Windows 10: BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL during restart

Discus and support BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL during restart in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Initiated restart to free up an external drive and got the BSOD For some reason the collector created two files. 103935 Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Hairy Scot, Feb 7, 2018.

1. BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL during restart

Initiated restart to free up an external drive and got the BSOD

For some reason the collector created two files.

:)

Hairy Scot, Feb 7, 2018
  2. TushantS Win User

BSOD irql_not_less_or_equal crashes

That is actually the only thing that shows up in the bsod before the pc restarts:

stop code: irql_not_less_or_equal

TushantS, Feb 7, 2018
  3. MSuser89 Win User
    your pc ran into a problem and needs to restart irql_not_less_or_equal

I getting error "your pc ran into a problem and needs to restart irql_not_less_or_equal" BSOD error. how to fix?

MSuser89, Feb 7, 2018
  4. zbook New Member

BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL during restart

Hi Hairy Scot ,

Welcome to Ten Forums BSOD forum:

For all tests /steps please post images into the thread.
    If there are any problems posting images please use one drive or drop box share links.
    Share OneDrive files and folders - Office Support
    Upload photos and files to OneDrive - OneDrive
    Share OneDrive files and folders - Office Support
    Upload photos and files to OneDrive - OneDrive

Please update the specs in the "My Computer" section:
    System Specs - Fill in at Ten Forums:
    System Specs - Fill in at Ten Forums Site Use Tutorials
    In the left corner below in your post you find 'My System Specs'.
    After clicking it you can find a link a little below that says 'Update your System Spec', click on this link to get to the page where you can fill in your system specs.
    System Info - See Your System Specs - Windows 7 Help Forums

Include PSU. cooler, case, peripherals and anything attached to the computer by wired or wireless (mouse, keyboard, headset, printer, xbox, USB drives, network card, etc.)

1) Open administrative command prompt and type or copy and paste:
    2) sfc /scannow
    3) dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
    4) When these have completed > right click on the top bar or title bar of the administrative command prompt box > left click on edit then select all > right click on the top bar again > left click on edit then copy > paste into the thread
    5) chkdsk /x /f /r
    Use the syntax chkdsk /x /f /r C: or chkdsk /x /f/ r/ D: changing c or d to the applicable drive letter.
    Run the chkdsk /x /f /r on all partitions /drives

C:\Windows\system32>chkdsk /x /f /r
    The type of the file system is NTFS.
    Cannot lock current drive.

Chkdsk cannot run because the volume is in use by another
    process. Would you like to schedule this volume to be
    checked the next time the system restarts? (Y/N)
    Type: Y
    reboot

6) Use the information in this link to find the chkdsk reports in the event viewer. Copy and paste > notepad > save to desktop > post into the thread

7) Make sure that there is no over clocking while troubleshooting.

8) Sometimes there are problems in the bios that produce bsod.
    The BIOS: Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. 1402, 09/08/2012
    9) Please check to see if this is the most up to date version.
    10) Open the website for the computer or motherboard manufacturer to view the drivers and post a URL or hyperlink into the thread.

11) To ensure that there are no improper bios settings please reset the bios.
    12) Sometimes there can be failure to boot after resetting the bios.
    13) Backup the computer files to another drive or to the cloud.
    14) Make a backup image usig Macrium:
    Macrium Software | Macrium Reflect Free:
    Macrium Software | Macrium Reflect Free

15) And please create a brand new restore point.

