Windows 10: BSOD: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, KERNAL TRAP [ntkrnlmp.exe]

Discus and support BSOD: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, KERNAL TRAP [ntkrnlmp.exe] in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello to all! Since the time I finished building this PC till the present, I have unfortunately received an unbeffiting amount of Blue Screens which... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by retr0, Aug 27, 2016.

1. retr0 Win User

BSOD: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, KERNAL TRAP [ntkrnlmp.exe]

Hello to all!
    Since the time I finished building this PC till the present, I have unfortunately received an unbeffiting amount of Blue Screens which ranged different errors. Using WhoCrashed, it at one point detected a possible issue with my audio driver which was soon "resolved" after updating it. However, more recently, I have received persistent BSOD's with an IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL error every few days and are spontaneous regardless of what I'm doing.
    Code: This was probably caused by the following module: ntkrnlmp.exe (nt!KeBugCheckEx+0x0) Bugcheck code: 0xA (0x8C942, 0x2, 0x1, 0xFFFFF803B1B02E83) Error: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL Bug check description: This indicates that Microsoft Windows or a kernel-mode driver accessed paged memory at DISPATCH_LEVEL or above. This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem. The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.[/quote] I'm quite surprised to see many others in the forums with this issue, but I can't seem to pinpoint my exact problem.

Furthermore, one BSOD possessed an error of UNEXPECTED_KERNAL_MODE_TRAP which also seems to be caused from ntkrnlmp.exe:
    Code: This was probably caused by the following module: ntkrnlmp.exe (nt!KeBugCheckEx+0x0) Bugcheck code: 0x7F (0x8, 0xFFFFF800E1257E70, 0x2F, 0xFFFFF800DF6A321B) Error: UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP Bug check description: This bug check indicates that the Intel CPU generated a trap and the kernel failed to catch this trap. The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.[/quote] Interesting as I'm running an AMD chip and not an Intel.

I'd greatly appreciate any help! *Biggrin

:)

retr0, Aug 27, 2016

2. Unexpected kernal mode trap. Windows 10.

Hi.

I was browsing the internet using chrome on my laptop and came across a bsod which keeps restarting my laptop.

Kept showing the unexpected kernal mode trap.

Ive tried doing the scans and repairs but it still appears.

Please help.

LeonardChan, Aug 27, 2016
  3. BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (ntkrnlmp.exe)

Figured it out i think. Uninstalled Realtek and Nvidia driver and downloaded the latest ones

MarkusViji, Aug 27, 2016
  4. axe0 New Member

BSOD: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, KERNAL TRAP [ntkrnlmp.exe] [​IMG]
    Warning Programs that claim to update your drivers install either the wrong or corrupted drivers.
    If you have installed any driver with Driver Booster 3, please remove them as it may cause trouble.
    An easy way to get remove these drivers is by using a restore point prior the installation.

It looks to me there would be compatibility issues if I would ask for lowering the frequency of the memory to 1333MHz as the motherboard sees the current frequency as overclocking which is what is not wanted.

5. retr0 Win User
    Heyo thanks for the reply!

I have been able to restore my drivers I used to "update" with Driver Booster. The only drivers that I used the program to update was both my Realtek and AMD audio drivers, PCIe GBE and IDE ATA... so to think it would've installed a faulty one is pretty likely - uninstalled!

Needless to say, my motherboard does show its capability for DDR3-2400. My current RAM sticks are DDR3-2133 and I had reduced it to 1866MHz prior to these recent BSOD's. However, I've lowered it to 1333MHz as you've advised!

I shall report back if any problems occur, in the meantime, thank you!

retr0, Aug 27, 2016
  6. axe0 New Member
    Correct, but as mentioned your motherboard sees it as overclocking after a certain frequency.

The problem is that your CPU seems to only support 1866MHz which is what I meant with compatibility issues and overclocking.

axe0, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. BSOD: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, KERNAL TRAP [ntkrnlmp.exe] - Similar Threads - BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL KERNAL

2. BSOD - Unexpected Kernal Mode Trap and others

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD - Unexpected Kernal Mode Trap and others: I am having multiple issues with my PC and looking for guidance. It seems whenever I think the issue is resolved and don't respond for a few days, then I never hear back on the thread again, unless I post a brand new thread. I will link the previous thread at the bottom for...
  3. BSOD Unexpected Kernal Mode Trap

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD Unexpected Kernal Mode Trap: After a Windows Update, I am having BSOD Unexpected Kernal Mode Trap. I've tried a few fixes I found on here for this, but none of them have helped. It doesn't seem to be a memory issue no matter how many times I run SFC /Scannow.I fully updated BIOS after working through...
  4. BSOD Unexpected Kernal Mode Trap

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD Unexpected Kernal Mode Trap: After a Windows Update, I am having BSOD Unexpected Kernal Mode Trap. I've tried a few fixes I found on here for this, but none of them have helped. It doesn't seem to be a memory issue no matter how many times I run SFC /Scannow.I fully updated BIOS after working through...
  5. BSOD Unexpected Kernal Mode Trap

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD Unexpected Kernal Mode Trap: After a recent Windows Update, I am having BSOD Unexpected Kernal Mode Trap. I've tried a few fixes I found on here for this, but none of them have helped. It doesn't seem to be a memory issue no matter how many times I run SFC /Scannow. It is starting to get worse, a few...
  6. BSOD Unexpected Kernal Mode Trap

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD Unexpected Kernal Mode Trap: After a recent Windows Update, I am having BSOD Unexpected Kernal Mode Trap. I've tried a few fixes I found on here for this, but none of them have helped. It doesn't seem to be a memory issue no matter how many times I run SFC /Scannow. It is starting to get worse, a few...
  7. Randomly getting BSOD for Kernal Mode Trap

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Randomly getting BSOD for Kernal Mode Trap: I have been getting a lot of BSODs from a single issue and nothing I have done so far has corrected the issue. It happens randomly throughout the day whether or not I'm playing a game or browsing the internet or not even doing anything at all. I've looked at the Event Viewer...
  8. Kernal mode trap

Kernal mode trap: My computer keeps shutting down because of "Kernal mode trap"???? The instructions were to go to Windows.com/stopcode and put in Unexpected Kernal mode trap. Please help me. It stops me from using my computer for more than 10 or 15 minutes. HELP!!...
  9. Kernal mode trap bsod

Kernal mode trap bsod: Hi new pc built, after a week I'm having this issue sometimes not doing much like launch a game or gaming for hours and it does a BSOD kernal mode trap some specs z390f asus mobo intel i9 9900k asus strix 2080 super 16GB corsair vengeance windows 10 1909 Thanks for any...
  10. BSOD - Unexpected Kernal Mode Trap + Others

BSOD - Unexpected Kernal Mode Trap + Others: Hello all, Have been having this BSOD just about two months now. I really only BSOD when I am gaming. I have noticed that I get multiple different error messages with the post title being the most recent, but all relate ntoskrnl.exe (thanks to BlueScreenView). From what I...