Windows 10: BSOD IRQL Occurs when Plugging in/out power supply

Discus and support BSOD IRQL Occurs when Plugging in/out power supply in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, Great forum. I have been getting the BSOD Driver IRQL Not Less Or Equal (ndis.sys) occasionally when I either plug in or take the power supply... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JPV, Jan 22, 2018.

1. JPV
    JPV Win User

BSOD IRQL Occurs when Plugging in/out power supply

Hi,

Great forum. I have been getting the BSOD Driver IRQL Not Less Or Equal (ndis.sys) occasionally when I either plug in or take the power supply plug out of my computer. Its been happening for a while - finally decided to try to fix it.
    Can anyone help figure out what is causing this and how to fix it.

I am attaching the file instructed at the top of the forum...THANKS!

:)

2. Screen will not flick open when plugged in.

This occurs when using the supplied Nokia charger when holding it near vertical with standard AC. It also occurs when using two different auto chargers. One has a male end and accepts a 120v charger, the other a male end and accepts a micro USB. Same result
    - flick doesn't seem to work. When not plugged in to a powered outlet, it works fine. I will try to plug it in, but not have the power adapter plugged in - not tried that yet.

ScottAB---01, Jan 22, 2018
  3. BSoD's ans crashes when laptop is plugged into power supply

Bug Check 0xD1 DRIVER\_IRQL\_NOT\_LESS\_OR\_EQUAL | Microsoft DocsBug
    Check 0xA IRQL\_NOT\_LESS\_OR\_EQUAL | Microsoft Docs

HP Elitebook 8760w

Supported Windows operating systems:

Windows 8.1

Windows 7

Probably the cause is outdated or unsupported chipset Driver.

The manufacturer like HP and Intel does not give any further support for your Chipset.

If you have not updated the latest BIOS version , Try it.

F.64 Rev.A Apr 12, 2017

HP Software and Driver Downloads for HP Printers, Laptops, Desktops and More | HP® Customer Support

sp79706.exe

Regards.

IT Guy Viki, Jan 22, 2018
  4. Ztruker Win User

Can you explain what you mean when you say
    When are you doing this? Why are you doing this?

Ztruker, Jan 22, 2018
  5. Ztruker Win User
    Latest dump shows a problem with e1c65x64.sys.
    Code: fffff802`8f87a628 fffff803`52e1cf2bUnable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\e1c65x64.sys, Win32 error 0n2 *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for e1c65x64.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for e1c65x64.sys[/quote] Driver Description: Intel(R) Gigabit Adapter NDIS 6.x drive (82579LM Gigabit Network Connection)
    Driver Update Site: Drivers & Software

The one you have is fairly old, dated Sun Feb 15 08:39:57 2015. There is a newer 2017 driver available here:
    https://downloadcenter.intel.com/pro...net-Controller

BSOD IRQL Occurs when Plugging in/out power supply [​IMG]

Give it a try.

Ztruker, Jan 22, 2018
  6. JPV
    JPV Win User
    Thanks for the response. I am probably using the wrong terminology. The computer is a laptop and I mean when I plug in the laptop power cord to recharge battery or when I unplug the cord to bring laptop to another room. It happens more often when I unplug my power cord...Thanks!

7. JPV
    JPV Win User
    I guess you were posting at same time. I just installed that driver you suggested. It restarted fine, but hard to know if that was the issue since the BSOD is not every time I plug in - seems to happen few times a week.

I really appreciate your response. I will update with results.

8. JPV
    JPV Win User

I just plugged/unplugged my computer > 20 times with no issues. Hopefully that driver did the trick!

9. JPV
    JPV Win User
    I just got the BSOD again - this time while unplugging power.

I have attached a new info file.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

10. Ztruker Win User
    Newest dump shows the same driver as a problem but also this one now: NETwew01.sys
    Code: fffff803`a4a7a148 fffff80d`31e0e43fUnable to load image \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\NETwew01.sys, Win32 error 0n2 *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for NETwew01.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for NETwew01.sys NETwew01+0x16e43f[/quote] Driver Description: Intel Wireless WiFi Link Driver (Intel(R) Centrino(R) Advanced-N 6205 Driver)
    The one you have now is dated Tue Jan 6 11:19:19 2015.

There is a 10/1/2017 driver available here: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/pro...6205-Dual-Band
    Give that a try.

Ztruker, Jan 23, 2018
  11. JPV
    JPV Win User
    Driver Description: Intel Wireless WiFi Link Driver (Intel(R) Centrino(R) Advanced-N 6205 Driver)
    The one you have now is dated Tue Jan 6 11:19:19 2015.

There is a 10/1/2017 driver available here: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/pro...6205-Dual-Band
    Give that a try.[/quote] Does this mean I didn't install the previous driver correctly?

