Windows 10: BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE

Discus and support BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello I have been having some BSOD issues after the large January update, have done 2x clean Installs and the same still keep happening. I did... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by TwistedRat, Feb 2, 2017.

1. BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE

Hello

I have been having some BSOD issues after the large January update, have done 2x clean Installs and the same still keep happening.
    I did update Intel Rapid Storage driver and it was then stable for about one week but have now started again.
    At this time there are no new drivers for any of my hardware. *Sad

I have run Memtest86+ 10 sets with no errors.

The 3 BSOD errors I have been having is:
    • KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE - In these minidumps
    • IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL - In these minidumps
    • BAD_POOL_HEADER

DM Log Collector Data: UZ1-2017-02-03_112744,52.zip
    DriverView Data: DriverView 2017-02-03.txt
    BlueScreenView Data: BlueScreenView 2017-02-03.txt

Best regards
    Roger Bengtsson
    MSDN Premium subscriber

:)

TwistedRat, Feb 2, 2017
  2. Ashchu117 Win User

ntoskrnl.exe causing BSOD (won't let me get into Windows)

I get 2 errors. IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE

Ashchu117, Feb 2, 2017
  3. Blue screen when installing windows10

Hi,

Even i use bootable USB(Windows 10 Installer), i still get the BSOD, and the error code will be different in some time. Such as:

WORKER_THREAD_RETURNED_AT_BAD_IRQL

KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

IRQL_GT_ZERO_AT_SYSTEM_SERVICE

IRAL_UNEXPECTED_VALUE

Those error code appear when i using bootable USB(Windows 10 Installer).

LIMKOK SENG, Feb 2, 2017
  4. philc43 Win User

BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE

Hello Roger *Smile

Welcome to TenForums!

I can't find much in the BSOD crash files that help. My suggestion would be to uninstall the MSI software that you have running as the drivers that this software installs have been known to trigger BSOD events.

philc43, Feb 2, 2017
  5. Hello

I have updated to Nvidia GeForce Hot Fix driver version 378.57 and will check if this fixed anything, will try and force a BSOD if possible (usually happens if I try some gaming).
    If I'm still am having BSOD issues will remove all the MSI applications and try again, will post updates regardless.

Best regards
    Roger Bengtsson

TwistedRat, Feb 2, 2017
  6. I have now tried all I can think of, have uninstalled all MSI software and I have been running the system 3 days after a complete reinstall of all driver to the latest version.
    Still have a few BSOD per day and I can't get rid of them.

New files from the reinstall of all drivers are bellow.
    DM Log Collector Data: UZ1-2017-02-06_134657,90.zip
    DriverView Data: DriverView 2017-02-06.txt
    BlueScreenView Data: BlueScreenView - 2017-02-06.txt

Best regards
    Roger Bengtsson

TwistedRat, Feb 5, 2017
  7. philc43 Win User
    Can you try starting with a clean boot and see if preventing some of your start-up programs from running helps?

philc43, Feb 5, 2017
  8. BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE

I have now started in clean boot as well as changed a few MB bios parameters, disconnected the AIO usb port, moved USB mouse and keyboard to other USB ports to see if system remain stable or not.

Might take a while but I had a run of constant BSOD before I did this (30 min ago) where system got in to BSOD every 5 min or so.
    But other times system can be stable for upwards 16 hours at a time.

If it's stable with clean boot I'll start adding startup services one by one to try and isolate the one that is causing the problem.

Thank you for the support so far.

Best regards
    Roger Bengtsson

TwistedRat, Feb 5, 2017
  9. I have had several new BSOD even when running the PC in clean boot.

To try and exclude more hardware and drivers I managed to get a hardwired LAN-connection in to the PC and taking off the AC WIFI-dingle and uninstalled it's driver.
    Still having BSOD after this so I guess that was not the problem.

The only things I have connected to the motherboard now is RAM, CPU, GPU, M.2 PCIe HDD, LAN-cable, USB mouse and USB-keyboard.
    No internal USB header, sata or pcie slot are used except for the Nvidia GTX 1070.

