Windows 10: BSOD issues

Discus and support BSOD issues in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi all, some of you might recognize me from the SevenForums. I was having these same issues with Windows 7 installed, and it was diagnosed to be a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by cannoncd, Dec 2, 2015.

1. cannoncd Win User

BSOD issues

Hi all, some of you might recognize me from the SevenForums.

I was having these same issues with Windows 7 installed, and it was diagnosed to be a insufficient power supply. To remedy this (and simultaneously upgrade to a GPU to support 3 monitors) I replaced my old graphics card (Gigabyte Radeon R7 250) with a new one (AMD FirePro W4100) which has a much smaller power requirement (50W vice 400W). I felt confident enough in the fix that I also upgraded the machine to Windows 10 (via the free upgrade from 7).

After upgrading, I'm still receiving the same variety of BSOD's I was before (although it seems with a little less frequency). I also did a clean install of Windows 10.

I'm still collecting BSOD's (several got deleted by my new install of CCleaner) but figured I'd go ahead and post up anyways.

Basically, I receive a manner of Blue Screens to include the most common:
    IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
    KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE

I did receive one which trouble me....and might point to the fact I still need to replace my PSU:
    INTERNAL_POWER_FAILURE (the fourth minidump)

These happen at any random time whether I am actively on the computer or not. I doesn't seem to be attached to any specific action or program.

Thanks!

:)

cannoncd, Dec 2, 2015
  2. Nigel_H Win User

Event 3104 Search: "Enumerating user sessions to generate filter pools failed"

With respect to the BSOD have you the eventlog message that occurred - in most BSOD now, Microsoft is writing the issue to the Event Viewer Log (I seem to recall it was the System log)

In my cases to date the 3104 issue does not appear to be related to BSODs

Nigel_H, Dec 2, 2015
  3. I keep getting BSOD, every 5-6 minutes after login. I've attached the dmp files. Help me find whats causing this please.

At the bottom of the BSOD there is a code exp (0x0000001C) and there might be a file name below that code that may tells if a file or something may have cause the BOSD. If so google the code and the file name to see if it leads you to a reason or a solution.

If you can get into safe mode and the BSOD dose not appear you can try this.

If you cannot get into safe mode or if the BSOD comes back in safe mode you will need to reload your systems from recovery or a new installation.

BSOD is often a software driver issue (dll or hardware driver file) but it can be hardware issue. If you can get into safe mode with no BSOD it is probably a software driver issue and not a physical hardware problem and the driver in the message at the bottom
    of the BSOD is the issue.

EMJComputers, Dec 2, 2015
  4. axe0 New Member

BSOD issues

Hi cannoncd,

I can't seem to load the dumps properly, again..

This question has already been asked in the other thread, but does a crash also occur when only 1 monitor is connected?
    Windows 7 is different from Windows 10, the answer for Windows 7 might not be the same for Windows 10.

axe0, Dec 3, 2015
  5. cannoncd Win User
    I haven't yet tried with one monitor, but will do so today.

On a brighter note, the new GPU has fixed the screen flicker problem!

cannoncd, Dec 3, 2015
  6. cannoncd Win User
    When down to 1 monitor, and let the machine sit. The most recent minidump is with one monitor, while computer was idle.

cannoncd, Dec 3, 2015
  7. cannoncd Win User
    Also, thanks for all your work. It seems you're the only one working in this thread!

cannoncd, Dec 3, 2015
  8. axe0 New Member

BSOD issues

Please check link below for BIOS updates.
    Attachment 51906
    Code: BIOS Version: American Megatrends Inc. P2.40, 7/31/2014[/quote] ASRock > FM2A88M Extreme4+

As a side note since I see everytime
    Code: sysinfo: unknown error 80004005[/quote] instead of CPU data in the dumps, please make sure you are not overclocking anything.

axe0, Dec 3, 2015
  9. cannoncd Win User
    I have made no effort to overclock anything...is there a possibility for something to come overclocked out-of-the-box?

cannoncd, Dec 3, 2015
  10. axe0 New Member
    Sometimes there is a possibility yes, or there is also software like turboboost for increasing the frequency of the CPU.
    I suggest to check your BIOS for the frequency of the CPU, I'm not exactly sure where you can find it as the BIOS of every mainboard manufacturer is different.

