Windows 10: BSOD Kernel_Security_Check_failure APC_index_Mismatch

Discus and support BSOD Kernel_Security_Check_failure APC_index_Mismatch in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I am continuously getting these errors after formats, resets, and everything i can think of. I've been told the hardware checks out and it must be a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by DuncanK, Jan 5, 2016.

1. DuncanK Win User

BSOD Kernel_Security_Check_failure APC_index_Mismatch

I am continuously getting these errors after formats, resets, and everything i can think of. I've been told the hardware checks out and it must be a software issue, any help on the issue would be greatly appreciated.

:)

DuncanK, Jan 5, 2016

2. Blue screen

My win 10 crashes several times per day:

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (several times per day)

KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED (several times)

KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED (NTFS.sys)

APC_INDEX_MISMATCH

DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

PFN_LIST_CORRUPT

SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION

KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE

MEMORY_MANAGEMENT

UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP

CACHE_MANAGER(FLTMGR.SYS)

BAD_POOL_CALLER

BAD_POOL_HEADER

CACHE_MANAGER

What to do?

Is it safe really to reset Windows? I do not want to lose all my staff.

Tapani Ihalainen, Jan 5, 2016
  3. BSOD APC_INDEX_MISMATCH ntoskrnl.exe+142940

I had a BSOD. Bug Check String APC_INDEX_MISMATCH , cause by driver ntoskrnl.exe caused by address ntoskrnl.exe+142940. Adive on the fix for this. XPS 15 9950 RUNNING Windows 10 Pro.

SanilPrakashan, Jan 5, 2016
  4. axe0 New Member

Please try to reinstall Malwarebytes:
    Clean removal: https://support.malwarebytes.org/cus...5311?b_id=6438
    Install: Malwarebytes | Free Anti-Malware & Internet Security Software *Name: Views: Size: Attachment 57486

Code: AODDriver2 Tue Feb 11 12:06:52 2014 (52fa044c) AODDriver2.sys // AMD Overdrive, known for causing bluescreens mwac Wed Jun 18 04:07:00 2014 (53a0f444) mwac.sys // Malwarebyts Web Access Control driver[/quote]

BSOD Kernel_Security_Check_failure APC_index_Mismatch [​IMG]
    Diagnostic Test
    DRIVER VERIFIER

Warning Please make a backup of your important files and get your rescue media or create one.
    Please create a restore point.
    Please follow this tutorial to run driver verifier.

Some windows drivers are blamed in a few crashes, but that usually means that a 3rd party driver is actually the cause.
    Driver verifier stresses your drivers and will crash your pc if any driver fails due to a violation.

Driver verifier should be performed for a max of 48 hours, or when you have a bluescreen, whatever comes first.

If driver verifier has found a violation and you can't get back into windows normally, try to boot into safe mode and reset in safe mode driver verifier, or in the troubleshooting options open command prompt and type verifier /reset.

Note Your system will act very sluggishly while driver verifier is enabled, this is normal as your drivers will be being subjected to heavy testing in order to make them crash.

axe0, Jan 6, 2016
  5. DuncanK Win User
    Still having crashes, uploading more dmp files
    Attachment 57799

DuncanK, Jan 8, 2016
  6. axe0 New Member
    Did you read my post?
    If you did, then you know why another crash occured.

Upload the zip again, it is empty.

axe0, Jan 8, 2016
  7. DuncanK Win User
    I re followed your instructions and notice something in the driver verifier. I have drivers for both AMD and Nvidea display, this computer is running only on amd hardware would having those drivers be causing this crash?

DuncanK, Jan 9, 2016
  8. axe0 New Member

I suggested driver verifier, because the dump doesn't show any driver as a cause.
    With a minidump it is possible to not show any driver as a cause, driver verifier usually helps a bit with finding the cause(s) and showing them.

axe0, Jan 9, 2016
  9. DuncanK Win User
    I understand that, i am just asking if that would contribute to the crashes, verifier hasn't crashed.