New files are bellow.
    DM Log Collector Data: UZ1-2017-02-08_150402,27.zip
    DriverView Data:
    DriverView 2017-02-08.txt
    BlueScreenView Data:
    BlueScreenView - 2017-02-08.txt

I might have to do a clean install again but not sure if that will solve anything as I have done 2x complete clean Win 10 install before and had problems BSOD issues on all of them.

Best regards
    Roger Bengtsson

TwistedRat, Feb 7, 2017
  10. I have torn down the pc to bare minimum using the integrated gpu and tested with each of the ram modules by them selves and stig get BSOD at installation with 4 different HDD tested so it's a hardware problem with either the motherboard or the cpu, most likely the cpu.

I will RMA the hardware and close this thread tomorrow.

Best regards
    Roger Bengtsson

TwistedRat, Feb 8, 2017
  11. philc43 Win User
    Thanks for the updates, excellent troubleshooting approach *Smile

philc43, Feb 8, 2017
  12. It was the CPU that was faulty, have been using a new replacement CPU for 2 days now and everything is working perfect.

Best Regards
    Roger Bengtsson

TwistedRat, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE

1. BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE - Similar Threads - BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE

2. KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE BSOD: Hello, I bought this desktop computer a couple months ago with Windows 10 Pro 64-bit already installed. It has been functioning okay. Today it stopped like this two times. The message on the screen said something like we will gather some info and then restart the device for...
  3. BSOD KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BSOD KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE: Hey, i need some help. I get BSOD like once every other day and i'd like to fix it. I think it's a driver issue so i have used the driver verifier as suggested in this post...
  4. BSOD, irql_not_less_or_equal, kernel_security_check_failure

BSOD, irql_not_less_or_equal, kernel_security_check_failure: Hello Everyone, Currently my PC is driving me completely insane, build a new rig, with (supposedly) all the latest drivers installed. But since a few days I get multiple BSOD with either irql_not_less_or_equal, kernel_security_check_failure. I've already run the obvious...
  5. KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE BSOD

KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE BSOD: Hi, I keep getting the KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE BSOD error and am not quite sure how to fix it. So far I've checked for memory issues using the Memory Diagnostics Tool and found no errors, I have also used the Driver Verifier and had no errors either. I then checked for...
  6. BSODs KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE and/or IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

BSODs KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE and/or IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL: Hi! I've had a BSOD a few times before, also after waking sleep (say a year or so ago), but updating everything fixed it. Until now it seems. Now if my laptop has entered sleep mode (closing the lid or pressing the power button once) for a few hours at minimum (say 3 or...
  7. BSOD. (kernel security check failure, irql_not_less_or_equal) etc

BSOD. (kernel security check failure, irql_not_less_or_equal) etc: First and foremost, hey guys, what's up. I can't seem to resolve this issue, I hope you guys can help me. Thanks. I recently installed the A10-7890k apu in my desktop, (I previously had a4 6300 apu in there), and ever since then I keep getting these bsods while I'm idling or...
  8. Random BSOD. IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL + KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE

Random BSOD. IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL + KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE: I get the BSOD when i watch netflix/youtube, it also happens sometimes when i randomly browse the net. I have removed the graphics card, external hdd and have replaced the ram, motherboard and PSU. Ive ran chk disk and DISM, reinstalled a fresh copy of windows on the hdd...
  9. Kernel_security_check_failure bsod

Kernel_security_check_failure bsod: A few months back I built my first PC, since then I've intermittently been experiencing BSOD crashes. My computer crashes to a BSOD with the KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE error message but I've also rarely had the following BSODs: DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION...
  10. Bsod - kernel_security_check_failure

Bsod - kernel_security_check_failure: Hello there. I have purchased this new laptop last week. Recently, when playing GTA V, I've been having some troubles with BSODs (KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE). It's doesn't happen all the time, of course, but I've had the third one today. I can't figure out what's...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. kernel security check failure windows10 identifying

2. kernel security failure driver not less than or equal