I downloaded and installed the newest one - thanks so much!

12. JPV
    JPV Win User
    More BSOD when unplugging. Newest dump file attached. Am I installing the new drivers correctly? The computer says they are installed and I should restart and I do...

13. Ztruker Win User

New drivers are installed. What power plans are available to you and what one are you using?

powercfg /list from a Command Prompt will show you.

Please fill out your System Specs:

See here: System Specs - Fill in at Ten Forums

The more information you can provide the better.

Also, it looks like there is a BIOS update for your T420s laptop. You have a lot of these Event Viewer entries:
    Code: Event[2800]: Log Name: System Source: ACPI Date: 2018-01-23T19:02:13.092 Event ID: 15 Task: N/A Level: Warning Opcode: N/A Keyword: Classic User: N/A User Name: N/A Computer: DESKTOP-062859K Description: : The embedded controller (EC) returned data when none was requested. The BIOS might be trying to access the EC without synchronizing with the operating system. This data will be ignored. No further action is necessary; however, you should check with your computer manufacturer for an upgraded BIOS.[/quote] so it would be a good idea to update to the latest available BIOS :

BSOD IRQL Occurs when Plugging in/out power supply [​IMG]

I found it here which I think is the right place: T420s Laptop (ThinkPad)

Ztruker, Jan 24, 2018
  14. JPV
    JPV Win User
    Thanks for looking at the drivers.

Here is power scheme info:

Existing Power Schemes (* Active)-----------------------------------Power Scheme GUID: 1e59434a-f765-42ed-9b18-fceb3998b9ed (Timers off (Presentation))Power Scheme GUID: 381b4222-f694-41f0-9685-ff5bb260df2e (Balanced)Power Scheme GUID: 8c5e7fda-e8bf-4a96-9a85-a6e23a8c635c (High performance) *

I will start to work on my system specs - that is going to take me a while...

15. Ztruker Win User
    You are using the High Performance power scheme which means there should be no reduction of power to any of your devices, that's good. I was expecting to see one of the other schemes set active and maybe that being the cause of the problem you are seeing but it doesn't look like that's the case.

Maybe updating the BIOS will help.

Ztruker, Jan 24, 2018
Thema:

1. BSOD IRQL Occurs when Plugging in/out power supply - Similar Threads - BSOD IRQL Occurs

2. Laptop Power Supply causing 100% when plugged.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop Power Supply causing 100% when plugged.: So I've been noticing that whenever I'm plugged into my power supply/PSU, it seems to cause the power usage to be very high and eat up a ton of my CPU. I've tried changing my power plan and it does seem to work if put on balanced, but sometimes it may not even work and some...
  3. Laptop Power Supply causing 100% when plugged.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop Power Supply causing 100% when plugged.: So I've been noticing that whenever I'm plugged into my power supply/PSU, it seems to cause the power usage to be very high and eat up a ton of my CPU. I've tried changing my power plan and it does seem to work if put on balanced, but sometimes it may not even work and some...
  4. Laptop Power Supply causing 100% when plugged.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Power Supply plug for Harddrive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Power Supply plug for Harddrive?: Hello, I got a Xigmatek Elysium case and a rx-530ss power supply. I recently got a new SSD and wanted to install it together with my 1tb HDD, but there is only one power cable, though it splits into another one backwards.I was wondering if its safe to use this cable together....
  6. Power Supply plug for Harddrive?

Power Supply plug for Harddrive?: Hello, I got a Xigmatek Elysium case and a rx-530ss power supply. I recently got a new SSD and wanted to install it together with my 1tb HDD, but there is only one power cable, though it splits into another one backwards.I was wondering if its safe to use this cable together....
  7. Power Supply plug for Harddrive?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. New power supply causing BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New power supply causing BSOD: Hi all,So my last power supply stopped working a few days ago, it was a 700w 80plus bronze power supply and I have just upgraded to a Corsair HX1000i PSU but now every time I boot my computer after a while it blue screens and the error code changes sometimes so it’s hard to...
  9. New power supply causing BSOD

New power supply causing BSOD: Hi all,So my last power supply stopped working a few days ago, it was a 700w 80plus bronze power supply and I have just upgraded to a Corsair HX1000i PSU but now every time I boot my computer after a while it blue screens and the error code changes sometimes so it’s hard to...
  10. Power supply

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Power supply: Hello. I recently purchased a Microsoft Surface Laptop Studio. This is an upgrade from my Microsoft Surface Pro 4. In addition to the power supply that came with the Laptop Studio, am I able to use the power cord that came with Microsoft Surface Pro 4, or perhaps the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. bsod plug in power supply

2. bsod when put on power supply

3. windows bsod when power supply off