How to Clear Your Computers CMOS to Reset BIOS Settings:
    How to Clear Your Computers CMOS to Reset BIOS Settings
    3 Ways to Reset Your BIOS - wikiHow:
    3 Ways to Reset Your BIOS - wikiHow

16) If the computer has Ccleaner > click windows tab > scroll down to system and advanced > post an image into the thread

17) In the left lower corner search type clean > open disk cleanup > scroll up and down > post images into the thread

18) In the left lower corner search type: system or system control > open system control panel > on the left pane click advanced system settings
    > on the advanced tab under startup and recovery click settings > post an image of the startup and recovery into the thread.
    > on the advanced tab under performance > click on settings > click on advanced tab > under virtual memory click on change > post an image of the virtual memory tab into the thread

19) Download and install: Whocrashed
    Resplendence Software - WhoCrashed, automatic crash dump analyzer
    > in the left upper corner above analyze click on tools > crash dump test > type: ACCEPT
    20) Click analyze > look for dead or deaddead in the results > post the results into the thread
    21) Run this version of the log collector ater the above steps:
    log collector v2-beta08.zip

22) Run HD Tune: (all drives)
    HD Tune website
    Post 3 images for each drive:
    a) Health (SMART)
    b) Benchmark
    c) Full error scan

23) Run memtest86+ version 5.01 for at least 8 passes. Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool
    This may take hours so plan to run it overnight.
    a) Please make sure you use the Memtest86+ version 5.01 with the link below.
    Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool
    The testing is done not by time but by passes.
    The more passes the better.
    There are a significant number of false negatives if fewer than 8 passes are made.
    A false negative is a test pass when there is malfunctioning RAM.
    There is 24 GB of RAM on the computer.
    Memtest86+ version 5.01 testing takes approximately 1 - 2 hours /GB RAM
    Just 1 error is a fail and you can abort testing.
    Then test 1 RAM module at a time in the same DIMM each for 8 or more passes.
    b) When Memtest86+ has completed 8 or more passes use a camera or smart phone camera to take a picture and post an image into the thread.
    Memory problems. - Microsoft Community
    MemTest86+ - Test RAM BSOD Tutorials

