Windows 10: BSOD - Kernel Check Security Error (ntoskrnl.exe & null.sys?)

Discus and support BSOD - Kernel Check Security Error (ntoskrnl.exe & null.sys?) in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello everyone, I recently upgraded to Windows 10 and have been receving BSODs fairly frequently. After using BlueScreenView it seems that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by tsujin, Sep 4, 2015.

1. tsujin Win User

BSOD - Kernel Check Security Error (ntoskrnl.exe & null.sys?)

Hello everyone,

I recently upgraded to Windows 10 and have been receving BSODs fairly frequently. After using BlueScreenView it seems that ntoskrnl.exe and null.sys are the common culprits. Seems like Googling around is not working so a catered fix would be most appreciated.

:)

tsujin, Sep 4, 2015
  2. Rudolfos0 Win User

Windows 10 BSOD - SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (win32kbase.sys+4d8be)

Another BSOD.. I just turned on the computer went into Intel control panel to disable adaptive brightness and suddenly everything turned off and BSOD appeared, but somehow there's no reason visible in BlueScreenView, it was something with
    Kernel Security Check Failure...

This time in BlueScreenView there is only one file highlighted - ntoskrnl.exe

Minidump https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=C28B2580DA30693!452&authkey=!AOgPyxYtrVWdLEE&ithint=file,dmp

Some other details:

0x00000139

00000000`00000003

ffffd000`8b97f750

ffffd000`8b97f6a8

00000000`00000000

ntoskrnl.exe

ntoskrnl.exe+142770

I have bad experience with Driver Verifier when I last time ran it...

Rudolfos0, Sep 4, 2015
  3. Nico_XYZ Win User
    DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL - WHEA UNCORRECTABLE ERROR - CPU WATCHDOG TIMEOUT

I've used drivercloud to get some information on the BSOD, here is what it did find

Crash source : ntoskrnl.exe+14E240

Path : ntoskrnl.exe+14E240

Description : NT Kernel & System

Version 10.0.10240.16463

Bug Check Code : 0x000000D1

Bug Check String : DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUEL

Parameter 1 : 0x0000000000000000

Parameter 2 : 0x00000000000000FF

Parameter 3 : 0x0000000000000001

Parameter 4 : 0x0000000000000000

Adresse "de la pile" : ntoskrnl.exe+158BA9

Nico_XYZ, Sep 4, 2015
  4. axe0 New Member

Hi tsujin,

Welcome to the 10forums.

This KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE has a parameter 3 that means that it may hard to find the culprit because it is a list_entry.

Because it is a security error it is recommended to do a full scan with your AV program to start with.

Because there are only windows drivers blamed, which are rarely truly the cause, we need to find the real culprit by stressing it out.

BSOD - Kernel Check Security Error (ntoskrnl.exe & null.sys?) [​IMG]
    Diagnostic Test
    DRIVER VERIFIER

Warning Please make a backup of your important files and get your rescue media or create one.
    Please create a restore point.
    Please read and run driver verifier.

Some windows drivers are blamed in a few crashes, but that usually means that a 3rd party driver is actually the cause.
    Driver verifier stresses your drivers and will crash your pc if any driver fails due to a violation.

Driver verifier should be performed for a max of 48 hours, or when you have a bluescreen, whatever comes first.

If driver verifier has found a violation and you can't get back into windows normally, try to boot into safe mode and reset in safe mode driver verifier, or in the troubleshooting options open command prompt and type verifier /reset.

Note Your system will act very sluggishly while driver verifier is enabled, this is normal as your drivers will be being subjected to heavy testing in order to make them crash.

axe0, Sep 4, 2015
Thema:

1. BSOD - Kernel Check Security Error (ntoskrnl.exe & null.sys?) - Similar Threads - BSOD Kernel Check

2. BSOD Kernel Security Check Failure

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD Kernel Security Check Failure: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1shdaI70dQ45G3LinLdR4W9YuhHRFt7Ur?usp=sharingRecently I got a few BSOD that I didn't know what caused those errors, could you please check these BSOD reports and tell me what caused the error and how I fix them?The most recent is the...
  3. BSOD with Kernel Security Check Failure

BSOD with Kernel Security Check Failure: Please help me to solve this problem with BSOD, I caught this error several times, below info of the error: Problem signature Problem Event Name: BlueScreen Code: 139 Parameter 1: 3 Parameter 2: ffffa78ddecf6f70 Parameter 3: ffffa78ddecf6ec8 Parameter 4: 0 OS version:...
  4. Kernel Security check error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Kernel Security check error: I am frustrated with this BSOD error: Kernel Security check error. This error appears anytime. It forces to restart the PC. I am working on win 8.1 system. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/kernel-security-check-error/38b3ccc0-4c53-4c34-b128-aab7e2664160
  5. Kernel Security check error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Kernel Security check error: I am frustrated with this BSOD error: Kernel Security check error. This error appears anytime. It forces to restart the PC. I am working on win 8.1 system. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/kernel-security-check-error/38b3ccc0-4c53-4c34-b128-aab7e2664160
  6. BSOD Kernel Security Check Failure

BSOD Kernel Security Check Failure: Please help! Been having BSOD recurring frequently. I have the analyzed minidump file from the crashes today. It is a Kernel Security Check Failure. KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE 139A kernel component has corrupted a critical data structure. The corruptioncould potentially...
  7. Kernel Security Check Failure and Reference BSoD errors

Kernel Security Check Failure and Reference BSoD errors: Hi, My laptop has had a number of blue screens recently, with the error being KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE. Could the following minidumps be looked at to possibly identify the cause? https://1drv.ms/u/s!AgFa6a2nWswdh69JDadOqXuH3DjIzA?e=LjEA3Z Many thanks, Nick...
  8. kernel security check bsod

kernel security check bsod: Hello, i recently bought this pc from my brother, upgraded cpu and replaced psu for a better one(no change). Apparently it happens usually at the start up, and this is the first time it happened to me 162618
  9. BSOD ntoskrnl..exe

BSOD ntoskrnl..exe: My computer has crashed a few times often when i play games. I bought more ram because i thought that it was the issue but it didn't help. It did work a few days but then the crashes came back. After that i fixed the BSOD´s by lowering the graphics and the resolution on the...
  10. BSOD ntoskrnl..exe+1b35e0

BSOD ntoskrnl..exe+1b35e0: Help. Getting 4-5 of these a day. Running latest Windows 10 Pro, Xibo signboard, Docker with Xibo server. Always the same 'Caused By Address'. Put in new memory, ran memory test, no errors, all drivers up to date. Change disk type to AHCA, made sure windows driver was...
Tags: