Windows 10: BSOD KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE when burning dvds

Discus and support BSOD KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE when burning dvds in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi there, I've been getting the BSOD with the error message KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE (no numeric error code) and have tried to fix myself but with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Slaughts, Sep 19, 2015.

1. Slaughts Win User

BSOD KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE when burning dvds

Hi there, I've been getting the BSOD with the error message KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE (no numeric error code) and have tried to fix myself but with no success. I've attempted to manually update drivers, this appears to make no difference. The BSOD has been happening when I try and burn large files to dvd using the share - burn to disc feature in file explorer. I've read that this particular BSOD can be memory related so was suspecting that, it seems although the computer gets a little overwhelmed then BOOM, BSOD appears. I've attached the log as instructed and was really hoping someone may be able to help me out and shed some light on the issue? In case you haven't already gathered, I am somewhat technically limited...so please be gentle! and thanks in advance, Emma.

:)

Slaughts, Sep 19, 2015

2. KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE on Windows 10

So... I got a PC running Linux and wanted to install Windows 10. I burned an ISO file with Windows 10 from Microsoft's website on a DVD. Then I did a clean install from the DVD. I was using my PC normally when I got a BSoD (Blue Screen of Death) with the
    error "KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE". I don't know if it is a malware or caused from the Hardware but any ideas on how to solve it would be appreciated. (I apologize for bad English vocabulary/grammar/spelling but it's not my mother language... And also...
    Doesn't this sad emoticon scares you a bit ?)

Δημήτρης Παπαϊωάννου, Sep 19, 2015
  3. Multiple BSOD Problems (maybe caused by Hardware, Driver)

Another BSOD, "KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE (139)" caused by csrss.exe.

Added the DMP to the Onedrive Folder.

Abaddon287, Sep 19, 2015
  4. axe0 New Member

Hi Slaughts,

Welcome to the 10forums.

The cause is the driver from the USB Network adapter.
    Please make sure you have the most recent drivers for the USB Network.
    Check either the manufacturer or Realtek for driver updates
    Code: 0: kd> lmvm rtwlanustart end module name fffff800`19170000 fffff800`19525000 rtwlanu T (no symbols) Loaded symbol image file: rtwlanu.sys Image path: \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\rtwlanu.sys Image name: rtwlanu.sys Timestamp: Mon Feb 16 07:42:38 2015 (54E1915E) CheckSum: 003A17A5 ImageSize: 003B5000 Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4[/quote]

5. Slaughts Win User
    Hi axe0

Great! I've done as you'd instructed and so far so good! I'll try a few more times just to make sure, then mark as solved.

Thanks very much for your help *Biggrin

Slaughts, Sep 19, 2015
  6. axe0 New Member
    You're welcome *Smile
    Keep us posted.

axe0, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. BSOD KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE when burning dvds - Similar Threads - BSOD KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE burning

2. Can't burn DVDs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't burn DVDs: Hi,I'm trying to back-up some of my photos onto DVDs which I do periodically, most recently about six months ago, but the process has repeatedly failed today. I've tried BurnAware Free, Ashampoo Burning Studio and doing it through Windows Explorer, but they have all failed to...
  3. Can't burn DVDs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't burn DVDs: Hi,I'm trying to back-up some of my photos onto DVDs which I do periodically, most recently about six months ago, but the process has repeatedly failed today. I've tried BurnAware Free, Ashampoo Burning Studio and doing it through Windows Explorer, but they have all failed to...
  4. Can't burn DVDs

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Cant burn DVDs but i can Burn CDs

Cant burn DVDs but i can Burn CDs: Hello i have the error write speed too fast or too slow to burn disc, i have tried everything i can find online, i even opened the laptop up and took the driver out but i cannot see anything wrong, i have tried different software and different speeds nothing is working its...
  6. Can't burn DVDs

Can't burn DVDs: I can't burn DVDs. I'm using Verbatim DVD-Rs and whenever I try to burn one of them it talks about a PMA update failure. 146611
  7. Can't burn DVDs.

Can't burn DVDs.: I am able to burn CDs but not DVDs. I can play DVDs or CDs. The Error message says there is no disk in the drive. Trying to use DVD+RW. thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-burn-dvds/64df65cd-405c-4148-8aee-ae8537eb60da
  8. BSOD kernel_security_check_failure when launching an app

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD kernel_security_check_failure when launching an app: Lately i have been receiving BSOD kernel security check failure EVERYtime i lauch Corel video Studio x8 pro on my laptop. I have been using it for a while and it has never crashed on me when i used windows 8. On windows 10 it worked for a while but few days back it just...
  9. Can not burn DVDs but Blu Ray burning works

Can not burn DVDs but Blu Ray burning works: I can see the DVD drive go, as a DVD requires a higher intensity Laser for burning. But not the Blu-Ray drive. I guess you will have to replace one of the drives to verify it is a drive problem. DVD drives are relatively cheap any more. I see $20 DVD burner drives at...
  10. Burning dvds

in Windows 10 Support
    Burning dvds: I have a movie downloaded on my laptop. I am using win10. I put dvd into the drive. I press burn dvd, but it does nothing. Also, the page stops responding. Thanks for your help. 51395