Windows 10: BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL when streaming video

Discus and support BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL when streaming video in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I get BSOD with only this error IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL It only happens when I am streaming video youtube, netflix etc. I tied rolling back video... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by zelpher, Aug 23, 2016.

1. zelpher Win User

BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL when streaming video

I get BSOD with only this error IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
    It only happens when I am streaming video youtube, netflix etc.
    I tied rolling back video drivers and network drivers and nothing has changed.
    Happens with edge browser and chrome.
    I have also ran a memory check many times no problems found.

Thank You

:)

zelpher, Aug 23, 2016
  2. dire-x Win User

BSOD Memory_Management and other

Another BSOD, this time I was just browsing the net, no games, no videos. Would really appreciate some help getting this problem under control.

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

minidump

dire-x, Aug 23, 2016
  3. dire-x Win User
    BSOD Memory_Management and other

I am still experiencing issues, I just got another BSOD, no games, no videos playing, just surfing on Firefox. I would really appreciate some help getting this problem under control, as seen in this thread I'm getting these BSOD often and it's very annoying.

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Minidump

dire-x, Aug 23, 2016
  4. philc43 Win User

Hello and welcome to TenForums *Smile

Please try and run the log collector again. The file you posted is empty!

philc43, Aug 24, 2016
  5. zelpher Win User
    The program now will not go past getting msinfo report. Its not hanging but just stops after that part and does nothing else i let it set there for 20 minutes.

So i have reuploaded the TFDEBUG folder i zipped it my self hope this can help.

zelpher, Aug 24, 2016
  6. philc43 Win User
    What I have noticed from the crash dump file is that you are using two quite different memory modules. From my experience it is never a good idea to mix memory types and therefore I would remove the smaller memory stick and see if it makes a difference. Buy a matched pair if you want to increase your memory.

Code: [Memory Device (Type 17) - Length 34 - Handle 000dh] Physical Memory Array Handle 000ch Memory Error Info Handle [Not Provided] Total Width 64 bits Data Width 64 bits Size 4096MB Form Factor 0dh - SODIMM Device Set [None] Device Locator ChannelA-DIMM0 Bank Locator BANK 0 Memory Type 18h - Specification Reserved Type Detail 0080h - Synchronous Speed 1600MHz Manufacturer Samsung Serial Number Asset Tag Number Part Number M471B5173DB0-YK0 [Memory Device (Type 17) - Length 34 - Handle 0010h] Physical Memory Array Handle 000ch Memory Error Info Handle [Not Provided] Total Width 8 bits Data Width 8 bits Size 2048MB Form Factor 09h - DIMM Device Set [None] Device Locator ChannelB-DIMM0 Bank Locator BANK 2 Memory Type 18h - Specification Reserved Type Detail 0080h - Synchronous Speed 1600MHz Manufacturer Hynix/Hyundai Serial Number Asset Tag Number Part Number HMT425S6AFR6A-PB [/quote]

philc43, Aug 24, 2016
  7. zelpher Win User
    I bought the laptop new like that I haven't upgraded the memory at all. This problem started on the 18th of august. Not sure if this is true but it may happen only when i am using an hdmi cable as it hasn't happened when I am not using the hdmi cable.

zelpher, Aug 24, 2016
  8. philc43 Win User

If you are using HDMI is this to connect to an external monitor? If so you may be using more memory and this will increase the risk that memory problems can occur.

If the laptop was purchased with the additional memory then the supplier should have checked that the 2GB DIMM was compatible. If this was done then you should be ok but I do not have a list of compatible memory for that laptop to check.

philc43, Aug 24, 2016
  9. zelpher Win User
    I am connecting it to my television when I am streaming video most of the time. This problem just started never had any problems at all in the past I have had the laptop for about a year. I feel like it was something that was auto updated I just don't know how to figure out what it was.
    Also something that just came to mind is that it wont give me this error when i watch a video from the hard drive only when it is streaming from the internet.

zelpher, Aug 24, 2016
  10. philc43 Win User
    If you have system restore points setup you can restore your laptop to a point before 18th August and see if it gets you back to where you were.

philc43, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL when streaming video - Similar Threads - BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL streaming

2. BSOD When Idle IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD When Idle IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL: Hello I Have Problem When My Computer be idle happen Bsod I do a lots of solutions without solve problem I have Mindump Files : https://uptobox.com/bzggp9ljdxxx Operating System Windows 10 Pro 64-bit CPU Intel Core i7 @ 3.70GHz 29 °C Coffee Lake 14nm...
  3. Windows tablet crashes when streaming video

Windows tablet crashes when streaming video: A Medion Windows 10 tablet crashes with BSOD or rather GSOD as it runs Insider builds a few times a week when streaming video on browser or Kodi. I mostly stream subscription based IPTV from Finland, Sweden and UK, tablet being connected to big screen TV I use it as my...
  4. BSOD When Browsing On Chrome "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL"

BSOD When Browsing On Chrome "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL": I commonly get a BSOD when browsing on Chrome, I typically see the same message as stated in the Thread Title. But I think I have also seen another saying something about "DRIVER_INVALID_STACK_ACCESS". BSOD occurs quite frequently, seems that it mostly happens while on...
  5. BSOD playing games / rendering videos IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL 0xA

BSOD playing games / rendering videos IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL 0xA: HI, I have this problem for a while since upgrading to Win 10 ( free forced upgrade from Win 7 ) It got quite annoying so I did a free install of Win10 to ensure it wasn't old driver etc causing issues left behind from Win 7. I was playing WoW free trail and computer crashed...
  6. BSOD on Gaming/Streaming/Video Proccessing

BSOD on Gaming/Streaming/Video Proccessing: So I've been experiencing this for a while now on both Windows 7 and Windows 10, any time I stream or process a video my computer blue screens and I have to power it on and off, for all other applications its perfectly fine I have a 4790k proccessor 16gb of of RAM and a GTX...
  7. bsod irql_not_less_or_equal during watching online tv or stream

bsod irql_not_less_or_equal during watching online tv or stream: Hi, after upgrade from 8.1 to 10 im have at least 3 or 4 times per days bsod irql_not_less_or_equal during watching online tv or stream or sometime when saving files in Adobe Program´s. It just happens when i connected to NetWork. Im think problems in Wlan Driver but dont not...
  8. BSOD When Gaming: "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL"

BSOD When Gaming: "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL": I'm having this problem primarily when I play GTA 5 in which I get an occassional BSOD with the same message every time - IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL. Help as to what the cause is and how to prevent this would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance -Alfredo (The necessary...
  9. streaming video

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    streaming video: Hi. I am running windows 10 and want to stream the video on my PC with my TV which are both on the same network. I had used Samsung smart view but even that has stopped since I updated to 10. I have tried to add the TV to my home group but that doesn`t work either. Any...
  10. Streaming Videos

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Streaming Videos: I'm having a problem with my laptop streaming videos. It is taking a very long time to download them and they play for less than a minute and pause to download more. a small video is taking 10 minutes or longer view. There is very little in my cache. 22995