Code: Event[3364]: Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-Ntfs Date: 2018-02-03T16:11:10.911 Event ID: 140 Task: N/A Level: Warning Opcode: Info Keyword: N/A User: S-1-5-21-2425865960-94127865-2793573178-1001 User Name: JIM-PC\jimwa Computer: Jim-PC Description: The system failed to flush data to the transaction log. Corruption may occur in VolumeId: H:, DeviceName: \Device\HarddiskVolume83.(A device which does not exist was specified.)[/quote] Code: Event[3330]: Log Name: System Source: Disk Date: 2018-02-03T15:23:44.203 Event ID: 51 Task: N/A Level: Warning Opcode: N/A Keyword: Classic User: N/A User Name: N/A Computer: Jim-PC Description: An error was detected on device \Device\Harddisk2\DR74 during a paging operation.Event[3331]: Log Name: System Source: Disk Date: 2018-02-03T15:23:44.203 Event ID: 51 Task: N/A Level: Warning Opcode: N/A Keyword: Classic User: N/A User Name: N/A Computer: Jim-PC Description: An error was detected on device \Device\Harddisk2\DR74 during a paging operation.[/quote] Code: Event[3328]: Log Name: System Source: Disk Date: 2018-02-03T15:23:43.189 Event ID: 153 Task: N/A Level: Warning Opcode: N/A Keyword: Classic User: N/A User Name: N/A Computer: Jim-PC Description: The IO operation at logical block address 0x5fbb08 for Disk 2 (PDO name: \Device\00000261) was retried.Event[3329]: Log Name: System Source: Disk Date: 2018-02-03T15:23:43.189 Event ID: 153 Task: N/A Level: Warning Opcode: N/A Keyword: Classic User: N/A User Name: N/A Computer: Jim-PC Description: The IO operation at logical block address 0x5fb708 for Disk 2 (PDO name: \Device\00000261) was retried.[/quote] Code: Event[3315]: Log Name: System Source: Disk Date: 2018-02-03T15:23:18.324 Event ID: 158 Task: N/A Level: Warning Opcode: N/A Keyword: Classic User: N/A User Name: N/A Computer: Jim-PC Description: Disk 3 has the same disk identifiers as one or more disks connected to the system. Go to Microsoft's support website (http://support.microsoft.com) and search for KB2983588 to resolve the issue.[/quote] Code: Event[3165]: Log Name: System Source: Disk Date: 2018-02-03T14:41:55.424 Event ID: 51 Task: N/A Level: Warning Opcode: N/A Keyword: Classic User: N/A User Name: N/A Computer: Jim-PC Description: An error was detected on device \DR45 during a paging operation.[/quote] Code: Event[2672]: Log Name: System Source: Disk Date: 2018-02-03T13:26:14.174 Event ID: 153 Task: N/A Level: Warning Opcode: N/A Keyword: Classic User: N/A User Name: N/A Computer: Jim-PC Description: The IO operation at logical block address 0x65eb988 for Disk 4 (PDO name: \Device\00000260) was retried.Event[2673]: Log Name: System Source: Disk Date: 2018-02-03T13:26:34.302 Event ID: 153 Task: N/A Level: Warning Opcode: N/A Keyword: Classic User: N/A User Name: N/A Computer: Jim-PC Description: The IO operation at logical block address 0x65eba08 for Disk 4 (PDO name: \Device\00000260) was retried.[/quote] Code: Event[6520]: Log Name: System Source: Volsnap Date: 2018-02-08T17:54:21.435 Event ID: 27 Task: N/A Level: Error Opcode: N/A Keyword: Classic User: N/A User Name: N/A Computer: Jim-PC Description: The shadow copies of volume C: were aborted during detection because a critical control file could not be opened.[/quote] Code: Event[4012]: Log Name: System Source: volmgr Date: 2018-02-05T09:48:58.149 Event ID: 46 Task: N/A Level: Error Opcode: N/A Keyword: Classic User: N/A User Name: N/A Computer: JimPC Description: Crash dump initialization failed![/quote] Code: Event[4964]: Log Name: System Source: Display Date: 2018-02-06T08:53:09.705 Event ID: 4101 Task: N/A Level: Warning Opcode: Info Keyword: Classic User: N/A User Name: N/A Computer: Jim-PC Description: Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered.[/quote] Code: Event[5847]: Log Name: System Source: Disk Date: 2018-02-08T08:12:42.878 Event ID: 11 Task: N/A Level: Error Opcode: N/A Keyword: Classic User: N/A User Name: N/A Computer: Jim-PC Description: The driver detected a controller error on \Device\Harddisk3\DR6.[/quote] Code: 04/02/2018 04:18 Windows Error Reporting Fault bucket , type 0 Event Name: BlueScreen Response: Not available Cab Id: 0 Problem signature: P1: a P2: 8 P3: 2 P4: 0 P5: fffff80217f5f275 P6: 10_0_16299 P7: 0_0 P8: 256_1 P9: P10: Attached files: \\?\C:\Windows\Minidump\020418-11078-01.dmp \\?\C:\Windows\TEMP\WER-23156-0.sysdata.xml \\?\C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP \\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER7474.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml \\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER74B3.tmp.csv \\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER74D3.tmp.txt These files may be available here: C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportQueue\Kernel_a_6ebb4e13fea0916f9429404ea9806ccf80312290_00000000_cab_039c74d2 Analysis symbol: Rechecking for solution: 0 Report Id: ecc739f7-8910-42bb-b06a-2275f701980b Report Status: 4 Hashed bucket:[/quote] Code: 04/02/2018 04:18 Windows Error Reporting Fault bucket AV_clfs!CClfsRequest::_CClfsRequest, type 0 Event Name: BlueScreen Response: Not available Cab Id: e1677732-9472-4283-a48e-23844243639e Problem signature: P1: a P2: 8 P3: 2 P4: 0 P5: fffff80217f5f275 P6: 10_0_16299 P7: 0_0 P8: 256_1 P9: P10: Attached files: \\?\C:\Windows\Minidump\020418-11078-01.dmp \\?\C:\Windows\TEMP\WER-23156-0.sysdata.xml \\?\C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP \\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER7474.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml \\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER74B3.tmp.csv \\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER74D3.tmp.txt These files may be available here: C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\Kernel_a_6ebb4e13fea0916f9429404ea9806ccf80312290_00000000_cab_1b0ca690 Analysis symbol: Rechecking for solution: 0 Report Id: ecc739f7-8910-42bb-b06a-2275f701980b Report Status: 268435456 Hashed bucket:[/quote]

zbook, Feb 7, 2018
  5. Wow, that's quite a list!