11. cannoncd Win User
    So, I should crosscheck the frequency that's reported from BIOS against the manufacturer's specs?

cannoncd, Dec 4, 2015
  12. cannoncd Win User
    Checked my BIOS and confirmed the processor speed was 3900MHz. There are options to overclock up to 4500MHz, but those are disabled. 3.9GHz is also the advertised frequency of the processor.

Since I updated my BIOS, I haven't had a crash (fingers crossed). I am still on one monitor, but if I can make it 24 hours without a crash (I typically get one or two per day at a minimum) I will add another monitor.

cannoncd, Dec 4, 2015
  13. cannoncd Win User

BSOD issues

So, 24+ hours without a crash and I've got back up to multiple monitors. All good so far.

I had 16 crashes the last 3 days prior to upgrading the BIOS and zero since. If I make it through the night, I think we can call it solved.

Thanks again......so much.......axe0!

cannoncd, Dec 5, 2015
  14. axe0 New Member
    I am very glad to hear that after everything that has been done *Smile

15. cannoncd Win User
    No crashes since the BIOS was updated. Thanks!!!

cannoncd, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

BSOD issues

1. BSOD issues - Similar Threads - BSOD issues

2. BSOD issue BugcheckCode 268435582

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD issue BugcheckCode 268435582: Hi,I've gotten two BSODs within a very short time frame. Apparently some RAM/driver issue.Here are the minidump files: MinidumpI ran the Windows memory diagnostic tool and it came back "The Windows Memory Diagnostic tested the computer's memory and detected no errors"Can...
  3. BSOD issue BugcheckCode 268435582

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD issue BugcheckCode 268435582: Hi,I've gotten two BSODs within a very short time frame. Apparently some RAM/driver issue.Here are the minidump files: MinidumpI ran the Windows memory diagnostic tool and it came back "The Windows Memory Diagnostic tested the computer's memory and detected no errors"Can...
  4. Persistent BSOD issue on moderate to heavy usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Persistent BSOD issue on moderate to heavy usage: I've been getting a lot of BSODs on heavy usage like gaming/video editing. On normal usage, there is no issue, but on running games like tekken or softwares like a voice changer, I always get a BSOD within 5-10 minutes. I have tried stuff like updating my nvidia drivers,...
  5. Persistent BSOD issue on moderate to heavy usage

Persistent BSOD issue on moderate to heavy usage: I've been getting a lot of BSODs on heavy usage like gaming/video editing. On normal usage, there is no issue, but on running games like tekken or softwares like a voice changer, I always get a BSOD within 5-10 minutes. I have tried stuff like updating my nvidia drivers,...
  6. Persistent BSOD issue on moderate to heavy usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. BSOD Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD Issue: Hello last night when booting up my computer I got the BSOD my device never restarted by itself so I ended up pressing the power button myself now when I launch my pc is very slow and after a few minutes I lose input from my keyboard mouse and monitor the pc itself stays on...
  8. BSOD Issue

BSOD Issue: Hello last night when booting up my computer I got the BSOD my device never restarted by itself so I ended up pressing the power button myself now when I launch my pc is very slow and after a few minutes I lose input from my keyboard mouse and monitor the pc itself stays on...
  9. Memory Issues and BSoD

Memory Issues and BSoD: Hi Guys,I upgraded my CPU from 5700G to 5950x. Got a 4070Ti and also ASUS Loki 1000W.I was getting some CPU related logs after 3-4 months of usage. I did all clean fresh reset and install but then I started getting Memory Check Exception and restarts.I'm not able to debug the...
  10. Memory Issues and BSoD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Memory Issues and BSoD: Hi Guys,I upgraded my CPU from 5700G to 5950x. Got a 4070Ti and also ASUS Loki 1000W.I was getting some CPU related logs after 3-4 months of usage. I did all clean fresh reset and install but then I started getting Memory Check Exception and restarts.I'm not able to debug the...