Windows 10: BSOD just started out of nowhere

Discus and support BSOD just started out of nowhere in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have been BSODing periodically for the last couple of weeks and I notice it usually happens when I play games. Some of them are IRQL Not less or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by kered1010, Jul 4, 2016.

1. kered1010 Win User

BSOD just started out of nowhere

I have been BSODing periodically for the last couple of weeks and I notice it usually happens when I play games. Some of them are IRQL Not less or equal and others are simply System Service Exception. All help is appreciated.

:)

kered1010, Jul 4, 2016

2. Severeal BSOD out of nowhere!

I still need help with this problem. Sometimes my PC works like a charm, and then all of a sudden I get a BSOD!

As stated in other replies my minidump folder stays empty (even after all the tweaks).

I've found some .DMP files somewhere else, but they are 0kb (and therefore can't be uploaded in onedrive!).

Today I've updated all my drivers (thought that might be the problem), but I still got some blue screens today.

I really need someone's help so I can fix this. I use this PC for everything (including my school stuff and for work).

Just a small recap of the whole issue:

I've upgraded my win7 to win10 quite a while ago now (several months) and never had any problems with it.

Until just an hour ago.. I've booted up my PC and it all went fine until I tried to open my first application.

It went straight to a BSOD and when I rebooted my PC it gained a different one. Gotten 3 different ones in total now:

• PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
    • BAD_POOL_HEADER
    • KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED (FLTMGR.SYS)
    Link to my DriverView is here:

Microsoft OneDrive - Access files anywhere. Create docs with free Office Online.

Link to my MSinfo32 is here:

Microsoft OneDrive - Access files anywhere. Create docs with free Office Online.

As I said in first message my Minidump folder is still empty (even after your guide). Don't know what else to do there..

Cheers,

Rowan

Rowan Meulenberg, Jul 4, 2016
  3. BSOD Out of Nowhere! IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Suvarna,

Thank you for your guidance, the problem only happened once, my concern is what caused the problem as everything was the way it was meant to be, i've made this post to be helping Microsoft.

as the experience goes i'm still ok with win 10 but its not perfect.

MehdiQanavatian, Jul 4, 2016
  4. philc43 Win User

Hello kered1010 *Smile

The recent BSOD dumps show there is possible memory corruption which could be due to a bad driver or bad memory.

Please run Memtest86 exactly as described in the tutorial for at least 8 passes (I suggest you run it overnight) to test your memory.

If that test passes you could try running the Driver Verifier for a while but no longer than 48hours. Disable Driver Verifier after 48 hours or after receiving a BSOD, whichever happens soonest.

Please report back on your results.

philc43, Jul 4, 2016
  5. kered1010 Win User
    HI Phil,

thanks for the reply. I have used memtest86 before and I am familiar with it. However the tutorial does not specify on how to alienate the offending RAM stick. If I remember correctly you have to remove all sticks except one and run the memtest individually. Is this correct? Of course I will not do this until the memtest with all the ram sticks on shows an error.

Thanks!

kered1010, Jul 7, 2016
  6. Ztruker Win User
    Look at Results & Extended Testing near the bottom of the tutorial.

Ztruker, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. BSOD just started out of nowhere - Similar Threads - BSOD started nowhere

2. BSOD out of nowhere

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD out of nowhere: So yeah basically that's all I know.Here's my specs: https://spec-ify.com/profile/91f319fbHere's the dump file: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1xMk51lwbfRpGRFQ3Um6hqWSE_IXGiO-A/view?usp=sharing...
  3. BSOD out of nowhere

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD out of nowhere: So yeah basically that's all I know.Here's my specs: https://spec-ify.com/profile/91f319fbHere's the dump file: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1xMk51lwbfRpGRFQ3Um6hqWSE_IXGiO-A/view?usp=sharing...
  4. BSOD out of nowhere

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Regular BSODs out of nowhere

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Regular BSODs out of nowhere: My PC sometimes does the BSOD while im doing something, playing a game, programing, etc., it doesn't drop the frames or anything, just BSOD, and its happening with low-demand things, like simple 2D games, this started happening when I upgraded my PC. I have searched a little...
  6. Regular BSODs out of nowhere

Regular BSODs out of nowhere: My PC sometimes does the BSOD while im doing something, playing a game, programing, etc., it doesn't drop the frames or anything, just BSOD, and its happening with low-demand things, like simple 2D games, this started happening when I upgraded my PC. I have searched a little...
  7. Several BSOD out of nowhere

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Several BSOD out of nowhere: I have had several BSOD over the span of 2 months for no obvious reasons. Most of the time my laptop was just on standby or during gaming. Some were "WATCHDOG" codes but latest code said: "DRIVER IRQL LESS OR EQUAL". I have saved all mini dump files. All drivers are up to...
  8. Several BSOD out of nowhere

Several BSOD out of nowhere: I have had several BSOD over the span of 2 months for no obvious reasons. Most of the time my laptop was just on standby or during gaming. Some were "WATCHDOG" codes but latest code said: "DRIVER IRQL LESS OR EQUAL". I have saved all mini dump files. All drivers are up to...
  9. Laptop just restarting out of nowhere?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop just restarting out of nowhere?: So recently my SSD was making noises, which was slightly concerning to begin with. Now when I use my laptop it crashes when I'm not using it and restarts so that next time i log on, nothings open (i.e.. Spotify, edge, word etc.). I did get BSOD one time but it hasn't come up...
  10. BSoD out of nowhere

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSoD out of nowhere: Was playing the Sims 4 and got a BSoD DESKTOP-E3C6UKV-Sun_10_15_2017_202724_11.zip 95521