uninstalled AVG PC Tuneup, no luck.
    Finally reinstalled Windows 10, no luck as well.*Sad

Attached herewith the debug file, kindly have a look and advise. Million thanks!

:)

Zagato, May 13, 2016

2. Internal_Power_Error BSOD

I still haven't found a solution; anyone else found one?

Mitsurugi52, May 13, 2016
  3. Internal_Power_Error BSOD

Motherboard is a Gigabyte GA-MA785GMT-UD2H.

Here is a dropbox link that contains the system info, dump files, and driver report requested: Dump Folder

System Info and driver report created in normal mode.

Thanks!

Mitsurugi52, May 13, 2016
  4. Ztruker Win User

The dumps point to
    Code: 0: kd> lmvm amdxata start end module name fffff801`0c090000 fffff801`0c09b000 amdxata T (no symbols) Loaded symbol image file: amdxata.sys Image path: \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\amdxata.sys Image name: amdxata.sys Timestamp: Tue Apr 28 19:33:27 2009 (49F79247) CheckSum: 0000EC74 ImageSize: 0000B000 Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4[/quote] Code: [What is amdxata? The genuine amdxata.sys file is a software component of AMD by AMD. Amdxata.sys is a filter driver that belongs to AMD. A filter driver is a software program that adds functionality to peripheral devices. It can even add support for a specialized device in the computer. This is not an essential Windows process and can be disabled if known to create problems.[/quote] It's pretty old and needs to be updated or you can try disabling it in Services.

Start by looking for a BIOS update. I don't see one.

You need to update the Chipset driver but I don't see anything newer. This is a fairly old board and there are no Windows 8.1 or 10 drivers for it. The latest is the one you currently have I think.

See what axe0 or Arc have to say about this problem.

Edit: You could try disabling the following in Services (Windows key + R, type services,msc and press Enter).

AMD External Events Utility
    AMD FUEL Service

Ztruker, May 13, 2016
  5. Zagato Win User
    Thanks for the quick feedback.
    You're right the mobo is old and the BIOS is the latest Gigabyte offers. And same for the chipset driver.
    Followed your advice to have AMD External Events Utility, AMD FUEL Service disabled.
    However just when I was typing this response, it BSOD again!*cry

Again attached the latest BSOD log here and see if you guys can spot something new.
    Thanks and thanks!

Zagato, May 13, 2016
  6. axe0 New Member
    Hi Zagato,

Welcome to the 10forums *Smile

Unfortunately I have to say that your system has become incompatible for Windows 10.

The amdsata.sys & amdxata.sys are both AMD SATA controller drivers which are included in the chipset drivers.

Your motherboard does not give driver support after Windows 7 so there are 2 things you could do currently.
    1. Get a new motherboard which does have support for Windows 10, this may be too expensive given that you may have to upgrade several other things too because of compatibility + you'll need to get a new license for Windows 10 because of motherboard replacement. The digital entitlement registers your hardware but as soon as you replace your motherboard (it is the motherboard that needs to be replaced before you have to buy a license) you need to either get a new license or you may be able to use a Windows 7 retail key.
    2. Revert back to your previous installation, doing this using a clean installation on a formatted hard drive is the best way to prevent problems.

7. Zagato Win User
    Hi axe0
    Thanks for the advice.*Smile
    But this is what I can't understand. I actually upgraded my PC from Win 7 to Win 10 since Nov 2015 and the system has been working steadily without any problem. All the drivers have been the same during this period. The BSOD didn't happen until last week! Is there any logical explanation for this?

By "Revert back to your previous installation" do you mean going back to Windows 7?
    Great to hear further from u.

Zagato, May 13, 2016
  8. axe0 New Member

Last week was the monthly patchday, your system has become incompatible due to either of those updates.
    It doesn't matter when you installed Windows 10, if you get problems with drivers for your motherboard and there are no driver updates then you're system has become incompatible, this doesn't have to occur from the start but can happen at any time.
    Your system has become incompatible because
    • you cannot update the drivers,
    • a reinstallation might not work given the date of the drivers,
    • downgrading the drivers would most likely make things worse.

That is your previous installation yes.

9. Zagato Win User
    Hi axe0

Thanks for the solid comments and suggestions.
    I'll figure out what to do next.*sarc*Think*cry

Zagato, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. BSOD - Internal_power_error Keeps coming up - Similar Threads - BSOD Internal_power_error Keeps

2. BSOD keeps coming up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD keeps coming up: Can someone please help me identify what the issue is because it has become really a problem for me. Have tried to locate the minidump file but can not find it so I can upload on here and maybe it will identify the problem....
  3. BSOD keeps coming up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD keeps coming up: Can someone please help me identify what the issue is because it has become really a problem for me. Have tried to locate the minidump file but can not find it so I can upload on here and maybe it will identify the problem....
  4. BSOD keeps coming up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Frequent INTERNAL_POWER_ERROR BSOD

Frequent INTERNAL_POWER_ERROR BSOD: HISTORY I built my computer with my dad about 6 years ago and it has been generally well-performing in that time. My general level of tech knowledge is going to be less than some users of this forum but my desire to fix this problem is strong, so please be patient if I ask...
  6. BSOD keeps coming up

BSOD keeps coming up: Blue screen keeps coming up. I have tried sfc/scannow and other ones that I saw being recommended on youtube but still keeps coming up continuously sometimes. Can someone please help me identify what the issue is because it has become really a problem for me. Have...
  7. INTERNAL_POWER_ERROR

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    INTERNAL_POWER_ERROR: Everytime I boot my computer it occur a BSOD witch the description is power policy manager experienced a fatal error and the bugcheck code is 0xA0 (0x10E, 0xA, 0x7F85, 0xE6C8). Heres the link with the dumps: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1GVCyOSQcQG4-xgkr0KE09xJ1ga9AHSt6...
  8. BSOD on boot: 'ntoskrnl.exe' 'INTERNAL_POWER_ERROR'

BSOD on boot: 'ntoskrnl.exe' 'INTERNAL_POWER_ERROR': Hi this is not the only BSOD I have been getting but the only one I have managed to log. Some things I have recently done: created a virtual machine and added another monitor using my onboard graphics card. I can't pin point when the crashes began. But also last year I had my...
  9. INTERNAL_POWER_ERROR BSOD while playing beamng drive

INTERNAL_POWER_ERROR BSOD while playing beamng drive: Today I got an INTERNAL_POWER_ERROR BSOD while playing beamng drive. it happened twice once as soon as I entered a race and one after about 10 minutes of playing. I'm wondering what is causing this. I don't know if it is the game causing it or something else that just happens...
  10. Internal_Power_Error

Internal_Power_Error: I'm getting this error message about every other time I boot up. I just finished a clean install,and am still getting this same error message. 20221