Windows 10: Bsod: "kernel-security-check-failure"

Discus and support Bsod: "kernel-security-check-failure" in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello everyone! I've exhausted all of my options and am turning to the knowledgeable people here for some help. Lately, I've noticed a severe dip in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by yankeedoodle, Dec 25, 2015.

1. Bsod: "kernel-security-check-failure"

Hello everyone!

I've exhausted all of my options and am turning to the knowledgeable people here for some help. Lately, I've noticed a severe dip in performance on my brand new LENOVO Y 50-70. I've also been experiencing BSODs with the same error each time. There's no true process that causes it to run the error organically, but I can guarantee a BSOD if I run the Lenovo Solution Control (which runs a hardware scan). I have updated all drivers on Device Manager, ran anti-spyware, anti-malware and anti-virus scans (all clear), updated my BIOS and ran Memory Diagnostic and CHKDSK.

I am under warranty and am preparing to send it to get fixed but wanted to try one last thing to see if it is a driver or software issue.

Computer Specs:
    LENOVO Y 50-70
    Running Windows 10 (64x)
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4720HQ CPU @ 2.60GHz, 2601 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)
    16.0 GB RAM
    Graphic Cards: Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M

I have included my report. Please let me know if you need anything else!

Attachment 55507

:)

yankeedoodle, Dec 25, 2015
  2. PrernaS Win User

BSOD

I have been getting a BSOD stating "bad pool header,corrupt driver expool & kernel security check failure". I have tried all recovery & troubleshoot options & with safe mode on does'nt really help. Please someone help me out.

PrernaS, Dec 25, 2015
  3. auggy Win User
    BSOD | kernel security check failure | Specifically: ntoskrnl.exe

If you have an NVIDIA graphics adapter try rolling back the NVIDIA graphics driver to the previous stable version as there have been numerous reports of Kernel_Security_Check_Failure errors with the last update (361.43) as reported on the GEFORCE Drivers
    forum:

https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/904988/kernel-security-check-failure

auggy, Dec 25, 2015
  4. lsvet1 Win User

Bsod: "kernel-security-check-failure"

Are you using 361.43 version of nVidia driver ? If that is correct, rollback to 359.06 version and report back.

lsvet1, Dec 26, 2015
  5. Kenshiro Win User
    I had the same problem with my Lenovo Y700 when I updated to 361.43, I went back to my stock driver 353.62 and Lenovo Solution Center is working perfectly now.

Gonna try installing 359.06 and report back.

Kenshiro, Dec 28, 2015
  6. Kenshiro Win User
    I just installed 359.06 and Lenovo Solution Center is working perfectly.

All the best.

Kenshiro, Dec 28, 2015
  7. Hi!

I rolled back the driver and reran a Lenovo Solution Center test. Didn't throw an error so it may have been the trick. When do you advise I update it again? It's obvious that I do need that update eventually (for example, Fallout can get a bit laggy and choppy at times)

yankeedoodle, Dec 28, 2015
  8. Bsod: "kernel-security-check-failure"

I'm glad this worked for you too! *Smile

yankeedoodle, Dec 28, 2015
  9. Hello everybody. I just bought a brand new Lenovo Y700 a week ago and have been having this exact same error appear when I use the Lenovo Solution Control app. I checked my Nvidia driver, and sure enough, it was version 361.43 (the most recent one.) Rolled it back to version 359.06, and just like all of you, it resolved my issue.

My question is: Does anybody know exactly WHY this is? Specifically, is this a fault with Nvidia or with the solution center built into Lenovo laptops? Furthermore, will it ever be okay to try to install a new Nvidia driver, or will an update always result in the same error?

I'm hoping somebody might be able to help me find the answers to these questions. I'd really prefer to have all the latest drivers, but not if its going to break my computer. Thanks.

SetForDeletion, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Bsod: "kernel-security-check-failure"

1. Bsod: "kernel-security-check-failure" - Similar Threads - Bsod kernel security

2. BSOD Kernel Security Check Failure

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD Kernel Security Check Failure: I have been getting multiple BSODs with different error codes however Kernel Security Check Failure is the most common one it all started after playing a game and my pc would just turn off randomly so i updated my gpu drivers then shortly after that i then started to get the...
  3. BSOD Kernel Security Check Failure

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD Kernel Security Check Failure: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1shdaI70dQ45G3LinLdR4W9YuhHRFt7Ur?usp=sharingRecently I got a few BSOD that I didn't know what caused those errors, could you please check these BSOD reports and tell me what caused the error and how I fix them?The most recent is the...
  4. BSOD with Kernel Security Check Failure

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD with Kernel Security Check Failure: Please help me to solve this problem with BSOD, I caught this error several times, below info of the error: Problem signature Problem Event Name: BlueScreen Code: 139 Parameter 1: 3 Parameter 2: ffffa78ddecf6f70 Parameter 3: ffffa78ddecf6ec8 Parameter 4: 0 OS version:...
  5. BSOD with Kernel Security Check Failure

BSOD with Kernel Security Check Failure: Please help me to solve this problem with BSOD, I caught this error several times, below info of the error: Problem signature Problem Event Name: BlueScreen Code: 139 Parameter 1: 3 Parameter 2: ffffa78ddecf6f70 Parameter 3: ffffa78ddecf6ec8 Parameter 4: 0 OS version:...
  6. BSOD kernel security check failure

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD kernel security check failure: hii am getting bsod these days, and i didnt get a chance to take a picture of the bsod. however i saw a kernel security check failure below.i went to event viewer to have a look and this is what i got:please kindly help with providing a solution. thanks....
  7. BSOD Kernel Security Check Failure

BSOD Kernel Security Check Failure: Minidump:https://www.filehosting.org/file/details/964931/101521-11671-01.zipThe same photo above but in text:On Fri 15-10-2021 17:40:16 your computer crashed or a problem was reportedcrash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\101521-11671-01.dmpThis was probably caused by the...
  8. BSOD Kernel Security Check Failure

BSOD Kernel Security Check Failure: Please help! Been having BSOD recurring frequently. I have the analyzed minidump file from the crashes today. It is a Kernel Security Check Failure. KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE 139A kernel component has corrupted a critical data structure. The corruptioncould potentially...
  9. BSOD Kernel Security Check Failure

BSOD Kernel Security Check Failure: Please analyze this for me thank you https://1drv.ms/u/s!Amnc9jXg-jkcasMHT45_Cw-OH5c?e=eGrOCn https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bsod-kernel-security-check-failure/cce9b940-dff4-404a-b152-0387385d191d
  10. BSOD Kernel security check failure

BSOD Kernel security check failure: Hello ! I would be very grateful if you can help me with my problem. I need to know what causes BSOD screen on my system. The message was Kernel security check failure I shared in Google drive the minidump and system information file created with the last BSOD. I...