Will loading the system info to Seven forums change what I have put on this forum?

Hairy Scot, Feb 7, 2018
  6. zbook New Member
    zbook, Feb 7, 2018
  7. I've just discovered that the power transformer the external drive is fried.
    I have a feeling that may have occurred during the shutdown and may well have led to the BSOD.

Thank you zbook for all the info. I will endeavour to do all of that when time permits.

Hairy Scot, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL during restart

1. BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL during restart - Similar Threads - BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL during

2. BSOD restart during update.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD restart during update.: Overnight my laptop had done an update, and upon waking up I see that my laptop was still installing it, after a couple of seconds of saying it's 30% done. The laptop BSOD's on itself, saying the only error is "SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION". It then restarts doing the same thing...
  3. Randoms BSODS during the week IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, SYSTEM THREAD...

Randoms BSODS during the week IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, SYSTEM THREAD...: I have been getting BSOD's at random throughout the weeks, I've done a fresh install of windows, deleted programs I didn't need, ran a memtest86 and windows memory diagnostic both came back fine, lowered the speed of my ram, did sfc /scannow, chkdsk /r /f and reinstalled all...
  4. BSOD during Game (IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL) out of nowhere

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    BSOD during Game (IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL) out of nowhere: Just got some new parts and fully reinstalled my boot drive. Have ran a memory test and was clear on that but found out the issue was ntoskrnl.exe and a win32kbase.sys files that crashed it by using bluescreenviewer. I just ran the windows scan/repair(will put the log below)....
  5. BSOD - irql_not_less_or_equal happening during sleep

BSOD - irql_not_less_or_equal happening during sleep: Have been getting a BSOD for the past week sometimes when I put my computer to sleep and then wake it up. The code it reports is "irql_not_less_or_equal not less or equal." I pulled the events from event viewer for reference its the same sequence every time Log Name:...
  6. BSOD - irql_not_less_or_equal not less or equal happening during sleep

BSOD - irql_not_less_or_equal not less or equal happening during sleep: Have been getting a BSOD for the past week sometimes when I put my computer to sleep and then wake it up. The code it reports is "irql_not_less_or_equal not less or equal." I pulled the events from event viewer for reference its the same sequence every time Log Name:...
  7. IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSOD and Random Restarts

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSOD and Random Restarts: Howdy folks, Over the past few weeks my computer has started experiencing pretty constant BSODs/random restarts. They usually happen while playing World of Warcraft, but I've had a few just off the desktop. All typically happen after 30 mins to 1 hour of use. The crashes...
  8. BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL 0x0000000a especially during shutdown

BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL 0x0000000a especially during shutdown: Hi. I need your help. Last time I have very often blue screen Windows 10 errors. Details in the attachment. I did long hardware test. It passed all test. Could you look at my log files and suggest me what is a problem in my operating system? Thank you in advance. Peter. 124433
  9. bsod irql_not_less_or_equal during watching online tv or stream

bsod irql_not_less_or_equal during watching online tv or stream: Hi, after upgrade from 8.1 to 10 im have at least 3 or 4 times per days bsod irql_not_less_or_equal during watching online tv or stream or sometime when saving files in Adobe Program´s. It just happens when i connected to NetWork. Im think problems in Wlan Driver but dont not...
  10. BSOD: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL during basic use [Have minidump]

BSOD: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL during basic use [Have minidump]: I have no clue what's causing it. Tried updating all drivers, but I'm probably missing something. This is a week old install of win10. I can give full specs if requested, but I do have the dump attached. 26022

Users found this page by searching for:

1. WER-23156-0.sysdata.xml

2. stop code irql not less or equal system restart