Windows 10: BSOD into BSOD into a monitor/keyboard/mouse that won't turn on

Discus and support BSOD into BSOD into a monitor/keyboard/mouse that won't turn on in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So I left my Windows desktop rig in storage for three months and picked it back up today. Booted it up, updated some stuff, everything was fine. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by srslybr0, Aug 17, 2017.

1. srslybr0 Win User

BSOD into BSOD into a monitor/keyboard/mouse that won't turn on

So I left my Windows desktop rig in storage for three months and picked it back up today. Booted it up, updated some stuff, everything was fine. I played some Overwatch, and it suddenly freezes and goes into kernal security check failure.
    I let it do its stuff, it files an error report and is stuck at the 100% screen. So I forcibly turn it off. After turning it back on, it keeps going to the same error screen and getting stuck. So I repeatedly turned it off. Eventually, this error turns into System Service Exception (still a blue screen) and finally, the monitor itself just won't turn on anymore.
    Is this still some OS thing? I was honestly planning on just reinstalling windows and my software to fix this, but now that the monitor doesn't even turn on it's pretty hard to do so.
    And I don't think it's any bugs or whatnot that crawled into the rig and ****ed up the system in storage, it worked perfectly fine up until I decided to play some Overwatch for a bit. I kind of feel that it could be a motherboard problem or something though, because none of the apparels that usually light up (keyboard, mouse) are responding. The keyboard does its usual light up trick that happens when it receives no feedback.

:)

srslybr0, Aug 17, 2017

2. Computer Won't Start After BSOD screen error

Hello,

I'm Using Windows 10 And It was Fully updated and running. Yesterday When I Was Browsing The internet using Firefox it suddenly shows me BSOD and the computer turned off. It Didn't restart automatically after error so i have to restart it manually using
    power button. But It Didn't Turned On. The Keyboard, Mouse, And The monitor is not getting any power but all fans are running and the power light on the CPU is on too. Please Help me.

PunitVerma, Aug 17, 2017
  3. Rennfield Win User
    BSOD that turned into a 5 hour nightmare

Oh no, no no no no no. If you read my post I said that all my troubleshooting steps led me to having to wait two hours while Windows restored itself to a previous restore point. I tell you what thought since I didn't post the links to the troubleshooting
    guides I used I'll do it now.

Troubleshoot blue screen errors

Debug Diagnostic Tool v1.2 is now available

Windows 10 ntkrnlmp.exe BSOD minidump and analyze which is a community question but
    one of the MVP's posted the next step

Driver Verifier -- tracking down a misbehaving driver And this is what caused me such a migraine
    and caused me to watch as Windows circled around attempting repairs for two hours. And I hope you read my full post so you should already know how it went.

Rennfield, Aug 17, 2017
  4. axe0 New Member

What are the specs of this pc?

5. srslybr0 Win User
    Intel - Core i5-6500 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor
    Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive
    Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
    EVGA - GeForce GTX 1070 8GB SC Gaming ACX 3.0 Video Card
    Corsair - SPEC-02 ATX Mid Tower Case
    Asus - VX238H-W 23.0" 1920x1080 Monitor
    Microsoft - Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit
    EVGA - SuperNOVA GS 550W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply

Unfortunately, I can't recall the exact brand of the RAM, it's just 2 x 8 GB DDR4 though.

It was working fine for a year straight until I put it into storage, took it back out and used it again. Either something broke/overheated in storage and unravelled apart as I was using it or software was corrupted somehow. Possibly the motherboard broke, because the keyboard/mouse/monitor doesn't turn on when the main rig does now.

srslybr0, Aug 17, 2017
  6. axe0 New Member
    Have you tried different kb, mouse and monitor and/or connections?

Have you before turning on the system checked the hardware inside?

7. srslybr0 Win User
    Never mind, I replugged in the two RAM cards and it worked fine. Thanks for the help.

srslybr0, Aug 17, 2017
  8. axe0 New Member

Glad to hear *Smile

Thanks for letting us know.

axe0, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. BSOD into BSOD into a monitor/keyboard/mouse that won't turn on - Similar Threads - BSOD BSOD monitor

2. BSOD when turning on second monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD when turning on second monitor: Recently I have found that when I turn on my second monitor connected by Displayport I am given a BSOD error - DRIVER_OVERRAN_STACK_BUFFER. This happens consistantly everytime I turn on the monitor. Windows reboots and when will not load until the second monitor is turned...
  3. BSOD when turning on second monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD when turning on second monitor: Recently I have found that when I turn on my second monitor connected by Displayport I am given a BSOD error - DRIVER_OVERRAN_STACK_BUFFER. This happens consistantly everytime I turn on the monitor. Windows reboots and when will not load until the second monitor is turned...
  4. My PC turns on but monitor, mouse and keyboard won't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC turns on but monitor, mouse and keyboard won't work: For a few days I had problems with my PC. When my monitor went in standby and I tried to turn it back on, at first it would say that it had no signal and after insisting turning off and on, the monitor would connect but the PC would freeze. I fixed this problemy simply...
  5. My PC turns on but monitor, mouse and keyboard won't work

My PC turns on but monitor, mouse and keyboard won't work: For a few days I had problems with my PC. When my monitor went in standby and I tried to turn it back on, at first it would say that it had no signal and after insisting turning off and on, the monitor would connect but the PC would freeze. I fixed this problemy simply...
  6. My PC turns on but monitor, mouse and keyboard won't work

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. BSOD and now won't turn on.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD and now won't turn on.: I have a Lenovo Idea Pad 3, purchased in May 2020. Recently I upgraded to Windows 11, not sure if that is relevant.I was using Google Chrome and the system came up with a blue screen, I didn't really check the error code but I think it was "sysfail"?After a while the screen...
  8. BSOD and now won't turn on.

BSOD and now won't turn on.: I have a Lenovo Idea Pad 3, purchased in May 2020. Recently I upgraded to Windows 11, not sure if that is relevant.I was using Google Chrome and the system came up with a blue screen, I didn't really check the error code but I think it was "sysfail"?After a while the screen...
  9. PC turns on but no power to keyboard, mouse or monitor

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC turns on but no power to keyboard, mouse or monitor: I built my PC around 3 months ago and I have had no problems up until now. When I turn my PC on, all the fans spin on the case and on my CPU cooler and GPU. There is an orange LED that turns on on my motherboard in the bottom left. However, the lights on my keyboard and...
  10. Desktop turns on. No Signal to Monitor, Mouse and Keyboard.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Desktop turns on. No Signal to Monitor, Mouse and Keyboard.: This has happened three times now. But once hard booted it turns on with no issues. Is it possible that the power strip the desktop is plugged into is not giving the PC enough power to fully boot? It is an old power bar. I ask this because I had the same issue with my Xbox...