DuncanK, Jan 9, 2016
  10. axe0 New Member
    Usually inactive drivers aren't causing issues, but there are exceptions.

What Nvidia drivers do you have exactly? Have you every installed Nvidia hardware?

Please fill in your system specsPlease follow this tutorial and download the tool. The tool will give you detailed information about your system specs, please fill in your system specs more completely.How to fill in your system specs:

11. DuncanK Win User
    Updated information, i have never installed anything Nvidia, this computer is less than a year old, made in august of this past year, and i do not remember the drivers, i had already removed them with DDU

DuncanK, Jan 9, 2016
  12. axe0 New Member
    No problem, only removes them as a possible cause *Smile

13. DuncanK Win User

Alright, if the computer crashes again i will hopefully get the information down with the tool provided by the site, it's just getting frustrating trying to keep this running, granted the steps you've given me have improved the overall health of the computer, it is lasting much longer than before.

DuncanK, Jan 9, 2016
  14. axe0 New Member
    I'm glad to hear that there is improvement in stability *Smile

Keep me posted.

15. DuncanK Win User
    Alright, if the computer crashes again i will hopefully get the information down with the tool provided by the site, it's just getting frustrating trying to keep this running, granted the steps you've given me have improved the overall health of the computer, it is lasting much longer than before.

DuncanK, Jan 10, 2016
Thema:

1. BSOD Kernel_Security_Check_failure APC_index_Mismatch - Similar Threads - BSOD Kernel_Security_Check_failure APC_index_Mismatch

2. KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE BSOD: Hello, I bought this desktop computer a couple months ago with Windows 10 Pro 64-bit already installed. It has been functioning okay. Today it stopped like this two times. The message on the screen said something like we will gather some info and then restart the device for...
  3. BSOD KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BSOD KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE: Hey, i need some help. I get BSOD like once every other day and i'd like to fix it. I think it's a driver issue so i have used the driver verifier as suggested in this post...
  4. KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE BSOD

KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE BSOD: Hi, I keep getting the KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE BSOD error and am not quite sure how to fix it. So far I've checked for memory issues using the Memory Diagnostics Tool and found no errors, I have also used the Driver Verifier and had no errors either. I then checked for...
  5. Apc_index_mismatch

Apc_index_mismatch: Hi, I get often this blue screen APC_INDEX_MISMATCH Can you help me to debug that ? I downloaded your tool Beta-Log-collector. Attached my results. Thank you very much for your help, and your time. Cheers, 131747
  6. Apc_index_mismatch

Apc_index_mismatch: My Hewlitt Packard laptop (windows 10 64 bit) gave a light blue screen when I was using it all of a sudden with the message "Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart. We're just collecting some error info and then will restart soon (100% complete) If you'd like to...
  7. BSOD after wake, error code APC_INDEX_MISMATCH

BSOD after wake, error code APC_INDEX_MISMATCH: Hey! I'm having a hard time figuring out what is causing this BSOD. It started in Windows 8, and after reading around, and trying several things (changing parameters in the BIOS, updating drivers, etc.) I thought (well..hoped..) that upgrading to Windows 10 might solve...
  8. Kernel_security_check_failure bsod

Kernel_security_check_failure bsod: A few months back I built my first PC, since then I've intermittently been experiencing BSOD crashes. My computer crashes to a BSOD with the KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE error message but I've also rarely had the following BSODs: DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION...
  9. Apc_index_mismatch [bsod]

Apc_index_mismatch [bsod]: Hello Yesterday after coming back to my laptop after about 5 hours I brought it out of standby and whilst doing some work it blue screened with the error APC_INDEX_MISMATCH. I think I was trying to enter the character 1/2 with an ALT code. The error happened 3 times. I ran...
  10. Bsod - kernel_security_check_failure

Bsod - kernel_security_check_failure: Hello there. I have purchased this new laptop last week. Recently, when playing GTA V, I've been having some troubles with BSODs (KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE). It's doesn't happen all the time, of course, but I've had the third one today. I can't figure out what's...